I may have just dug my own grave

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    0xqv640zorlk.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Mattox86
    Mattox86 Posts: 65
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    0xqv640zorlk.png

Corgi, instantly guilty. :D
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Mattox86 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    I wonder how many of our wives are clandestinely reading this thread? Busted! :smile:

They might think, this Mattox guy is a real jackhole. :p

Another conundrum in the same thread - Agree or LOL! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Mattox86
    I wonder how many of our wives are clandestinely reading this thread? Busted! :smile:

They might think, this Mattox guy is a real jackhole. :p

Another conundrum in the same thread - Agree or LOL! :smile:

Maybe it's time they allow both, can't be that difficult. And apparently I'm a walking conundrum.
  • Mattox86
    BTW, I'm so happy I found this forum. It's nice to conversate with like minded individuals, even the female ones. Gotta cover my butt 😂
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    My wife still makes me sandwiches but the other.... :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    So I can’t just imagine the conversation you spent close to $4k on what?!? A streamer?!? Are you insane.
    I’m so grateful I don’t get the questions anymore. I just typically don’t say no too much for things she wants.
    And I typically pass the proceedings from sold gear onto her.
    Very peaceful here. Unless she reads this of course...
  • Mattox86
    Tony M wrote: »
    My wife still makes me sandwiches but the other.... :#

Dude, good enough. In some cases a sandwich might be better.
  • txcoastal1
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Mattox86
    joecoulson wrote: »
    So I can’t just imagine the conversation you spent close to $4k on what?!? A streamer?!? Are you insane.
    I’m so grateful I don’t get the questions anymore. I just typically don’t say no too much for things she wants.
    And I typically pass the proceedings from sold gear onto her.
    Very peaceful here. Unless she reads this of course...

What the hell is a steamer and why would it cost 4k? I'm hoping I can get to this point some day.
  • Mattox86
    Ah, I couldn't tell if was an embedded video from the mobile site. I got ya now txcoastal1.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    My wife doesn't understand my hobby...

And they never will. The good ones will just roll their eyes and buy another pair of shoes. You should see if you can get them to arrive with her name on the packages. That way she gets all excited!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,226
    "Anyone been through this with their wife or gf and live to tell about it?"
    Yes, every other week. I don't ask and she does not have to as me when she buys something. She trusts me. Strange, I don't even trust myself when it comes to audio equipment. I got me a GOOD ONE !
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited June 2019

You know if they read this thread you'll hear about it. It may not be tomorrow, next week or next month, but you'll hear about it at just the right time for them. We all know they don't forget.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116

This......is my favorite!
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Mattox86
    Milito wrote: »

You know if they read this thread you'll hear about it. It may not be tomorrow, next week or next month, but you'll hear about it at just the right time for them. We all know they don't forget.

That's why it's super important that doesn't happen. But you are correct, they never forget, about anything.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited June 2019
    Remember Rodney and his wife jokes?
    https://youtu.be/4HlxcVT0u4c
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Geoff4rfc

That's why it's super important that doesn't happen. But you are correct, they never forget, about anything.

Matt, all kidding aside, and I was the first one to mention "better to ask for forgiveness" :D and I'm sure you are aware of this by now, good healthy communication is best for any relationship. The fewer surprises the better (the scary kind).

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Erasing blistering response due to apology for blatant sexist BS comment. ;)

Now as for those of you who would like to give me your wives cellphone numbers and email addresses, I will be more than happy to see that they read this thread, and also point them in the direction of the picture thread. :D

Then sit back to see how well some enjoy their weekend! :p

Have a good one!
    Cathy
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Mattox86
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Erasing blistering response due to apology for blatant sexist BS comment. ;)

Now as for those of you who would like to give me your wives cellphone numbers and email addresses, I will be more than happy to see that they read this thread, and also point them in the direction of the picture thread. :D

Then sit back to see how well some enjoy their weekend! :p

Have a good one!
    Cathy

Lol, the chatter piped down real quick. I really didn't want to offend anyone, so thank you for being understanding. I'll be more mindful of my comments though. :)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Erasing blistering response due to apology...

Cathy

Dang it! Where's the fun in that?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Mattox86
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »

Matt, all kidding aside, and I was the first one to mention "better to ask for forgiveness" :D and I'm sure you are aware of this by now, good healthy communication is best for any relationship. The fewer surprises the better (the scary kind).

Speakers haven't arrived yet and my wife hasn't been informed lol. I do agree communication is always best, I have a great marriage though. I'm hoping that if she sees them in place she'll realize they don't look bad, where if I were to tell her before hand she'll assume the worst.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176

Speakers haven't arrived yet and my wife hasn't been informed lol. I do agree communication is always best, I have a great marriage though. I'm hoping that if she sees them in place she'll realize they don't look bad, where if I were to tell her before hand she'll assume the worst.

Lol! I sense an ace kicking coming soon! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Mattox86

Lol! I sense an ace kicking coming soon! :smile:

You're not joking. It will be a verbal assault of sheer disappoint. The worst kind of verbal assault in my book.
  • txcoastal1
    Well Mattox, if you start hearing a chant like this .....RUN!!!

https://youtu.be/gycpQByt5Xg

• Mattox86
    Well Mattox, if you start hearing a chant like this .....RUN!!!

https://youtu.be/gycpQByt5Xg

I can run and hide, but she will find me haha.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Pulls up chair with wine & popcorn to watch the beheading, It was nice knowing you for such a short time Mattox! :D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Geoff4rfc

Lol, okay, I see you're going to take this "surprise" all the way to the end, probably preparing a speech such as "look honey, new furniture, I thought I'd surprise you" "and it plays music", in which case, agreeing with Cathy white wolf, prepare for a beheading because "most" husbands know that the wife is in charge of the furniture.

Well, if your marriage is as good as you say, you won't lose your head but as @verb indicated, you will lose your donkey, or it will be removed and handed to you :D

Please, I'm sure I speak for the crew here, we would love to hear the final outcome of this chapter, providing you are still able to sit and type :D

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    If the representatives of the lollypop guild could just turn in your man cards now, that would be great.