Avengers - Endgame (no spoilers)

Options
Jimbo18
Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
3 full hours long and well worth it. Lots of fun, a few surprises and a fitting end to the buildup from the previous few movies. If you like this kind of superhero action movie, you will love this one.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I saw it last night. What a great film. I also watched it in Imax which was really awesome. The Video and sound was the best I've seen in a commercial theater.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    I watched it today in a normal AMC. Great movie but my sound system is better.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Loved the movie. For once, the sound system in the theater wasn't cranked up insanely loud.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited May 2019
    Options
    You guys should have seen it in Imax, it was simply awesome!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    I just might have to go see this again before it leaves theaters. Something like this has never been done before. 22 (I think) films, 11 years, leading up to this one finale. I might not live long enough for them to do something like this again.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    I just might have to go see this again before it leaves theaters. Something like this has never been done before. 22 (I think) films, 11 years, leading up to this one finale. I might not live long enough for them to do something like this again.

They'll reboot it in 5 years ;)

Just saw it last night... Cried no less than 3 times... Hell of a way to wrap it up.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Oh man, so I can't believe that.....................................................and then they...................................................that was nuts!
    in the end they...........................and I guess that's they way it is.
    Great flic
  • joecoulson
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    Loved the movie. For once, the sound system in the theater wasn't cranked up insanely loud.

Quite the opposite, painfully loud and obviously clipping. Not very nice in that regard.
  • mrloren
    Options
    This has a Aug release date for Blu-Ray...... Oh yeah it will be a must buy
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    halo wrote: »

Quite the opposite, painfully loud and obviously clipping. Not very nice in that regard.
    I saw Skyscraper at the same IMAX theater as Endgame. The dynamics were not even close as Engame had the floor and seats shaking. As Mantis stated, the sound was about the best that I can remember. Still, the large, massive overhanging left rear surround cabinets broke up, distorted during both movies. They really need to repair/replace that cabinet.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Recommend watching antman and the wasp if you haven't seen it, before endgame.
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    I recommend the the same with Capt Marvel.
  • mrloren
    Options
    Took the wife to see it this evening. She liked it, after the movie she said my HT is better. Seen it at Regal and AMC,
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Guess I'm in the minority here. Disappointed.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    chumlie wrote: »
    Guess I'm in the minority here. Disappointed.
    This movie was very effective at making money....and that's about it. I'll jump off my high horse now.

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,636
    Options
    I saw it today with my son. He loved it. I was surprised that despite the fact this movie has been out for a few weeks, the theater was packed.