Subs are here!

Comments

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    kharp1 wrote: »
    She's such a cutie, Joey.

Enjoy it now, she'll grow up... Congrats on the subs!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    smglbrth wrote: »
    She's such a cutie, Joey.

Enjoy it now, she'll grow up... Congrats on the subs!

I am trying my best to enjoy every bit of it.

She asks me to play with her mario brothers plushies every night... I try to partake in teh fun whenever I can!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited June 2019
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    .... Another option a little bit cheaper but IMHO more effective than the CR-1 is the miniDSP DDRC-88A which come with Dirac Live room correction system and can handle up to 8 channels.

Dirac Live room correction I want to try myself. I would love to try the the SHD Series Volumio music player/ streamer / Dirac Live Room correction in a 2 channel system and the ARCAM AVR850 or NAD T 758 V3 w/ built in Dirac Live for the HT room.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/streaming-hd-series/shd-series
    https://www.arcam.co.uk/products,FMJ,AV-Receiver,avr850.htm
    https://nadelectronics.com/product/t-758-v3-av-surround-sound-receiver/
    https://nadelectronics.com/product/t-777-v3-av-surround-sound-receiver/

Maybe in time....right now this old Anthem MRX300 has made my HT system come alive...even more so than the big bad Onkyo units I had.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Joey_V
    Here is one of the responses...was was looking at doing the same as you with the CR-1 or the Pass crossover

Ron,

I would hold on the CR-1 until you try the subwoofers with the onboard controls. The C4s play down to 30Hz but I would crossover around 50Hz to take some stress out of the speakers. In that case you can send full range signal to the speakers and full range signal to the subwoofers and set the low pass filter on the subwoofer at 50Hz/24 and the crossover on the subwoofer at 50Hz as well in order to get 50Hz with 24dB/octave slope. Then set proper delay/phase on the subwoofers. If you like the results, which I know you are gonna love it, you can save $3000 on the CR-1. Another option a little bit cheaper but IMHO more effective than the CR-1 is the miniDSP DDRC-88A which come with Dirac Live room correction system and can handle up to 8 channels. In your case you can have the two C4s + the pair of subwoofers and set delay/phase, levels and EQ for each one independently. The miniDSP DDCR-88A is $1000.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series/ddrc-88a

I read a good portion of the manual on the DDRC88a.

I am interested, will look into integrating this in the future.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Still waiting for pics.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Willow wrote: »
    Still waiting for pics.

Yes! And none of your new shorts, your hairless arms, your watches or your potential car...

But but but new shorts would be an improvement ...just sayin’

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Still waiting for pics.

Yes! And none of your new shorts, your hairless arms, your watches or your potential car...

But but but new shorts would be an improvement ...just sayin’

Depends... Wait, what?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Ken just because you’re sporting the depends doesn’t mean everyone else has too
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Joey_V
    Still waiting for pics.

Is this one of those where no pics and it didn’t happen?
    Still waiting for pics.

Jerk
  • Joey_V
    That could be a possibility
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
  • Joey_V
    2wm70ojib9cx.jpeg

I have stacked the boxes...
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Damn, getting closer.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Joey_V wrote: »
    2wm70ojib9cx.jpeg

Such a cocktease!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • kharp1
    edited June 2019
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    2wm70ojib9cx.jpeg

Such a cocktease!!!

He's being a Richard
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    It’s like that warehouse at the end of Raiders of the lost ark...wtf Joey.
  • Joey_V
    edited June 2019
    joecoulson wrote: »
    It’s like that warehouse at the end of Raiders of the lost ark...wtf Joey.

Fathoms above Focal Kanta boxes above Sonus Fabre Olympics boxes

Boulder crate to the right.

Crate to the left is Emma’s art piece.

• Joey_V
    Finally got a pic!
    ad40bnh9owpo.jpeg
    yjxg9lu15abi.jpeg
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
  • Joey_V
    Still working on finishing up the system... then I can post pics of the whole thing.

I feel ashamed as it is...
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Still working on finishing up the system... then I can post pics of the whole thing.

I feel ashamed as it is...

That means we can finally see the speakers in your main system! Unless I missed it somewhere... so far it’s been a mystery.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• kharp1
    Those surrounds are drool worthy!
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Pretty sweet subs! Congrats
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Such a lil' cutey...and the subs are lil' cuties as well given their ability to hit a maximum of 121 dB at 25 Hz @ 1 foot. They are heavy but not overly large in size.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Finally got a pic!
    ad40bnh9owpo.jpeg
    yjxg9lu15abi.jpeg

Looks like you got them a security guard too!
  • Joey_V
    WLDock wrote: »
    Such a lil' cutey...and the subs are lil' cuties as well given their ability to hit a maximum of 121 dB at 25 Hz @ 1 foot. They are heavy but not overly large in size.

150 lb each... 300 lbs of sub-goodness.

Gothams would've been nicer but it was too much of a herculean effort...

:(