SDA and room correction...?

ddog
ddog Posts: 230
To all you guess that have SDA's and room (DSP) correction.

Are you running your room correction with or without the SDA side hooked up?

Comments

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Run the room correction without the speaker interconnect cable attached.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I would think you would want to run it with the IC cables hooked up. Otherwise you are loosing the additional bass and mid outputs of the SDA side and would get an inaccurate reading.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I would think you would want to run it with the IC cables hooked up. Otherwise you are loosing the additional bass and mid outputs of the SDA side and would get an inaccurate reading.

Sometimes the phasing plays havoc with some room correction software. Regardless you may still have to adjust some after software is ran.
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 230
    Ok...I ran it with it hooked up and made a profile like that. Sounds really good!

I'll run it again with it unhooked and see how it looks and sounds. I'll make another profile so I can compare on the fly.

I was just wondering what you guys were doing.

Thanks
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    I've never been able to get a satisfactory result either way for music with either of my SDA's.
    For movies it works great.
    For music I just put it in pure mode.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    When i was sing a Yamaha rxZ11 as a pre amp i found after room correction, it sounded more balanced with the sda cable connected,i have front and rear sda srs! Not forgetting this was for theatre mode,i would without a doubt use pure direct for stereo listening.
    The only thing that was funny about the calibration is that it sometimes said the ctr speaker was out of phase, After doing some investigation internally to the lsim706 just to confirm it was not a factory fault,i was later informed by the local hifi dealers that it was somewhat common for it to give this diagnosis and to ignore.