Isopucks

So I just ordered a set of these to go under the Auralic as it sits on top of a piece of wood furniture which is prone to vibrations from the speakers in close proximity.
I was wondering if any of you have ever used products from this company?

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    I haven't but I know their stands are highly regarded
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    https://www.amazon.com/Isolate-It/b/ref=bl_dp_s_mw_3031799011?ie=UTF8&node=3031799011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Isolate+It!

These do a good job and are priced accordingly, I tried a couple of sets and with good results. I was considering the Isopucks but figured what the heck might as well try these first they do the job well, and left me money to spend on other audio items.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Agree sorbothane is the shiznit. I've had Audioquest's different incarnations of Sorbothane under my gear for years. It flat works very well.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Just be careful with sorbothane on wood surfaces.... It will leave a mark
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    @marvda1 uses these. They certainly feel well built and seemed effective. We didn't A/B them or anything, but they seem like a very safe investment. Maybe Marvin will weigh in with some more details.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    I have these under all my components plus the gaias on my speakers.
    they bring images into focus and lower the noise floor.
    one thing to watch out for is if your equipment is on the lighter side only use three not four isopucks. you can get discounts at some places and if you have a local guitar center pick them up there.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I’m going to try these on my Auralic with some optimism and most likely will get the GAIA II’son the Elacs. They look like they will be well built.
  • joecoulson
    Thank You @displayname and @marvda1 for adding to the conversation
  • joecoulson
    Ordered the Gaia
  • joecoulson
    Since the Gaia is not a cheap mod/tweak, I will do my best to perform an objective review.

I’ll use the stock spikes with and without the bottoms discs, and then switch to the Gaia. I am on a crawl and it does affect the sound.

Will hope to be able to describe my findings as best I can.
  • joecoulson
    marvda1 wrote: »
    one thing to watch out for is if your equipment is on the lighter side only use three not four isopucks. you can get discounts at some places and if you have a local guitar center pick them up there.

Marvin, what would you consider “light”?
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    VR3 wrote: »
    I haven't but I know their stands are highly regarded
    I have a pair of their smaller stands, and they work quite well. I like the way they can be configured for different heights and tilt.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • marvda1
    joecoulson wrote: »
    marvda1 wrote: »

Marvin, what would you consider “light”?

light would be if the weight of the piece of equipment is quite a bit less than the total of the pucks capacity which is 20 lbs per puck. so if your piece of equipment weighs 30 lbs. you would use three pucks (60 lbs) as opposed to 4 pucks (80 lbs).
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    edited July 2019
    Puritan PSM156
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Just be careful with sorbothane on wood surfaces.... It will leave a mark

I have experience with this, it'll come off really easily with a Magic Eraser.

As for sound improvements... It doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but neither does power cables and I have heard that difference, it ain't small. I've not tried these so I can't help there. :)
  • joecoulson
    That being said, the Gaia isolation feet Marv has installed, are they on the Rosso’s? Do they improve the sound?
  • joecoulson
    edited July 2019
    Bueller??
    Post edited by joecoulson on
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I have Gaia on my focal Electra’s. It was a remarkable improvement.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• marvda1
    That being said, the Gaia isolation feet Marv has installed, are they on the Rosso’s? Do they improve the sound?
    cleans the bass up thus making the midrange clearer.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    Great to hear guys 👍🏻
    I get them tomorrow but unfortunately it will be vinyl only as the Auralic is going back.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Great to hear guys 👍🏻
    I get them tomorrow but unfortunately it will be vinyl only as the Auralic is going back.

Why is it going back?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• joecoulson
    I got the bronze like you suggested @marvda1 under the Auralic

We'll see how they do as I have been waiting on this G1 to come back to review ALL of the IsoAcoustic goodies I got over the last two weeks :p