Mustang pics... Who has/had one?

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    CH46E wrote: »
    I really like that new 2020 ecoboost performance pack Mustang. I will be keeping an eye out for used ones next year.
    Yeah, that model will use the version of the 2.3 from the Focus RS, which is a serious motor. However, the current 2.3 Ecoboost is no joke, either. I'll likely add the Ford Performance Calibration to mine, which gives a nice increase in HP and torque.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Too bad Ford's calibration for the ST only adds torque (90 lb/ft) but no added HP :/

Looks like I'll have to wait till warranty runs out then get a bigger turbo.
  • mdaudioguy
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Too bad Ford's calibration for the ST only adds torque (90 lb/ft) but no added HP :/

Looks like I'll have to wait till warranty runs out then get a bigger turbo.
    Good news is these engines are highly modifiable. Lots of aftermarket support. With the Mustang, it seems like the stock intercooler is often among the first upgrades for a lot of owners
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I'd imagine the 2.3 performance pack should out handle a GT being that the front end should be much lighter with a 2.3 vs 5.0.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited July 2019
    Back in the day I had a Red '68 428CJ, Daytona top loader 4 speed, Detroit Locker, Fastback. Sadly good pics of it lost in a flood. I have this magazine sponsor page though from when I raced it.

It wasn't stock. Lots of mods needed to make an FE motor hold up under racing. Rocker arm shafts were especially vulnerable as the end rockers had no support and would break with heavy valve springs. There was a fix for that. It had narrow rod and main bearings too. Extra leaf right rear spring, plates welded on unibody frame above rear diff so they wouldn't crack.

01azb8ujwxw2.jpg

1icwepsamd4h.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mdaudioguy
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Back in the day I had a Red '68 428CJ, Daytona top loader 4 speed, Detroit Locker, Fastback. Sadly good pics of it lost in a flood. I have this magazine sponsor page though from when I raced it.
    Very cool, Rich. What a great experience! B)
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Bought an 03 red Mustang as our first brand new car. Convertible top, 3.8 liter 6 cylinder. Sadly I have no digital pics but it was a looker when it was freshly washed and shined up. It was a nice car in the summer time but the mention of the word snow and it was all over for the Mustang here in New England.
    A couple lessons I learned on that one are no more rear wheel drive cars and never ever another convertible.
  • mdaudioguy
    and never ever another convertible.
    Before buying the new Mustang, I briefly considered the idea of a convertible, but a friend of mine who once owned one talked me out of it. He said, "You only think you'd like a convertible." I'm sure some people do enjoy them, though.
  • pelhamplace
    pelhamplace Posts: 111
    I had a 2013 Boss 302. I have tried to load a pic but I am photo challenged. It was a fun car.
  • mdaudioguy
    I had a 2013 Boss 302. I have tried to load a pic but I am photo challenged. It was a fun car.

C'mon, YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • pelhamplace
    pelhamplace Posts: 111
    3z9hmjrfhfef.jpeg
    I can do it (finally).
  • mdaudioguy
    I can do it (finally).
    Oh, like the white! Looks like you had a gray one also.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Had a 2000 GT 5sp. vert. Triple Black just like this one. Fun car in my early twenties, but not too fast.
    lvg90azqz0bb.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    My daily driver at 148k.h8hxjpfpm8sl.jpg
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • jeremymarcinko
    Beautiful car!! Mach 1?
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Beautiful car!! Mach 1?

Jeremy,

Check out his username ;):p
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mdaudioguy
    halo wrote: »
    Beautiful car!! Mach 1?

Jeremy,

Lol! I've seen his name on here for years and that had never clicked with me either! Duh! :p
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    I had a '75 Mustang II. Omg, what a dog. Really just a Pinto in nicer clothes.
  • jeremymarcinko
    halo wrote: »
    Beautiful car!! Mach 1?

Jeremy,

Ha, how about that.
  • machone
    Beautiful car!! Mach 1?

Thanks!
    Yes, a Mach1 or machone.
    Pretty stock drive train but completely rebuilt suspension and steering with Maximum Motorsports components.
    Very agile B)
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4

• cincycat13
    cincycat13 Posts: 882
    Father n Laws mustang. Original owner since new. I need to find a pic of my dads mustang that I took to the drive ins as a kid. red 66 gt convertible...

se7cnphiabwb.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    That's a nice '66 V-8. Pony interior?
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Beautiful! My fiancé has a 69 Mach Mach 1 as well! We love our pair of vintage stangs
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • cincycat13
    No, I think my father n laws had no pony interior. Plain Jane 289 3 speed car
    My family car had pony interior, power top, fog lamps, trumpet exhaust, console 4 speed, 289 4 barrel am/fm radio pretty loaded car. no tach, no ac, not hipo 289

Love the Mach 1 kewl car

gq176cdhqfw3.jpg
    g2j56ilt406q.jpg
    ns1kv41fx54z.jpg
    mi8ntsfz5vjf.jpg
    2cq7srqz6nsg.jpg
    hmu9i4ox71ua.jpg
  • Viking64
    edited July 2019
    cincycat13 wrote: »
    No, I think my father n laws had no pony interior. Plain Jane 289 3 speed car
    My family car had pony interior, power top, fog lamps, trumpet exhaust, console 4 speed, 289 4 barrel am/fm radio pretty loaded car. no tach, no ac, not hipo 289

The trumpet dual exhaust coming through the rear valance is indicative of a GT. The gas cap is easily changed, but still, another indication. And the fog lamps and styled steel wheels. Plus, I can see a square GT badge on the front fender, the raised letters just below that, and it looks like a white GT stripe at the front wheel-well. There was a tach/clock option in the center of the dash that was part of the Rally-Pac and available in any Mustang that year. You should have a Hi-Po 289 with 271 HP. The 289 badge on the front fender would say "High Performance".

irk4q47zs3zp.jpg
    s05cicg1qnn2.jpg
  • mdaudioguy
    Wow, I just love these classics!
  • cincycat13
    I wish it were the K code GT. Just an A code one. It was bought around 1971 so probably may many tribute versions back then. Has all the right fog light wiring holes, glove box trim, disc front brakes etc.

kr8pb3zg6vhi.jpeg
  • Viking64
    edited July 2019
    cincycat13 wrote: »
    I wish it were the K code GT. Just an A code one. It was bought around 1971 so probably may many tribute versions back then. Has all the right fog light wiring holes, glove box trim, disc front brakes etc.

I guess they went through quite a bit of effort for the GT look. :p

I had front discs and the 4-barrel 289.

I just read this online: The very basic rule is that every GT must be either a "K" code car or an "A" code car built after mid February 1965, no exceptions.

Here's a link with lots of information: https://www.mustang-s.com/years/1966/1966_mustang.htm
  • machone
    My 1969 Mach 1, which I've owned for over 20 years

0t81c1rkw49d.jpeg
    0cv9zqgnlx7f.jpeg

Sweet!
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4