how old are you?

Options
mjk91383
mjk91383 Posts: 298
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
...not that it matters, it just happened to cross my mind while doing homework.

joe :D
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited January 2002
    Options
    39 Although most people do not believe me, they rekon i look 30, no bull its true, then again i still am the same skinny runt i was when i was 20 :):D
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Dude I was thinking of ths question yesterday but never got back to the forum.
    I'm almost 37 but look 30:rolleyes:
    Chris :)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2002
    Options
    31 with a full head of all grey hair, could easily pass for 40.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    Options

twice in the past 2 weeks though, i thought i was 22, i typed that for my age once, and said it once.... guess i am getting to be old balls, getting memory lapses at my age...:D
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2002
    Options
    34 year old fat desk jockey
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2002
    Options
    crossing over to 30 in april.. i will no longer be a twenty something.. most peeps guess my age around 23-25 so all is good..except that i feel like a pervert when i check out an 18-20 yr old:rolleyes:
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2002
    Options
    35 going on 21.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Mentally and physically I'm 30, but I seem to be trapped in a 50 year old body as of November. IMHO, age is a state of mind. You're as old as you feel and act, and I just don't feel, or act 50. I know alot of people my age that ACT my age. Too bad for them. They're slowing down, and never go out a hootin' and a hollerin' on the weekend any more. Teresa is 37 and we hang around alot of people in her age bracket who still enjoy getting some fun out of life. Oh yeah, I keep telling my kids I don't have any grey hair, those are silver highlights.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I keep telling my kids I don't have any grey hair, those are silver highlights.
    Just tell your kids that you started the trend, NOT Sisqo!

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Aaron, that was REAL good post. How long did you ponder that one? Jeeeeeez

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • The Darkhorse
    The Darkhorse Posts: 101
    edited January 2002
    Options
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited January 2002
    Options
    im the same way i feel & work like a 30 yr. old im 57 i feel like i can go another 57 yrs. ( the one who dies with the most toys wins) well im going to have a lot of toys. thanks, joe
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • hlalanne
    hlalanne Posts: 183
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I'm 38, going on 70. gray hair, bad back , no energy.

also it could be I'm 100 pounds over weight. one of the many side effects of living in Las Vegas.:rolleyes:
    Wooden Delight Theater

9/11
    NEVER Forget !!!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I didn't see a category for "older than dirt" :p

btw I turned 40 two weeks ago. UGH!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by GZ
    Mentally and physically I'm 30, but I seem to be trapped in a 50 year old body as of November. IMHO, age is a state of mind.
    fully agree with you on this one. i always tell peeps that i am a 12 yr old on the inside not quite a teenager yet, but still a toysRus kid(only my toy store has lots of electronics)..
    stay young on the inside live long on the outside:D
    as i posted above still 29 and counting down the dayz to 30.
    my dad turned 50 this year in jan and said he has decided he is having un-birthdays, he will take a year off every birthday so he will get younger instead of older :p
    my grandpa is still 29, sez he hasnt had a bday since;)
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited January 2002
    Options
    ...am i the only one that's under 18?!

joe :D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited January 2002
    Options
    34 going on 18!
    No excuses!
  • Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Well,,,,Looks like I'm in third place in the old **** category. A seasoned, well earned 43 here. :D

Ron
  • vrede
    vrede Posts: 5
    edited January 2002
    Options
  • Jellee
    Jellee Posts: 6
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Im 41 and as mentally alert as ever....and Im 41:rolleyes:
    Everybody believes in something, I believe I'll go fishing
  • mhetman
    mhetman Posts: 25
    edited February 2002
    Options
    56 going on 30....I have two big interests...Home Theater and Corvettes. It seems I fall within the majority in age for the Corvette but a minority among the HT enthusiasts..
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I listen to the music of a 50 yr. old, know the music of a 16 yr. old, have the face and body of a 23 yr. old, hair line of a 45 yr. old and screw like a 15 yr. old trapped in a 55 yr. old body.

I'm only about 10 yrs older than my main speakers.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • sfeldman
    sfeldman Posts: 1
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Old enough to know better, too young to care...

41 if it matters ;)
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Thanx..y'all.. IM mid 30's....and since most of ya are older than dirt...I feel a lot younger...Thanx!!!!!
  • phd500
    phd500 Posts: 75
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Hey mjk91383, your not the only one under 18 in hear. I am 17 going to be 18 in July. What do you have in your system. I have

Sony dolby digital reviever 100x5
    JBL N center center channel speaker
    4 Jbl decade series 15's ( 2 for the front and 2 for the surounds)
    PSW1200 subwoofer
    With monster cable intercanects and Harizon 12awg speaker cables.
  • raycomics
    raycomics Posts: 78
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Damn! I have a car (1978 Caddy Seville) older than a lot of you.
    I am 48, retired from AT&T, and never really grew up! (mentally, I am only 24 years old) Life is good. (listening to Smooth Jazz on my 10Bs)

"Mommy, What's a Funkcadelic?" George Clinton
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Old enough (32) that I COULD have a record by Tiffany:eek: , but I might not admit it.

Jason
  • carvinman1
    carvinman1 Posts: 62
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I am 18 with 34 years of experience!
  • billlb
    billlb Posts: 59
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I am 43 and tied for third oldests so far, gosh that dosen't sound so good. I am a builder and stay in fairly good shape by the type of work that I do. I like what others have added with their systems so I will add to that and hope others will also.

Sony 36 xbr 450 {57 xbr widescreen coming}
    Polk 10b's mains {looking for sda srs/srs1.2 for replacement}
    Polk sda crs center
    Ads sat 7's rears
    Velodyne hgs 15
    Sherbourn 5/1500 amp
    Sony tae 9000es a/v pre-amp
    Sony sacd/dvp s9000es
    Sony slv r1000 s-vhs
    Sony mds je520 MD
    Pioneer cld 3080 LD
    Pioneer Elite ct-91 Cass.

looking for others, bring it on...
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2002
    Options
    This is my first post on this forum (I've been lurking around for a little while). I'm 48 and I guess I will be one of the really old farts posting on the board...only in age and body because in my mind I'm still 18!
    Originally posted by raycomics: Damn! I have a car (1978 Caddy Seville) older than a lot of you.
    I have 3 cars older than almost all of you...a 66 Ford Galaxie and 2 69 Mustangs.

Well after 24 years of Advent, I have finally seen the light. My pair of NEW Advents circa 1977 and my early 70s pair of AR 4x are tired and its time to put them out to pasture. I've continually upgraded the other stuff but not the speakers. Well I just got the rt55is and rt15is and I am amazed at what I am hearing. I guess it is like my cars. I have a nice 69 Mustang Mach I but my 93 5.0 Mustang will blow it away in both straightline performance and handling while getting 20 MPG with the A/C and the CD player blasting. A 01 Mustang SVO Cobra will to the same to my 93. These 55s make my Advents sound like a grammaphone (for those young guys... that is a record player that is cranked by hand and sends the sound out through a megaphone.). Ain't technology GREAT!

I'm going have to spend a huge amount of time going through my entire CD collection to hear what I have been missing. The DVD and VHS collection (remember them?) will have to wait since I am adding on a room where the HT will be set up (not a dedicated HT room unfortunately). When it is finnished I will be running the 55s in front and the 15s in the rear and a cs245i center (I really would like the 400 but size is a problem). I'm still auditioning subs and would really like to hear the Hsu VTF-2 but I haven't been able to locate one to listen to. I'm upgrading my Sony receiver to the one of the new Denons (3802 - 2802 - 1802).

I'm sorry for the long post but I'm still high on this new addiction I've gotten called POLK! I tried the Paradigms, Klipschs, Def Techs and Bostons and while they were all really good speakers the Polks just sounded the best for me and there is something about this heavy wood speaker that really appeals to me. Polk may be the best speaker value around! This seems like a good place to visit from time to time with a bunch of guys who have had the good sense to come over from the Dark Side.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson