Managing digital files

I have the Lightning Server for one system and Cambridge Connect for the other system and both are a little difficult to use with a large collection of files. Lightning Server does have the edge in ease of use, but I am not used to Cambridge Connect yet. I am wondering if any of you have difficulty with negotiating large collections and if you have found a solution that makes it easier to do.

Thanks

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    One more question, do they still make green Jello?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Roon. Makes large libraries and Tidal as easy to manage as picking your nose.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Roon. Makes large libraries and Tidal as easy to manage as picking your nose.

I couldn't agree more on Roon. I was amazed how fast and accurate it was without mistakes or omissions.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Do you folks have the lifetime guarantee? If so do you have a coupon?
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    edited March 2019
    I have a Q, having been a past user of JRiver. How well does Roon recognize/label/file everything? One of my MAJOR complaints of JRiver is/was when I went to rip a bunch of CDs, there was always a good % of individual tracks that went off to 'neverland.' Incorrect/no labels, I had to track them down, and edit them in the database to associated them to the overall album (CD) that was ripped. A heck of a lot of manual db work, for something that is suppose to be automatic/effortless.

Right now I'm a few revs/releases back, and have a stack of new CD's that I've been reluctant to rip/put in my system. The more I read about Roon, the more I'm thinking about a change.

60-70% of the 'new stuff' in JRivers I probably don't use. I find their whole blog/stream of consciousness website a bunch of BS as far as finding real info to solve the issues I've had configuring the s/w to my liking.

Is it too much to ask these days to have a viable User Manual to find all the answers to our questions?

Can't argue the price, but you get what you pay for...
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom