Prayers requested....

Options

Comments

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    Very sorry to hear, prayers sent. Wishing her a full and speedy recovery.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Updates? I know you have more on your mind, and continued prayers for His blessings to be upon your mom now and always.

The update is WOW!!!! I just got back from seeing mom this morning and when I got there she was taking her first steps in a walker and sitting up in a chair eating jello. She is still very slowly losing blood so they gave her another unit. But the bleed seems to be slowing exponentially which is best case scenario. To have to go in for another surgery would be too traumatic and they don’t think it is necessary at all.

They’ll probably be keeping her in icu today and transferring her tomorrow to the regular floor which is one step closer to getting out.

All in all I can’t help but think this is a real life miracle. I thanks everyone from the bottom of my heart for their thoughts and prayers. She has some obstacles still to clear obviously but compared to where she was 48 hours ago the turnaround has been nothing short of remarkable.

Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,174
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Just saw this thread...I am glad to hear the recent good news, Shawn, and hope things continue to get better for your mother. I will keep her in my prayers. Best of luck!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    I also just saw this, and will continue the positive prayers for her recovery.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Prayers and love sent for Mom. God bless.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Shawn but it’s good to hear about the recent uptick in her health. There’s nothing on earth that I love more than my mom. May you have many more good years to spend with yours.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Awesome news.... The prayers and the caregivers are doing a good job... Let's keep it up
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    Very good news Shawn.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    She MUST be a real fighter! ;)

Glad to hear she improved. :)

But why can't those people find where she's bleeding from! Crazy.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    One day at a time, I hope she continues to improve.

Advocate assertively for her, get those doctors to answer your questions, and don't accept an "I don't know". Remember, they work for you - make them earn their salaries.
  • shawn474
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    She MUST be a real fighter! ;)

Glad to hear she improved. :)

But why can't those people find where she's bleeding from! Crazy.

Yes, that’s been a hot button topic as you can imagine. It’s an interesting scenario actually and I learned A LOT!!! I work in the sports medicine field and consult with many surgeons and specialties and my older brother is a pediatrician. So coming at it from varying perspectives revealed more questions than answers a lot of times. The staff here is AMAZING. They even let my brother (who has privileges here) and I stay for rounds each day so these situations were discussed with no less than 20 people with varying expertise. Here is the answer to that question specifically;
    * Initially, when she crashed and coded, they rushed her to OR and pulled 4 liters of blood from her abdomen. They had the general surgeon who performed the initial operation and he called in another vascular surgeon (I think) to look at it with him. He saw some “oozing” from the gall bladder but nothing that was actively worrisome.
    * She was hooked up to eleven drops yesterday.....each time they messed with something they would have to calculate or try to oredict what it would do to influence BP, breathing, pain, sedation, etc. It was literally like watching an episode of House when he is trying to figure out the right diagnosis.
    * That was her second surgery, losing 4 liters of blood and being under anesthesia for close to 5 hours and a 12 hour time frame. Not to mention the risk of infection and the new would from the base of sternum to below her belly button. The risk of infection just went up.
    * While monitoring her BP and labs, it was apparent that she was either “equilibrating” very slowly due to the massive hemorrhage or she had a bleed that was slowing down....
    * Her levels fluctuated, sometimes to worrisome levels, but patience and more blood rebounded her stats.
    * When she would destabilize, the discussion was always “should we risk another surgery?” The belly looked good after suctioning the 4 liters out and had two surgeons eyes on it with no active bleeding that they could see. So while still losing vitals each time she received blood she rebounded. They had a threshold at which they would go open her up and see if she reached a certain point but thankfully that never happened.
    * The decisions made were to let her body try to clot wherever it was leaking and that happened in our favor.

It really was like a chess game - if we do this, this will happen. So how do we get this result and not compromise other systems, organs or functions. The intensivist is probably was one of the most brilliant people o have ever met. The pulmonary surgeon was a genius. We were so lucky that this happened on their shifts.

I know I am probably not explaining it well enough but the verbal dialogue between the doctors was like a high level chess match......and we could tell in those conversations that they had my moms best interest at heart. It was an emotionally harrowing roller coaster of emotions but it turned out to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life. My mom is the strongest lady I know......and hates the protein laced jello they are forcing her to eat!!!!
    Shawn
  • Tony M
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Wow, great explanation as to what went down and how they let her body try to clot the bleeding.

I have known of a friend of my brother's who had hernia surgery. He developed staff infection and passed within a few months. He was a large guy so the infection probably got too large to save him. SAD!

I have also heard that every opening of a persons' body for surgery is an opening for staff infection. So for them to weigh all options for your mom and to NOT open her up anymore was GREAT to hear you tell us that. Great chess players like myself in a way. B)

It now sounds like you were blessed to have VERY SMART and CARING PROFFESIONAL DOCTORS involved with your mother's care! Fantastic! ;)

I hope she recovers completely now. ;)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Continued prayers for the healing power of our Almighty Creator to heal her to a full and complete recovery... and for you and your family.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,787
    Options
    I'm just seeing this as well. My prayers offered up still.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Thank you for the update.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    So cool! The advancements in medicine are just phenomenal. Your mom sounds like a tough lady. Prayers forr a full recovery.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Praying for your mom and family.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Continued prayers for the healing power of our Almighty Creator to heal her to a full and complete recovery... and for you and your family.

Yeah! Jesus name amen!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Just seeing this as well Shawn. So sorry for the rough road, but awesome to hear that things are making a turn for the better! Continued prayers sent, my friend!
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    Great news. The Miracle Healing is greater than modern medicine.
    [
  • shawn474
    Options
    Just a small update - mom got her catheter removed today and has had no problems at all. She has A LOT of fluid retained due to all of the iv’s and transfusions, etc. She has had difficulty catching her breath so she was on supplemental Oxygen. They removed that today and she has done very well without it. PT and OT visits today went very well. She still has the abdominal drain, but will hopefully get removed tomorrow. Plans are that she is likely to be discharged tomorrow!!!! I can’t really comprehend being on your death bed 3 days ago and being discharged tomorrow.......but I am not complaining. I don’t understand it but am very thankful and grateful. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers
    Shawn
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Prayers sent, glad to hear she is soon heading home, God Bless her.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,063
    Options
    Late to the thread, but so glad to hear about your mom's remarkable recovery. You initially asked for prayers and I'd say they were answered in a positive manner. I'd like to say more, but with religious talk prohibited I'll refrain. Bottom line: Very happy that you are left to try and understand the unexplainable. Awesome!!!
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Prayers for mom Shawn, and you too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Wonderful news. Spend some quality time with her as you can.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Great to hear Shawn! Thanks be to God.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited June 2019
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »
    My mom is HOME resting! I drove over to spend some time with her while my dad went to get supplies and her prescriptions filled. She is exhausted but has no ill effects except scars from her ordeal. It’s been such a roller coaster and she still has a long way to go, but again THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for their thoughts and prayers. It has been amazing to see what the spirit of the human body can do......with a little help

Make a list of all the things you have fond memories of when you were a wee lad and repeat as many as is practical. Help her to cook, and write down the recipes, go places that would seem silly today if you liked them as a child. Get her a book that she can write about her life in. As you well know, tomorrow is guaranteed to no one. Get her talking about your childhood... After the events of the past week or so, she will appreciate it more than you know., and it will give you an opportunity to let her know she is deeply loved.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    edited June 2019
    Options
    She might not want to remember those days if he was a rotten kid. :D
    It might raise her BP.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Great news Shawn! Prayers do help.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.