An engineer and paramedic take to the road to pick up some speakers.

SCompRacer
SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
Sounds like the start of a joke….. The punchline would be Ed got his speakers and Ivan got his Yuengling.

No joke. Ed (ESavinon) the SRT king drove from NY to PA and picked up Carl (schwarcw) on the way to my place in IL. Earlier this year, I had picked up and stored a pair of beautiful modded 1C’s Ed purchased from Faustin. I repeat, beautiful. Like new. Drop dead, in awe, have to touch them gorgeous. Sound as good as they look.

Ivan (pittdog2) and I have been trying to get together and finally did. Aaron (ALL212) dropped by to make it an even four guests.

Good times…..I don't have many pics as I was busy hosting. There was digital, my newest cookie sheet DAC and vinyl. Carl schooled me on Roon. Went to places in the menu I've never been.

1sd7pm7dugq4.jpg

Jasper sat in on the listening.

x2s32hg5voec.jpg

Can't take the Texas out of the cat. Loves to toast himself on the Krell. And it gets hot. 'If that wire twitches one more time, it's dead...'

lnvzdq8t1wdz.jpg
Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
Post edited by SCompRacer on

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    That is so cool! I'm sure you guys had a great time! That's what CP is all about - camaraderie and community! Well done sir! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Good times for sure!
    And Jasper is one cool cat
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Good times for sure!
    And Jasper is one cool cat

I think he’d take offense at being called a cat...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    verb wrote: »
    That is so cool! I'm sure you guys had a great time! That's what CP is all about - camaraderie and community! Well done sir! :smile:

"Cool"??
    I would HARDLY call a large and VERY HEAVY 250 WPC class A Krell amp "Cool" :p;):D
    I always wanted to hear what some Polk SDA's sound like with a Krell. Especially the KSA-250.
    That was the first amp which allowed me to hear recorded soundstage height back when they were all saying you couldn't reproduce such a thing!
    It was driving a pair of B & W 801 Matrix Series III's.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Now that's what I call one awesome road trip!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Yeah
    What she👆🏽said
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Sounds like a good time! That acoustic panel does freak me out a little, though, but I like it. Seems like a good time was had by all, cat included. :)
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    A really nice thread and pics. I particular like Jasper. I'm sure the mold was broken after he was born. Jasper is in charge based upon his large picture on the wall. Thanks for sharing all the good times.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Awesome road trip! Glad ya’ll could meet up B)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    What a great time! Ed and I lived like kings. I want to thank Rich and Dana for their hospitality during our two day visit. They are first class people and good friends of both me and Ed. I apologize for eating everything that we found. The ambulance ride in the Equinox to rescue the SDAs was successful. Ed is an excellent driver and EMT. I choked on a little piece of Lifesaver gummi circles that went down the wrong pipe. Ed told me to be careful eating those gummis. He said if I needed mouth to mouth resuscitation, I was going to die because he wasn’t going to do it.
    Rich, Ed and I have had several good adventures, two Polkfests, audio shows and car wrecks. We became Forum buddies 13 or so years ago. It’s always great to see these guys as they are great friends. Here is a picture of the three of us at Richee’s listening to Ed’s new SDAs.

xoe9an1hlce9.jpg

Ivan and Aaron came in Saturday afternoon. I met Ivan at RMAF several years ago in Skip’s room. We had dinner and a great time out in the Rockies and it was good to see him again. Enjoy the beer my friend! I met Aaron at Rich’s place after an Axpona event in Chicago some time ago. I like Aaron’s sense of humor! We had more than a few laughs, most at Richee’s expense. Here is a picture of the whole gang minus me.

irt3qkfmeuzb.jpeg

Rich’s system sounded fantastic as always! His 9028 DAC build was still on the bread board but it sounded smooth and dynamic. That big Krell amp would make a pair of swimming pool speakers sound good. But with quality speakers like the Salks the sound quality is music to my ears. Here are a few system pics:

l0sj5maipel0.jpeg

u2xp528ychys.jpeg

wr9w1wdnykq0.jpeg

Carl

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Thanks for the great time guys! I look forward to seeing you again!
    Carl

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited June 2019
    It was great meeting Ed, the stories of his trips acquiring SRT's was amazing and to listen to all the gear he has aquired over the years. The camaraderie between you 4 was something I was glad to witness and be a part of.

Thank you all for the great fun and great sounds we listened to all day. It was truly a great time
    Thanks for the great food Rich, you're a master of that grill.
    Thank you Carl and Ed for bootlegging the Yeungling.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Bunch of hooligans.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited June 2019
    I had a blast with Carl, Rich, Aaron and Ivan.
    We spent saturday listening to Richie's music server and vynil, sharing our knowledge and experience of all things audio,
    And basking in the camaraderie of four complete but very different audio lunatics.

I would like to Thank Richie, Dana, Carl and Maureen for your hospitality, friendhip, and care.

It was a pleasure to meet Aaron and Ivan. Two very colorful personalities those wit
    and humor made our gathering more memorable.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    this is one of those classic threads... you old farts all having a blast! a Blast from the PAST! almost... Arron is a little young but still one of my favorites, but you all have been around the forum for so many years B)

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD