Interconnect (RCA, unbalanced) Demo

We've Moved!! From Basic Hookup/Wiring Questions so not so very far.

@SIHAB , @mhardy6647 , @helipilotdoug , @msg

I'm willing to throw 4 to 6 pairs of RCA's in a box and provide them as demo's. At this time mostly home grown stuff although that could change easily. I think I can get these in a USPS medium box for under $15 that I'm thinking the recipient will pay. Argue with me - I'm flexible.

Things have changed in the last 48 hours - don't leave unused sets of speaker cables laying around my house with a hot soldering iron wondering what to do.

I think a vote on 4 pair (unless someone really wants to go to 6 pair but think of the time it might take to do a real trial) should be done by those interested and this is not restricted to those persons listed above.

I can provide:
3' Wireworld Oasis 7's
5' Mogami 2791 with Cardas GRMO
6' Cardas 1x21 (coax I believe) with Cardas GRCM
6' Cardas 2x21 with Cardas GRCM
2' (might not be worth it - pretty short) Mogami 2534 with Cardas GRMO

Part of this is a community feedback on the impact these had on your system. Some short write up on where you placed them and your "chain" so everyone has a feel for how you ran them. @msg and I have discussed very briefly an on-line evaluation form. Not a lot of progress there but also not a lot of interest here so far.

Additions to the above list are more than welcome. If you have something laying around or are using and want opinions on them please add.

Your mission:
Chime in with any cables you'd like to add.
Vote on what you'd like to demo.
Be prepared to spend $15 or so to get them (shipping cost only).
Be prepared to use them and move them along.
Evaluate them here.

We can establish a pecking order as we go.
Aaron
Enabler Extraordinaire

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited February 2019
    I may be interested in lending either my 1.5 ft or 6 ft Audio Quest Diamondbacks to the cause. We would eventually get them back right?

I also have a pair of Emotiva RCAs. But they are only 18 inch or so.

I have a 6ft pair of Monster THX rcas also. I think they were a bit of $130 when I got them.

• ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    We'd better get these back!! I'd like to take a run on the Audio Quests's and probably better put in the 6' 'ers. I've got some Monsters but we're trying to limit this to no more than 6 sets. If you're interested I'll get you in the PM group. Douglas is donating a set to this also and I should be ready to ship the kit to the first victim....person.

Let me know...
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Ok, I can do the 6 ft Diamond Backs.

Let me know in a PM where to ship them to you at.

Is there any criteria that someone must meet before they are shipped a $1,000 in cables?
  • ALL212
    CH46E got the final slot for this. Once the demo progression has completed someone will post final results here or there will be a new thread specific to that round.

If anyone else is interested let me know, we could slide you in or begin line up of a new group. But we are complete on the cables to test with on this round.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,925
    cookin' with gas is this demo. :)
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Not sure if others have posted any observations yet nor if this is the correct thread, but here goes an initial stab:

Played with the cables yesterday until the thunderstorms hit. First we swapped out cables from the turntable to the preamp mainly focusing on the latest record from Over the Rhine: Love & Revelation. My daily cables here are the Zu Gede. Didn't notice anything that stood out until we swapped in the Wireworld set. Seemed to be a bit clearer and the bass wasn't as deep...perhaps a bit "smoother"? Not saying bass wasn't there but the Zu cables here seem to accentuate the bass although we both felt vocals and top end seemed to have slightly better definition with the WWs. Haven't tried all the sets yet and will spin some cds tonight.

Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    I think the plan was to keep this blind and hold observations until everyone demo'd.
    Quick! There's still time to edit/delete!
    I disabled signatures.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    3ngj3cgjxl67.png

Poor old Scmidt!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Ummm.....Sergeant Schultz
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Ooops, Tut mir Leid 'bout that! Plenty more comparisons to make though, so the cat's not completely out of the bag.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • ALL212
    The story of Sgt. Schultz

https://hh.fandom.com/wiki/Hans_Schultz
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • mhardy6647
    ALL212 wrote: »

That is just too bizarre...

although it does capture one of my favorite Schultzie quotes:
    Flat as a pancake!

• mhardy6647
    on topic ;)

I have some opinions on the cables -- I am bracing at the bit, eager to share some of them B)