SVS Makes Cables?

msg
msg Posts: 9,308
Just saw this in an email from SVS. I didn't know they have a cable line. No sense of the quality, but they've written something for the discussion on cables.

[ Ha. I'm reminded now of a brand on Amazon now, just getting the message in their marketing/branding - Cable Matters ]

Haven't read this yet, but plan to...
https://www.svsound.com/blogs/svs/81833862-why-high-quality-speaker-and-interconnect-cables-matter
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    I have subwoofer cables from them and they are pretty good. Build quality is really nice as well.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited March 2019
    I just emailed them asking if they offer bi-wire cables.

They already replied:

"Asshat;

Thanks for your inquiry about selling bi wire speaker cables.

I am sorry to say that we do not sell those."
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Do they make jumpers?
    I disabled signatures.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    I've been using their interconnects and speaker cables for several months now. Build quality is excellent! And they sound great with both of my 2 channel systems and my ears! I'm not hearing any reason to upgrade further.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    They are lumping speaker cable and interconnect cable together, which is a mistake and doesn't reflect well on their knowledge. Speaker cables require no shielding. My advice, buy audio cables from companies that specialize in them.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    F1nut wrote: »
    They are lumping speaker cable and interconnect cable together, which is a mistake and doesn't reflect well on their knowledge. Speaker cables require no shielding. My advice, buy audio cables from companies that specialize in them.

It's just the general landing page that talks about speaker cables and ICs together in general terms.

The specs for the speaker cables are listed here separately:

https://www.svsound.com/products/soundpath-ultra-speaker-cable#tab-3

SoundPath Ultra Speaker Cable Specs:

12 AWG stranded speaker wire – Each SoundPath Ultra Cable is made with two braided Dual Balanced conductors, with a total of 82 strands of 99.99% pure stranded copper across both conductors.

Precision machined and anodized aircraft grade aluminum body - stylish and durable with a great feel and easy handling.

PVC dielectric joint - Flexible and durable break-out for Positive and Negative terminals.

Rated Bandwidth = DC-5.0 MHz (3M cable) with ≤1.1 Voltage Standing Wave Radio (VSWR) and ≥26dB Return Loss.

Conductor DCR = 8 mΩ/meter
    Nominal Impedance = 90Ω - Cable and connectors are impedance-matched to minimize VSWR and Return Loss
    Nominal Capacitance = 68pF/meter @ 1kHz
    Nominal Cable Diameter: 9mm

• Clipdat
    In lieu of bi-wire cables, I asked if they made jumpers:

"Asshat;

I would use a very short speaker wire and jump the terminals with that.

Sorry, we do not carry jumpers, they are provided to our speakers in the factory in Asia."
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Clipdat wrote: »
    In lieu of bi-wire cables, I asked if they made jumpers:

"Asshat;

I would use a very short speaker wire and jump the terminals with that.

Sorry, we do not carry jumpers, they are provided to our speakers in the factory in Asia."

You have way nicer gear than I do. I am going to start calling you A$$Hat.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Love the pair of PC2000 Subs bumping our living room (wish we used that rig more) and anxious to get their Ultra Surrounds. As for cables..what Jesse said.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    F1nut wrote: »

They are prolly just having them OEM'd and putting their label on them...They shouldn't get distracted from their prime objective and start making soundbars and ****.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • F1nut
    Guarantee they are having them made by some other company.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Hey asshat! I’m gonna diccue with some fakeass cables!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Clipdat wrote: »
    For the record, SVS didn't actually refer to me as "Asshat", I was just using my new unofficial forum nickname in lieu of my real name.

I wouldn't put much stock in the name given to you by someone in a thread that went way off the rails. Besides, didn't that person call all of us assclowns? :p
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited March 2019
    halo wrote: »
    Besides, didn't that person call all of us assclowns? :p

No I was a "Tool" not sure what tool I was, soo go gentle on me please :)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    I like how asshat isn't blocked on vanilla
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    dilly dilly!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Here they are....Diccue cables...

j25x0pdd68f8.png

We don't just over charge you for cheap cables... We DICCUE !!!!

Do ya think they have any relation to Kinki Studio? :#
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Clipdat
    Unprompted, another person from SVS emailed me:

"Thanks for the note!

If your amplifier binding posts can accept a banana and spade at the same time (and most of them easily can) - that is usually the best way to bi-wire with two sets of speaker cable (as opposed to using a dedicated bi-wire cable).

At the loudspeaker side, use four bananas with the jumper straps removed.

So you would need:

Cable #1: banana x 2 / banana x 2
    Cable #2: banana x 2 / spade x 2

I hope this helps and we’re looking forward to your reply.

Best regards"
  • F1nut
    edited March 2019
    Oh my......shotgun style bi-wire cables have two separate runs inside the outer jacket. The amp end connects to one set of binding posts verses running two sets of cables, one to the A binding posts and one to the B. The difference you ask? You're buying one set of cables verses two sets. That's it.

President of Club Polk

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Don't think svs makes them that way so the suggestion of using two runs.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Here they are....Diccue cables...

j25x0pdd68f8.png

We don't just over charge you for cheap cables... We DICCUE !!!!
    I would like to work there.

• Clipdat
    SVS speaker cables have arrived.

us5ha8iv76m7.jpg
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    Looking forward to read what you think of them. I have been using them and am very impressed.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Clipdat
    edited March 2019
    My amplifier has two sets of binding posts for each channel. So, I'm just going to bi-wire that way, running 2 separate lengths to each speaker.

Currently, I am using these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KnuKonceptz-Krux-Interlaced-Braided-8-Gauge-Bi-Wire-Speaker-Wire-Cable-8-Pair/382747321152
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Asshat. LOL. That is funny. What did you do to receive that?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Clipdat
    Participated in a late term abortion of a thread called the Outlaw Audio subwoofer for sale thread.