Polk MAGNIFI MAX SR firmware and issues

Hi, is there any way that you can force a firmware upgrade, mine doesn't appear to want to update at night even though it is all connected up.( currently on 103 ), the reason for my update request is that the surround speakers have a chirping sound when there is voice activity on teh tv an dit also makes a chirping noise during use....any assistance appreciated, Thanks ( only had the unit 2 days so can return if no joy )

Answers

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Nothing personal, but it amazes me the number of first posts that are problem oriented.

9jppc6hdpw59.png
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • I mean this is the trouble shooting forum so one would think most of the posts would be problem oriented...........
  • MOz
    MOz Posts: 9
    Nice to have a solution posted. I have exactly the same problem. Cannot update firmware.
  • Muppet
    Muppet Posts: 3
    Have you tried below ?

Unplug power from sound bar, subwoofer and surrounds

a) Plug in sound bar

b) Wait for sound bar to boot – the orange LED will stop blinking and turn off

c) Press Power button on the sound bar – furthest right LED should illuminate Orange

d) Press Mute on the bar – LED should now pulse white indicating Mute

e) Plug in subwoofer and surrounds and confirm the LED on the back of the units is solid green

f) Wait about 10 seconds.

g) If there is an update available, the furthest left LED should begin pulsing white indicating the update has started and the LEDs will gradually fill in and show the progress of the update. (If there is no update available, there will be no additional LED activity and indicates everything is up to date)

h) The update can take up to 10 minutes

i) When the update finishes, the furthest right LED will turn green and then all of the LEDs will go Off after about 10 seconds

j) At this point, the update has completed and sound bar is ready to use.

k) Power on the sound bar and play 5.1 content to confirm everything is working properly and there is sound coming out of the bar, sub and surrounds.
  • Mopps
    Mopps Posts: 1
    Die Anleitung funktioniert nicht!
    Wie soll das auch funktionieren wenn ich zuvor nicht einmal eine Verbindung mit Google Home hinbekomme.
    Wie bekomme ich eine Verbindung mit Google Home hin ?
    Kann jemand bitte eine ganz genaue Anleitung schreiben ?
    Ich habe WLAN und Bluetooth am Handy aktiviert. Handy per Bluetooth gekoppelt und in der Google Home app auf neues Gerät hinzufügen geklickt.
    die bar wird gefunden, aber die Verbindung wird nicht hergestellt.
    Bricht nach einigen Minuten ab.
  • How do I get the LED red to change to green as it looks as if on standby, yet its working....?
  • Ksyuwa
    Ksyuwa Posts: 2
    Doesn't work. I've tried everything to reconnect surrounds and literally nothing works.
    Firmware 136 and I don't know if there is an update (the gide below didn't help - maybe there is no update after all).
    I think it was our first and last purchase of Polk products.
    Not recommended.
  • Let me refer this to a friend at Polk.
  • Ksyuwa
    Ksyuwa Posts: 2
    SeleniumFalcon - thanks is advance! I'm kind of feeling desperate, so any help will be more than welcome.
    What information you need me to provide?
  • Hello,
    Please send your name, address, email address, telephone number and the serial number of the unit to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com and explain what you're experiencing and he will solve the problem for you.
  • arqmdm
    arqmdm Posts: 1
    Hello, is there any way that you can force a firmware upgrade for the magniFi Max, mine doesn't appear to want to update at night even though it is all connected up.( currently on 136 ), the reason for my update request is that the surround speakers and subwoofer does not link to the sound bar .

This has bees our fist supposed “best option for high quality speakers” and it hasn’t been a good experience at all.

No one on Polk hadn’t the facility to help . And this if not the service we spect when buying this “high quality” speakers …
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,453
    I'll forward your request to a contact at Polk, I might not have an answer until Monday, but hang in there we can help.
  • I have been battling Polk for years because of the popping noise in the surrounds. In the beginning they always told me to wait for an update. Then it gets past the warranty and they don't seem to want to help at all. I have saved every single complaint from every forum I can find. Including the complaints on here. It is now to the point where I feel the need to get a lawyer and file a class action lawsuit. If anyone is interested in teaming up with me on this. Find me on Facebook. My name is Blake Biellier.