scanspeak beryllium have landed

2»

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That’s killer. They look the part that’s for sure.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    So far, they have handled everything I have thrown at them. I think they image better then the SDA's did in that same spot. One of the kids came in and was sitting in the sweet spot and asked why I had the sound bar on. I told them its not even hooked up to the stereo and then they asked how is all of the vocals coming from the middle like that? One of them now finally gets imaging !!!!

Same kid also said the other speakers seem to vibrate the house more but when she sits where I sit, these have just as much bass and sound better. I told her that's the difference between a well built cabinet and overloading the room. It was very cool she took an interest in the new speakers.

The top end is very detailed but never gets fatiguing after a couple of hours having them pumped up. Very smooth and sweet sounding. Vocals are so silky smooth and very tight fast bass. Outside of the "zone" though the bass drops off quick. Not sure if that is by design of the cabinet or because I can't spread them out enough to pressurize the room fully but, where I sit, they have plenty

I can see some advantage on having one of the mids and woofer above your head or at least in the 2 rooms I have heard them. The sellers room was very lively and the sound seem to come from everywhere but still kept the center focal point and never out of control. Bass was very even in his room. He had them about 9 feet apart, 2.5 from side walls and sat 8-9 feet back. BTW when I say lively, wen you speak you can hear it echo type lively. Hardwood and ceramic floor with cathedral celling.
    My room is way more dead with very thick carpet/padding, overstuffed furniture and doesn't have as much the rear effect his had but still extends way beyond the speaker. I have them 6.5 feet apart and I sit about 10.5-11 feet back with 0 side walls.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Sounds like they are ticking all the boxes for you so far! Happy to hear it.

Congrats on your giant new speakers!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Intimidating size for the room. Just goes to show ya :o . . .

Nice pick-up, Brian! B)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • erniejade
    Thanks all for the compliments!.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    See how they sound with "D Kay & Kasra - Spider", the track that I played in the KLH room at Axpona! :)
  • erniejade
    Cool I will do that this week. I did hit them with yoshi bubbles. Things sound like they are dropping everywhere.