New family member

Options
dragon1952
dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
edited March 2019 in The Clubhouse
Most of you have probably seen my previous post about the loss of our "wonderful friend" Gordie. Well, even though we are still in the grieving process we just couldn't stand an empty house. These little guys just bring so much fun and laughter and our house has been like a morgue lately. I posted this in the old thread but it was suggested this little guy deserves his own thread, and I agree. So.....meet the new guy, Jack! Here's a purebred Chihuahua with champion bloodlines, 7 mos old and 3.5 lbs. I fell in love with him the first time I saw the ad and knew he was meant for me.
bbdfxagzszaj.jpg

Now, he's still with the breeder but he's been paid for and I'll be picking him up Monday morning!
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Now that's more like it! New puppy, new thread. This little guy will do things that remind you of the one lost, but will heal your hearts with a personality that is uniquely his very own. May the smiles he brings fill your home with joy. Congrats!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Animals are amazing and capable of bestowing unconditional love upon their guardians. Good on ya for opening your hearts and home to the new fella :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Congrats on the new addition.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    Welcome Jack. What a cute little guy. Congratulations
    Randy/Maine
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Jack! That’s a cute lil dog for sure.
    I’m sorry but nothing heals the broken heart of losing a pet like getting a new one. We have lost a few over the years and always replace. May sound weird, but we feel these animals increase our happiness and overall quality of life.
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Options
    Jack!! I love him already.

Would really be into reading periodic reports on your life with him. Our shihtzu is pushing 12 years so we’re looking toward declining years for him. We have a 7 year old daughter who wants a chihuahua. I’ve never had one and I have maybe misplaced sense of trepidation about their barking and hyperactivity.

So keep the reporting coming!
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Options
    Ps where’s the breeder?
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    There you go! Jack looks like a character.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Congrats man! Looks like a cutie for sure.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    While you will never forget Gordie, a new puppy or dog will help ease the pain of the loss as we all have realized numerous times.

Congrats on Jack, he's a cute puppy!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • dragon1952
    edited March 2019
    Options
    stretchl wrote: »
    Ps where’s the breeder?

The breeder in is Oregon a little north of Salem. I did a lot of research. She's president of the local AKC chapter and shows chihuahua's and appears very reputable. I don't think breeding is actually their main activity though. She's kept this one for 7 mos because she hadn't been able to find the right home for him. I call it fate as he was just waiting for me :^ ) He'll come with AKC papers and health records.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dragon1952
    edited March 2019
    Options
    stretchl wrote: »
    Jack!! I love him already.

Would really be into reading periodic reports on your life with him. Our shihtzu is pushing 12 years so we’re looking toward declining years for him. We have a 7 year old daughter who wants a chihuahua. I’ve never had one and I have maybe misplaced sense of trepidation about their barking and hyperactivity.

So keep the reporting coming!

I think the 'barking and hyperactivity' associated with small dogs is quite overblown. They may tend to suffer a little more from separation anxiety and that can cause some issues like you are talking about, but they aren't all hyper little yappers. A lot of it falls on the owners too.
    However, there are exceptions.....

kfktv7q4utbr.jpg
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    Sorry for the loss of Gordie,and congrats on the new addition,Jack!
    See my profile for list of gear.