PSW350 No Power & Blows Fuse

snafu2dj
snafu2dj Posts: 3
edited December 2009 in Troubleshooting
I have a PSW350 and it gets no power. I opened it up and voila, fuse is blown. I bought a new fuse, put it in, and the second I plugged it in to the wall (with the power switched to off) the fuse blew again. Any help, advice, or direction would be greatly appreciated. Looks like I'm not the first with this issue on a sub...
Post edited by snafu2dj on

Comments

• snafu2dj
    snafu2dj Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    Alright, upon further investigation, I have found the problem...

Here is the problem. There are 4 of these (whatever they are). There is some burning between the middle 2 toward the outside edge of the board. (I apologize for not having a better res camera btw.)
    CIMG0060.jpg

Here is the overall pic so you can see where and what I'm talking about. The problem is on the upper right hand corner of the board in this pic.
    CIMG0061.jpg

Here is a pic taken from that same corner on the back side of the same board.
    CIMG0065.jpg

Any help, direction, or advice would be greatly appreciated as well as a schematic.

Thank You...
  • john E
    john E Posts: 32
    edited December 2009
    from the picture I can't see it very well ,it looks like four resistors,first off if it is still under warranty ,I would put it back together and try to get a RMA ,I think the amp has a three year warranty.If the warranty is out then I would go to radio shack or some where where you can buy those resistor and get a soldering iron and take them all off.and see if you can clean it up,so you can solfer the new ones on.But if your PCB board is to damage and you have nothing to solder to..It looks like they were so close together it may have arc two of them and then just got to hot and shorted out.
    ONKYO TX-SR607
    PolkAudio Speakers
    Front-Monitor 70's
    Center-CS2
    Sur-round-Monitor 40's
    Sur-round Back-Monitor 60's
    Subwoofer-PSW-505
    Back fill in Bass PSW-10
    LG 50"Black 1080P Plasma HDTV (50PS60)
    LG Blu-Ray Disc BD390
  • mv3442
    mv3442 Posts: 3
    I think my 4 resistors are blown to does anybody know where I can purchase these resistors and what are they.
  • Were you able to find the right parts? I'm having the same issue with my psw350 and am wondering if you've managed to fix it? if so please describe how it was done? Thank you!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    chengg02 wrote: »
    Were you able to find the right parts? I'm having the same issue with my psw350 and am wondering if you've managed to fix it? if so please describe how it was done? Thank you!!

Time to buy a new sub.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk