Accessories for the outdoorsman...

Options
2»

Comments

• CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Several things in this thread that corporate types may frown upon on their free audio related forum with their brand attached to. Just sayin fellas...

This seems like the best reason to take this post down, to me.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Feel free to have admins take it down. Or, you could do the really hard thing and simply ignore it. I know how difficult that is for some.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
    Oh for God's sake, a deer stand???? How could you even mention it. What has this world come to? Oh and yes, I capitalized God. Sorry if ya'll are offended. Actually no I'm not.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    What? 429 views, and NO bites? WTH...LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 862
    Options
    Both of those rear sights are of very nice quality, unfortunately I don't have a current need for either. :(
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »

Well, your trolling was as successful as you'd hoped it would be
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    How old are you Steve?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    mackdrool wrote: »
    I fail to understand your logic here sir. I may be selling a speed boat but I'm sure as hell not going to waste my time by posting it here....on a forum for audio equipment.....

We buy and sell all kinds of things here, not just audio....

True, but mostly audio. I am nowhere near anti-gun, but this ad just doesn't belong here. It just doesn't.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    These items are withdrawn.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I'll say one thing; it took some big ones to put it up in the first place.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options

Not really, it just shows age is just a number, not maturity, just one reason why background checks are a joke...

• steveinaz
    Options
    Selling spare gun accessories is somehow related to my age? What next, my mother wears combat boots? Given your "hair-on-fire" comments, I think your maturity level might be in question. Jet, rooftop, Larry; it appears you didn't have the maturity level to simply ignore a sale of items you had no interest in, instead you had to make it personal--and even political. What does that say about your character?
  • steveinaz
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Not really, it just shows age is just a number, not maturity, just one reason why background checks are a joke...

Perhaps if you had the proper maturity level, you would know the reason background checks sometimes fail is because only 1/10th of 1% of perjuries committed on ATF Form 4473 (Background check form) are ever prosecuted. Laws don't work when they are not enforced, a grown up with a normal functioning, logical brain would understand that. Research before you speak, and then maybe your opinion may change, or at least be enlightened to what the "real" problem is. By the way, lying on Form 4473 is a Felony.

...but then, it's just easier to whine, right?

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Sigh, Sorry Steve, from the oh so carefully worded heading of your post to your own admission that you "checked the rules carefully" means you KNEW from the very start the post was questionable at the very least.

I looked at it thinking it was about camping gear, and had no idea of what I was looking at until I got to the third picture then it became crystal clear.

You were trying to find a way around a very clear rule, and got called out for it. No one is stupid on here, some are just incredibly dense and sneaky.

And as Tony pointed out your timing could not have been worse considering all the tragedies this week that have occurred due to the rule about what you were trying to finagle your way around.

Good luck selling your "accessories" elsewhere.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • steveinaz
    Options

It had nothing to do with that. I had spare parts that I don't use, they are higher dollar items, so I didn't want to garage sale them. Anything read into it beyond that, is on the reader. Tying firearms related things to masculinity is a liberal malfunction/fascination. It has no basis in reality with gun owners.
  • steveinaz
    Options

Well, your trolling was as successful as you'd hoped it would be

I don't even know who the hell you are, but your reading comprehension skills are lacking. The "trolling" began shortly after I posted my add. You do know the definition of "trolling" right?
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Let me repeat: The items are withdrawn. I have flagged/reported my own original post.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Sigh, Sorry Steve, from the oh so carefully worded heading of your post to your own admission that you "checked the rules carefully" means you KNEW from the very start the post was questionable at the very least.

I looked at it thinking it was about camping gear, and had no idea of what I was looking at until I got to the third picture then it became crystal clear.

You were trying to find a way around a very clear rule, and got called out for it. No one is stupid on here, some are just incredibly dense and sneaky.

And as Tony pointed out your timing could not have been worse considering all the tragedies this week that have occurred due to the rule about what you were trying to finagle your way around.

Cathy, I thought you knew me better than this.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    I do know you from your posts Steve, I remember getting into discussions with you which basically came down to you indicating that you want to do/say whatever you want and no one should have the right to infringe upon what ever that is. This is just more of the same.

Sorry if you don't like following the rules, but they are there for very good reasons. No one is forcing you or anyone else to stay if the rules annoy you, you can always go elsewhere.

But if you stay and break such a clear, concise rule, then you can expect to get called on it.

Have a good weekend.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Let me repeat: The items are withdrawn. I have flagged/reported my own original post.

Unfortunately Steve without a mod nothing happens when you flag and report. It's best to just let it die sad to say. The site is having terrible spam problems and since Ken was reassigned all the flaging in the world falls on deaf ears and the spamming goes unabated. To get an idea of how bad it is just take a look at the jbl flip 4 thread for some reason they love that one.

Take care brother

• Toolfan66
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Perhaps if you had the proper maturity level, you would know the reason background checks sometimes fail is because only 1/10th of 1% of perjuries committed on ATF Form 4473 (Background check form) are ever prosecuted. Laws don't work when they are not enforced, a grown up with a normal functioning, logical brain would understand that. Research before you speak, and then maybe your opinion may change, or at least be enlightened to what the "real" problem is. By the way, lying on Form 4473 is a Felony.

...but then, it's just easier to whine, right?

Steve, I personally have no beef with you, but whine? You have been whining since someone stated the rules, you should have just let it die but chose to be combative about it, and trust me I know the real problems with background checks..

Peace...

• Toolfan66
    Options
    BTW I will apologize for my poor words this morning before coffee!!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    Options
    And, I was trying to give you credit for having the courage to post your items with what recently happened.

I am not a liberal!! I have never been a liberal!! I will never be a liberal!!

Peace
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited August 2019
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »

This x 1000. Steve, you’ve been a long contributing member here and have seen how quickly these things go south. It was either a lack of self awareness or an incredible brain **** that you thought THIS was the right place to sell this kind of gear. You’ve been here long enough to know that......if I didn’t think more of you, I would go so far as to say it smells of you trying to push an agenda at the most inopportune time.

That said, you have enough friends on here with like interests that you could have PM’ed and asked if they were interested. You chose to post it on the flea market for everyone to see and got called out. You seem to have backed yourself into a defensive corner and can’t see the error of your ways. This is NOT a gun debate; it’s a courtesy to the forum rules debate. It would have been a much better look for you to admit that you were wrong and back out quietly. However, you continue to defend your position and the merits of your post.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    JHC, will ya'll stop piling on. The sale has been withdrawn.

THREAD CLOSED!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    Amen :^ /
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones