Wanted: Large Bookies - Nearfield

Looking for some large monitors for my office rig.

Let me know if you have any not being used.

Looking to spend in the $400-$900 range.

Peace,
E

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Bump it to 1800 and I might have a pair of 90 pound each, 7k new bookies for you.... 😜

Even comes with an equally heavy pair of stands!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    These are interesting. A bit above your max, but that's what we do! :smile: Looks like a great deal! Anthony Gallo bookies.
    adyyxbr18el2.png
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-End-Anthony-Gallo-Reference-AV-Vertical-Side-Speaker-Pair-BNIB/143284992300?hash=item215c73792c:g:NiEAAOSw~vxc3BZr
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited June 2019
    Define large.

I have a pair of LSA-1's at the bottom end of your price range
  • kharp1
    Also a pair of JWM Alyson's for a bit more. One needs minor repair and will be taken care of by Josh under warranty. eftd8zjkm0vq.jpg
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    Are you looking for powered or passive? I have a pair of Quad 12L Actives available. As well as a pair of LSiM 703s.
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    Interested in SDAs?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    rpf65 wrote: »

Those are pretty small, but in my experience Dynaudio bookies sound WAY bigger than their size...I have never heard the powered version but would really like to!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Shameless bump, but i think these might be awesome in that setup: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2512596#Comment_2512596
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Define large.

Good one. I like the older JBL studio monitors but having a hard time finding a pair in nice condition local. Currently running Yamaha NS-344. They are about 22" x 13" x 11".

For some reason I just like huge speakers B)

• Conradicles
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    Interested in SDAs?

Good idea. I did not think about the SDA-CRS+. Wonder how they sound nearfield...
  • Conradicles
    Also a pair of JWM Alyson's for a bit more. One needs minor repair and will be taken care of by Josh under warranty. eftd8zjkm0vq.jpg

Tell me more. Those look amazing!
  • kharp1
    edited June 2019
    Purchased that set from Josh year and a half ago at LSAF. One of the surrounds came loose at the glue line, so, I just need to get it back to Austin for Josh to repair or replace. New Alyson's are about 8k. I got these for 4k. Would take $2500.

http://www.jwmacoustics.com/alysonaml
  • Conradicles
    That is a great deal kharp1. A bit out of my price range, but a great deal!
  • Conradicles
    These are really cool but too much for this rig:

pel28c7k9mbz.jpg
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    edited June 2019
    Harbeth P3ESR are so easy to listen to...
    not large tho.

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • kharp1
    I also have the Dali Zensor that sound great in near field, but, they're small. Incredible bass for a speaker that size. Below your low range price.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Some of my favorite speakers for nearfield are KEFs. I've heard the Q150s, Q350s, and my friend's old pair of C75s up close and they are all VERY coherent, probably because of the Uni-Q array.

I've also heard the Dali Zensors nearfield, and they sound great but not as nice as the KEFs up close. The Oberons are better but still, not as nice up close.

I've not heard any of the other options here though, so take my advice with a grain of salt! :)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Define large.

Good one. I like the older JBL studio monitors but having a hard time finding a pair in nice condition local. Currently running Yamaha NS-344. They are about 22" x 13" x 11".

For some reason I just like huge speakers B)

me, too...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

pel28c7k9mbz.jpg

are the stands crossover inductors?
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

pel28c7k9mbz.jpg

are the stands crossover inductors?

I was guessing Tesla Coils.

a9iqhh6fcp6p.jpg

Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Purchased that set from Josh year and a half ago at LSAF. One of the surrounds came loose at the glue line, so, I just need to get it back to Austin for Josh to repair or replace. New Alyson's are about 8k. I got these for 4k. Would take $2500.

http://www.jwmacoustics.com/alysonaml

Are these ship able? would they be fixed before shipping??

• kharp1
    I'd have to have packaging made. When I picked them up at LSAF they were bubble wrapped and I packed them in the explorer and carted them home. That's why I got a $7k pair of speakers for $4k. $2500 reflects the fact that they would have to be repaired. If someone wanted to reach out to Josh he could verify all this and his commitment to repair or replace the driver.

If I have packaging made the price will probably go to at least $3k. They have to have 4 cartons for the set. Stands are as tall, or slightly taller than the speaker. Comes with spikes on stands and speakers. Speakers fit in to saucer type cups on the stands.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited June 2019
    I think I could be called a Bookie Man!
    I have had the PSB's Image B's, Polk Lsmi 703's, Usher Mini X's and the Omega Super 7 MKII, and now the Rossio Fiesole's.

Still have the Omega full ranger bookies which have no Crossovers... very fast and I showed them off at the LSAF one year using 9wpc Dared monblocks and a Dared preamp. that year a last night party started in my room as we pass the controller around so everyone could take turns picking the next song, the Russman took over DJ'ing the music with Ron!

would consider selling them as they now mostly collect dust! have original boxes for shipping.. maybe $600 shipped They still look in excellent condition and I could take some closer pictures to show off.

Honestly I wouldn't be hurt if you turned down this offer B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • kharp1
    I might be interested if OP isn't.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited June 2019
    I'd have to have packaging made. When I picked them up at LSAF they were bubble wrapped and I packed them in the explorer and carted them home. That's why I got a $7k pair of speakers for $4k. $2500 reflects the fact that they would have to be repaired. If someone wanted to reach out to Josh he could verify all this and his commitment to repair or replace the driver.

If I have packaging made the price will probably go to at least $3k. They have to have 4 cartons for the set. Stands are as tall, or slightly taller than the speaker. Comes with spikes on stands and speakers. Speakers fit in to saucer type cups on the stands.

I expected shipping would be more, and not cheap, was just wondering if you would be willing to ship, I will reach out to Josh on fixing the bad driver, I met Josh at RMAF a couple years ago or so, super nice guy, and these speakers sounded amazing to my ears, they are also stunning to look at as well, I do wish they were the purple heart wood...

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    You guys would do good to grab those JWM's from Kerry. I can attest to the sound of Josh's speakers, plus he's a cool cat to deal with or just chat with. If I was in a better position right now, I'd be swingin' a deal with Kerry for those.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    voltz wrote: »
    I think I could be called a Bookie Man!
    I have had the PSB's Image B's, Polk Lsmi 703's, Usher Mini X's and the Omega Super 7 MKII, and now the Rossio Fiesole's.

Still have the Omega full ranger bookies which have no Crossovers... very fast and I showed them off at the LSAF one year using 9wpc Dared monblocks and a Dared preamp. that year a last night party started in my room as we pass the controller around so everyone could take turns picking the next song, the Russman took over DJ'ing the music with Ron!

would consider selling them as they now mostly collect dust! have original boxes for shipping.. maybe $600 shipped They still look in excellent condition and I could take some closer pictures to show off.

Honestly I wouldn't be hurt if you turned down this offer B)

Do these have the upgraded magnet ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's