how old are you?

Options
2»

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    Options
    welcome to the forum shack, glad to have you with us - you made a wise choice, turning from the darkside yourself....:D
  • raycomics
    raycomics Posts: 78
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Shack -

Welcome! I totally agree with what you say bout the Stangs, but have to add that you can't beat the look of pure style that the 69 Mach 1 has. Also, the feelings you get and the admiring looks you get from the opposite sex when you drive it. (until they see that old guy driving.... believe me, I KNOW) LOL
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Welcome to the forum Shack! Glad to see another car enthusiast on here as well.
    Hope to see more posts from ya! I have the 3801 with Adcom amps running through the pre-outs, I like the 3801 very much. IMO you would be making a very good choice in the 3802, thats my 2¢.
    Chris :)
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by raycomics
    Also, the feelings you get and the admiring looks you get from the opposite sex when you drive it. (until they see that old guy driving.... believe me, I KNOW) LOL

I know that feeling. It's the "What is that old geezer doing driving that cool car?" look. What's even better are the looks I get when I've got my 17 year old daughter with me. Here I am cruising with a loud car, loud tunes and a cute young babe with me. Thats the "old guy trying to re-live his youth" look. You can see folks are either disgusted or envious...LOL.

I don't get those same looks with the Galaxie. That is more the "look at the old guy driving the old car" look since it is more of a big cruiser. I don't care. The only sound I like better than a great music system is the sound of a high compression BIG BLOCK American V8. Now that IS music. You guys may like the ricer movies like the Fast and the Furious but I would rather watch Bullitt, Vanishing Point, American Graffiti, Gumball Rally, Gone in 60 seconds (the original), Winning, Grand Prix, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, and my all-time sleeper... Hollywood Knights.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • raycomics
    raycomics Posts: 78
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Man, I had fogotten all about how cooooool Steve McQueen was! the chase scene between the Charger and the Stang is one of my all time favorites! For all the youngins in this forum, rent Bullitt , and you will see what we mean. Thanks for the memories, Shack.
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited February 2002
    Options
    www.hsv.com.au this is what we get and I drive here in Australia, and the good news is you folks will be getting it late this year in the States Regards Fabian:)
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I've heard the Holden is a really nice car. I know Ford make some high performance cars in Australia that we can't get in the States.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited February 2002
    Options
    you folks will be getting it late this year in the States

Is that a fact? I guess you could call me a Camaro enthusiast (I've got a 2000 Z28), and there's been much talk about whether or not we'd get the Holden as an F-car replacement, after the 2002 model year.

Jason
  • mhetman
    mhetman Posts: 25
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by jcaut

Is that a fact? I guess you could call me a Camaro enthusiast (I've got a 2000 Z28), and there's been much talk about whether or not we'd get the Holden as an F-car replacement, after the 2002 model year.

Jason

Gee, no other Corvette enthusiast here...Well at least the Z/28 has a great Corvette LS1 engine. Use to own a Z/28, loved that car...
  • fabian1
    edited February 2002
    Options
    The HSV SV300 has the Callaway Chev LS1 mated to the same Corvette 6 sd g/box Word has the update model to be released in sept will have the same motor bored out to 6.2 litres around 550 hp o-60 around 4.3 secs, not bad for a car that can carry 5 people in comfort with hopfully 10 good polks banging away, ahh pure bliss,,,,,,,,regards Fabian, PS HSV is the performance arm of Holden who in turn is wholly owned by GM AMERICA so dont despair if you get these machines. I have had Chevs under my bonnets for 20 yrs and love blowing those Fords away, no disrespect to the Ford owners. regards Fabian:D :D:D
  • fabian1
    edited February 2002
    Options
    There are some Corvettes at HSV at the moment re we may get lucky and get some imported to Australia, where do I sign, I rented one a couple of yrs ago in LA while on vacation, the truth is i did not want to give it up but Qantas would not assist me in stealing it:) :):) Yummy, regards Fabian
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    Options
    i love fast cars to, i got a 99 mustang gt its nices car i ever owned, its fast it handles like a 911 porche, its a old mans dream. i like the new vettes to, like to have both.but the old working man like me is getting tired, the vette is out, maybe a ceimpro 3x6 gold 6 channel amp to go with my yamaha rx-v1 (gold) receiver. i posted oneces before but here it is again im 57 thanks, joe
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited February 2002
    Options
    mhetman,
    I'll revise that: Corvette enthusiast, Camaro budget. Plus, with a four-year-old, it's hard to justify a two-seater. (Though I'd still buy one in a heartbeat if I could afford it-- The two-seater excuse just makes me feel better.) I sold my older Vette to buy the Z28 I've got now. LS1, 6-speed, not completely useless back seat, and 29 mpg on the highway.

Jason
  • jeremie
    jeremie Posts: 246
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I am 26.
    Receiver Yamaha 3070 *Emotiva xpa5 * Behringer iNuke 6000dsp *Monster Cable HTS 3500 -- line conditioner * Panamax 5300 * Apple 4K * Panasonic UB820 * JVC NX5 * Silver Ticket thin bezel 120”
    LSIM - Fronts 707 * Center 706c * Sides 702 * Rear 703 *FP RC85i * RP RC65i * Sub (2) SI HT18
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited April 2002
    Options
    i saw a card today that said
    "Don't think of it as another birthday"
    then on the inside it had a cake with a bunch of candles and a guy with sunglasses on
    "Think of it as your life getting brighter"
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • Devildog
    Devildog Posts: 68
    edited April 2002
    Options
    53 with red Corvette, bought new in 1990 (before marriage). Now wife drives it during summer (still has just<29,000 miles) (the car, not her). Can't retire yet with fifth grade daughter, so I'll just create a HT sanctuary and dream of days past (mainly single days, nice dreams). BTW, thought I was about 40 when I was 20, after 'Nam, now I'm 53 and back to 20. Germans say "Too soon alt, too late schmart".:D
    The Revolution will not be televised.
  • joe6pak
    joe6pak Posts: 267
    edited April 2002
    Options
    50, but I have not really grown up yet. I like stuff loud. My 68 big block Dodge, 81 Harley, and 454 mercruser powered boat, all LOUD! Of course that goes for music too. Some people seem to think I am a menace to society & should grow up. I say "Why?"

Damn, 50. Never thought I would make it to 50!

joe

"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."
  • whitj07
    whitj07 Posts: 10
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I have only 15 years of age...so I don't have a family, a car, or a salary.

But, I do have a DD compatible system in my bedroom and the I know all the guys in the home audio department of the local circuit city.
  • wpaules
    wpaules Posts: 101
    edited April 2002
    Options
    just like the record... 45