SVS Makes Cables?

2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Clipdat wrote: »
    My amplifier has two sets of binding posts for each channel. So, I'm just going to bi-wire that way, running 2 separate lengths to each speaker.

Currently, I am using these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KnuKonceptz-Krux-Interlaced-Braided-8-Gauge-Bi-Wire-Speaker-Wire-Cable-8-Pair/382747321152

Wonder who makes those? Clearly they seem to be a kimber like knock off. Not thrashing them just curious is all.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wonder who makes those? Clearly they seem to be a kimber like knock off. Not thrashing them just curious is all.

KnuKonceptz is the brand name. Not sure where they source it from if that's what you mean.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/krux-speaker-wire/sp/krux-kable-interlaced-braid-3d-copper-8-gauge-speaker-wire/
  • pitdogg2
    edited March 2019

KnuKonceptz is the brand name. Not sure where they source it from if that's what you mean.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/krux-speaker-wire/sp/krux-kable-interlaced-braid-3d-copper-8-gauge-speaker-wire/

Yes I'm familiar with them. I've never their braided cables. I've only seen their monster like stranded cables.

Big in the car audio in the past
  • pitdogg2

Yes I'm familiar with them. I've never seen their braided cables. I've only seen their monster like stranded cables.

Big in the car audio in the past

Fixed it.

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Can’t believe they allow asshat but not ****
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    57 bucks Canadian for a 12 foot pair might be worth a try.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Looks like they were cryo'd and not defrosted prior to packaging. Pretty sure that's what it was.

I'm a bit intrigued after getting a close up of those bananas. Connectors and the cloth jacket, I like. Basic quality indicators, for me, fit/finish sort of thing. Curious to hear how they sound.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    They appear to be the MIT Iconn threaded type, meaning that you can unscrew them at will and replace with spades should you please.

For the record and so Jesse doesn't get riled up, I'm not implying that they are made out of the same materials as the MIT hardware, just that they screw on and off like that.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    OMG dude! Sorry to see that.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    I have to say Everyone at SVS is committed to the customer. Ed has even called me on his day off to check on a problem I had. Amazing people and products for sure.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Ed sent me an Excel spreadsheet to measure in room performance using a sound meter and check levels, staying on the phone with me while I measured to make sure all was right with the SB 16
    Fantastic unforgettable service
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    I believe Ed, is Dr spec no?

He was actually a subwoofer geek, svs advocate and svs back in the made in USA days scored him for customer service.

I think people like him, @KennethSwauger and chet from definitive are hard to find.

Michel from focal is also first class!

Look like solid cables
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    edited April 2019
    I got the replacement cable on Monday and hooked them all up today. No moisture/condensation this time around!

It was kinda interesting when inserting them into the banana plugs, as the spring/flare made it hard to initially insert them, and so as a result I had to push harder, and then suddenly the tension was relieved, and they snapped into place with a noise. Not that most graceful thing.
  • Clipdat
    Anyway, only listened for a few hours. First impression, definitely sounds like a different presentation vs the last cables I had hooked up (KnuKonceptz Krux, linked above).

It's not exactly a "love at first listen" situation, but I will give them some time to settle in and then re-evaluate.

Flying out to go to Axpona tomorrow though so it might not be until I get back.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    HAVE FUN! B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Getting close to having a review of the SVS speaker cables ready to post.
  • Clipdat
    My listening tests and note taking have been completed.

Next thing I'll do is swap back to the Knu Konceptz cables to hopefully confirm and validate my findings, and then write up my review.