Looking for Voskhod 6N23P tubes

I want to try these in place of my 6DJ8 tubes. Interested in the 1975 grey shield plate getter or the 1975 silver shield wire getter.
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Never heard of such a tube. Better do some Googling. Have some 6DJ8 tubes.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    The Voskhods are some of the better Russian tubes Kerry. I had the 6ak5 Voskhods and they were very nice tubes
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    From what I've read they are a good sounding tube for not much coin. With all the other life expenses right now I could use a bargain quad.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited July 2019
    take a look at the 6n30pi. just make sure your pre or power amp can run them.
    https://www.thetubestore.com/sovtek-6h30pi
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    The Voskhods are some of the better Russian tubes Kerry. I had the 6ak5 Voskhods and they were very nice tubes

Bump for OP.... are those are the ones I got from you ? They still sound great TY. I roll them in one of my set ups often. Mullards sound good too. I think those were from Mike iirc. GLWSearch
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited July 2019
    boston1450 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

are those are the ones I got from you ? They still sound great TY. I roll them in one of my set ups often. Mullards sound good too. I think those were from Mike iirc. GLWSearch

yep they were. How ya doing
  • boston1450
    Doing great & U . Oldest daughter is turning 35 tomorrow so I'm feeling kinda old today :) time flies. Stay cool down there
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Doing great & U . Oldest daughter is turning 35 tomorrow so I'm feeling kinda old today :) time flies. Stay cool down there

Heh -- ours turned 35 this year, too, now that you mention it.
    She also presented us with our second grandchild a week ago Saturday :)

I don't feel particularly old... I just am old. B)

That being said...

Congratulations to you on that milestone, dad! :)

• boston1450
    Congratulations Mark & Family.
    Randy/Maine
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Heh -- ours turned 35 this year, too, now that you mention it.
    She also presented us with our second grandchild a week ago Saturday :)

I don't feel particularly old... I just am old. B)

That being said...

Congratulations to you on that milestone, dad! :)
    My son keeps presenting me with #2’s, and I just turned 54....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    marvda1 wrote: »
    take a look at the 6n30pi. just make sure your pre or power amp can run them.
    https://www.thetubestore.com/sovtek-6h30pi

These tubes are not a 1:1 swap, and I wouldn't try them without knowing your model will handle them.
  • zingo
    muncybob wrote: »
    I want to try these in place of my 6DJ8 tubes. Interested in the 1975 grey shield plate getter or the 1975 silver shield wire getter.

Voskhod 6N23P tubes are great tubes and I've owned them many times as subs for 6JD8/6922.
  • muncybob
    While I will continue to look for these, for now I'm happy with the Phillips Miniwatt SQ E88CC that I'm currently test driving.
    There is not much info on my pre so all I know is that it takes 6922 or similar tubes.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Did you ever get a chance to post photos of your Phillips tubes in your other thread for Heiney9? I'd be interested to see if they could be pinned down (no pun intended). There are lots of really good 6922 tubes, as well as 7308.
  • muncybob
    No photo yet...will try to remember tonight. I'm liking the sound but have yet to sit down and dedicate some time to them.
  • zingo
    These 1985 6N23P-EV CCCP stamped tubes are the favorite I've owned; they are the physically heaviest tubes of this variant that I've owned with the same structure and sound as current Gold Lion 6922 tubes.

73699.jpg