Polk Magnifi Soundbar shuts down after 10 minutes

My Polk Magnifi soundbar has started to "act up" after 3 years. It shuts off after approximately 10 minutes. I then hit the power button on and then it is fine. That lasts for another 10 minutes and it shuts off again.....and so on...and so on. I have read this forem and see some people have the same problem but no one has any solutions. Also I see lots of questions in the forum but no one has any answers. Is this forum useless?

Comments

• Okay....here is what I did: I turned the power off to my soundbar and subwoofer, then unplugged the power cords. I waited about 20 minutes and then plugged everything back in and turned on the sub and soundbar. It has been two days now and the unit seems to be working fine and it has not shut off on its own so...so far so good. What I have done is that known as a hard reset?
  • I have the same problem. I tried what you did tonight and so far so good. Thank you
  • I tried this and it only worked for two days and it started back up anything else???
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    scald2594 wrote: »
    I'm the idiot

What has you all buthurt dipstick?

• NYKing
    NYKing Posts: 5
    My polk soundbar was turning itself off/on, changing inputs, raising volume randomly...driving me crazy! I finally figured out the issue...the infrared sensor on the soundbar got super sensitive for some reason (it was fine for a year) and is now picking up signals from other sources around me (I live in an apartment building). I fixed the issue by draping a small thick towel over the front of the soundbar. That blocked the sensor and fixed the problem but unfortunately, that means I could no longer use the remote. At least the soundbar is no longer scaring the bejeezus out of me!