In Need Of MW 6503

In Need Of MW 6503. Where do I get these or do any members have good used ones. Thanks

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited July 2019
    Ebay

Might try polk customer service to see if they have any in stock. If they do better buy more than one. You will need to trim rubber around the screw holes so rubber is not trapped or against the screw head.
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • SCHNEID
    SCHNEID Posts: 2
    Spoke with customer service and they have "0" in stock. But he did mention a guy in Minnesota is currently in the process of making these. Maybe available in September sometime.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Midwest Speaker is going to make them. In the meantime, eBay.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Interesting. I had to look!
    r6wx8khrg5rq.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • windstriker
    windstriker Posts: 136
    If you used a aftermarket copy would u need to replace the matching original 6503 as well?
  • F1nut
    They are supposed to be exact copies of the ones Polk was stocking, which were slightly different than the originals, so probably best to get matching sets.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• windstriker
    Does polk not stocking replacements anymore have anything to do with them merging with denon/marantz?

• F1nut
    It has to do with someone at Polk deciding they will no longer support vintage products. A damn shame, IMO.

President of Club Polk

• windstriker
    Agreed. I was just wondering. I ordered a pair of RDO 198 today. The customer service rep was talking about a clash of cultures they where having when the merged.
  • F1nut
    They may have meant the American and Japanese cultures, but both companies are owned by DEI (American), who calls the shots and would be the one deciding to stop support of vintage Polk speakers.

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    We all knew this day would come...although it came much, much later than I expected.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    I really wish I had at least picked up a full set of new RDO 198's a few years ago..
  • F1nut
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I really wish I had at least picked up a full set of new RDO 198's a few years ago..

I believe Midwest will be offering the RD0 tweeters.

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    They've stopped carrying RD0's as well?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • windstriker
    They still have some
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    But wasn’t there guys having issues with some of the newer ones?
  • xsmi
    OK. I guess I will place my order tomorrow. I need 8.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • pitdogg2
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    But wasn’t there guys having issues with some of the newer ones?

No just the rd-0194's pretty sure
  • pitdogg2
    xsmi wrote: »
    OK. I guess I will place my order tomorrow. I need 8.

When you order ask how many are left please. I would like more myself so if you'd pm me or come back here that would be great.
  • windstriker
    edited July 2019
    He said they had 70 rdo 198s

Also just looked and midwest has a stock of them it looks like.

https://www.midwestspeakerrepair.com/shop/home-audio/tweeters/polk-audio-1-tweeters/polk-audio-sl2500-sl3000-1-inch-dome-tweeter/

So question is midwest liscening the part designs to have these tweeters and woofeers made? Do they have a deal with polk to continue support?
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Wow, so they look identical to the 198's.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    edited July 2019
    So question is midwest liscening the part designs to have these tweeters and woofeers made? Do they have a deal with polk to continue support?

Typically (without getting WAY into the weeds on patent law), patents expire after 20 years. Therefore, any company is free to build and sell these drivers, so long as they are marketed as “replacement parts”, as The Polk name is protected by trademark (not patent) law.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• xsmi
    I need 194’s.
  • xsmi
    180 194's on hand and 400 on order. And they are still honoring the Club Polk discount.
  • pitdogg2
    xsmi wrote: »
    180 194's on hand and 400 on order. And they are still honoring the Club Polk discount.

good to know they did order more. The last time I talked to the rep he said that when gone they were gone.

• pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Polk (Denon) is out of the 198's and have a back log list. They are scheduled to arrive in Sept. 194's are still in stock. AFAIK midwest is selling OEM polk tweeters. They are like a buffer warehouse.
  • xsmi
    Just a heads up, fellas. I contacted Midwest the other day to get an update on their replacements and they have pushed their estimated time of delivery back to November.