Janett Jackson inducted into the Rock n' Roll hal of fame

Says they need to induct more women. What hell is miss pop garbage doing in there in the first place?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    The place is a huge joke.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    She should be inducted into the Wardrobe Malfunction Hall of Fame.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited March 2019
    I'd be more interested in that Hall of Fame than the Music one anyway.
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited March 2019
    I wish she did more of this kind of stuff. She would have OWNED Benatar and Joan Jett... And then she would have earned that spot in the R&R Hall of Fame.

https://youtu.be/qH-rPt1ftSo
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    She should be inducted into the Wardrobe Malfunction Hall of SHAME.

Fixed for accuracy.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I thought she sucked on "The Jeffersons" she was a cute kid then though.
  • afterburnt
    This is the only thing that she did that I thought was good although I can't stand looking at those people. https://youtu.be/0P4A1K4lXDo
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2019
    She was beautiful until the Frankenstein of a plastic surgeon MJ used got ahold of her and Latoya...

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Damn, I never heard of that Black Cat track. That was pretty good. Liked that video, too.

I haven't really kept up with much of the pop genre since between 5th - 8th grade, but I could watch JJ perform any time I think after seeing that Black Cat video. Always thought she was pretty hot. I liked MJ when I was a kid. I think Thriller was one of my first records. Both their dance styles seemed pretty unique to me, but then again, I haven't been keeping up. Were they the originators?

Smooth Criminal was a cool video, too.
    I disabled signatures.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I thought she sucked on "The Jeffersons" she was a cute kid then though.
    I believe she was on "Different Strokes", not "The Jeffersons," but you point stands nonetheless.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nooshinjohn
    I think she did both, but I do know she was in Good Times.

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited March 2019
    I didn't realize she was on Good Times, but I just did a quick search and it doesn't appear that she was on The Jeffersons. I watched that show quite a bit and I certainly don't remember her. Obviously not where she made her mark so its pretty insignificant anyway I suppose.

On topic, while she had a little something I don't think I'd consider her for any Hall of Fame, much less the Rock and Roll HOF.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    I’m anxiously awaiting the induction of Wayne Newton myself.

The rock and roll hall of fame has been a joke since the building permits were submitted.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    That was a total waste of 4:14 minutes of my life. :D

I think that rates down there with that yodeling dude video. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    I think some of you are missing the body of work over the decades she has put in. The Name ROCK N ROLL Hall of fame is about pop music since the term was coined back in the mid to late 50's. Its not just for Rock/Metal performers, but covers a very wide spectrum of music. Your personal taste or the name as you may believe what it stands for would cut out many who are the pioneers of Rock n Roll, Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Elvis and Bill haley to name a few that got this ball rolling. In literal terms of Rock n Roll none of them should be in it as there music is not ROCK, but more on the Blues R&B side of the house. To be better classified maybe they should have went with just the Rock/Metal Hall of Fame.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I agree...KANSAS should def. be in there already.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • afterburnt
    So Chuck Berry isn't Rock and Roll? Then neither are The Beatles.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    I would like to go to the Rock N Roll HOF just once. Would also like to see Cooperstown, even though I lost a lot of respect for them when then put Homer Simpson in there. That's a joke!!!!!
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    The group Kansas belongs in the Hall over Janet Jackson... The problem with the hall is that they are hellbent on political correctness and inclusion rather than focusing on talent and achievement alone. They may as well be the hall of everyone gets a trophy.

Look how long it took them to induct Black Sabbath. They started in 1968 and introduced a whole new genre of heavy metal, the "wall of sound". I couldn't begin to count the number of head banger bands that were (and still are) inspired by them. But it took until 2006 to make it in.

Same with Yes. One of the pioneers of progressive rock and they only got inducted in 2017.
  • nooshinjohn
    I won’t go there til the injustice being done to Pete Rose comes to an end. When men who have beaten their wives still get to play the game, but Rose is banned for life?... what a joke.

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    The R&R HOF redeemed themselves with me a little by finally putting Rush in. It took forever to put Yes in. But it is more of a popular music HOF than anything.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    edited March 2019
    I won’t go there til the injustice being done to Pete Rose comes to an end. When men who have beaten their wives still get to play the game, but Rose is banned for life?... what a joke.

I visited Cooperstown a few years ago. Great place which I highly recommend but, there is a big void not having Rose in.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    afterburnt wrote: »
    So Chuck Berry isn't Rock and Roll? Then neither are The Beatles.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Chuck-Berry

Chuck Berry, in full Charles Edward Anderson Berry, (born October 18, 1926, St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.—died March 18, 2017, St. Charles county, Missouri), American singer, songwriter, and guitarist who was one of the most popular and influential performers in rhythm-and-blues and rock-and-roll music in the 1950s, ’60s, and ’70s.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    I don't consider her Rock, She is way more pop then Rock.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • nooshinjohn
    mantis wrote: »
    I don't consider her Rock, She is way more pop then Rock.

She sucks... period.