New Polk Speaker Model Coming Soon

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,805
I was fortunate enough to spend the day at the Sound United facilities in Owings Mills, MD where I was able to touch, smell and most importantly hear Polk's new speaker series, which are coming to a dealer near you very soon. I can't say much about them, but I liked what I saw and heard. Yes, you should be excited.

It was great to see some old faces and to meet a few new ones. Thank you once again.

Jesse
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    What would you say is the WAF of these new speakers?

More of a modern design or is Polk jumping on the “old is new” bandwagon?

Because if it’s the “old is new” bandwagon, the WAF factor is going to be non-existent, at least in my home.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Finally, another polkie that can back my earlier claims.

Jesse, you lucky SOB! I wasn't able to give them a listen when I saw them 2 Novembers ago. Pm me your thoughts please.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    You’re making me nervous, Jesse...
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Jesse were you able to talk about moderation on here?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Quit being a tease Jesse and spill the beans.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 616
    Options
    Hooray!
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Can you define “soon”. Before Xmas?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yes, we talked about a mod.

I cannot spill the beans, but I can say that Polk has been working on this model for years and they are very excited about them for good reason.

Yes, before Christmas.
    Post edited by F1nut on

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I like the sound of this new series coming out soon!

The Signature Series is still well respected as is the LSiM series.

Thanks for the tease. ;)

<3 POLK
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Jesse I’m sure your first order of business will be to boot me so let me start groveling now...
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I was fortunate enough to spend the day at the Sound United facilities in Owings Mills, MD where I was able to touch, smell and most importantly hear Polk's new speaker series, which are coming to a dealer near you very soon.

How did they smell?
  • F1nut
    Options
    Like money B)

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    With the modded 1.2TL being a ten, what would you rate the new model?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • joecoulson
    Options
  • F1nut
    Options
    Who said anything about SDA's?

President of Club Polk

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Well alrighty then!!!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Let me guess... you could tell us but Alexa knows where you live?

• aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    Options
    Are we going to have to give up an arm, leg, and left nut for these?
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    (They should hold another HQ PolkFest to roll them out)
    My attempt at subliminal messaging ^^^^ ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Is this a new flagship line, or does it seem like it will fall closer to their current offerings? How heavy does your wallet need to be to consider them on release?
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder.

They musta dosed @F1nut with psilocybin before puttin' him back on the light rail and sendin' him home! :)

He's doubtless sittin' out in the back yard now, watching the sun set, listenin' to Buck Owens, and feeling at one with all of the little animals dancin' around.

https://youtu.be/Aae_RHRptRg

;)

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    In with 69.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    In with 69.

wouldn't we all be...?
    B)
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    Options
    In addition to sounding incredible, I hope they offer more options for the finish than they did with LSiM series. I'd like to see some quality wood finishes such as walnut or oak. I am still looking for the perfect speaker, maybe this will be it!
  • joecoulson
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    In with 69.

wouldn't we all be...?
    B)

Lol. Some many possibilities for meaning. Thank You, that literally made me laugh out loud.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Is this a new flagship line, or does it seem like it will fall closer to their current offerings? How heavy does your wallet need to be to consider them on release?

Yes, it replaces the LSiM series.

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options

Yes, it replaces the LSiM series.

Well that will solve a conundrum for many around here. Get er LSiMs while they're still available and discounted!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Ooooh now I can't retire.