I will miss all of you when they shut this place down

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Thanks Don
    Lol
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Is it weird that I wept a little while reading this on the turlet?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    When there is a new Polk "legacy" forum, I'm gonna say the "G" word all the time.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    steveinaz wrote: »
    When there is a new Polk "legacy" forum, I'm gonna say the "G" word all the time.

I’ll say it for you here....(breathes deep, exhales) ...Goosefraba.

I feel much better, do you Steve?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    This one, @Hermitism ? This thread?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    No not this one.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    steveinaz wrote: »

fhdzj66b1blz.png
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited March 2019
    Just don’t say “Beetlejuice” three times...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Ah, stop being dramatic.

All that happens is Russ jumps out of your bushes with a pink tutu over aftless chaps and yells "I LIKE JUICE!".

It's not scary, it's entertaining. Just throw slices of lunch meat at him and see what sticks.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Just don’t say “Beetlejuice” three times...

Can I say "Beetlejugo" 3 times?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mhardy6647
    Jstas wrote: »

It's not scary, it's entertaining. Just throw slices of lunch meat at him and see what sticks.

speaking of which...

https://i.imgur.com/Phv4JWW.mp4

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Yep.

Sometimes Russ is the dog.

Sometimes Russ is the cat.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

speaking of which...

https://i.imgur.com/Phv4JWW.mp4

That there is FUNNY!!!!
    I needed that!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Hermitism
    I wish they'd give us a chance to moderate ourselves, just to see how it would go. Give a couple members the ability to delete and edit posts. Being a referee could be awkward when you're closer to Person A than Person B, but just a chance to see how well we could do it.
  • Hermitism
    Ironically, Micah is probably the most mature of all of us and he's the youngest of us all. Where's he been? Spring break? Orthodontist? Dermatologist? Or some other doctor of the teens? Bar Mitzvah... his own?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    I think they should grant us all moderator privileges. It'd be fun to delete each others user accounts and watch the reactions when they try to come back on. Good times, good times.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I wish they'd give us a chance to moderate ourselves, just to see how it would go. Give a couple members the ability to delete and edit posts. Being a referee could be awkward when you're closer to Person A than Person B, but just a chance to see how well we could do it.

In my opinion, the forum was the best when Doro was the mod. Being a member, he had a better understanding of the personalities, what was a joke and what wasn't. You can also delete comments before threads go off the rails, which we hardly ever do. Polk, since then, never had a full time moderator so threads sometimes got to a few pages of flaming before anyone noticed.

I already threw my hat in the ring, as did John, but I could devote full time to it. I'm a pretty fair person too, and have no problem setting accounts in wet cement if need be. :) Lesser offenses may just get whipped with wet noodles.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    Yep.

Sometimes Russ is the dog.

Sometimes Russ is the cat.
    Hmm.
    Wonder what Russ'd do if one threw a slice of American cheese on his face...?
  • mhardy6647
    msg wrote: »
    I think they should grant us all moderator privileges. It'd be fun to delete each others user accounts and watch the reactions when they try to come back on. Good times, good times.

ahhh, the old Lord of the Flies gambit.

;)
  • Hermitism
    tonyb wrote: »
    I already threw my hat in the ring, as did John, but I could devote full time to it.
    That would be great. You and Micah, the oldest and the youngest! OHH! Micah would pick up on all the hip youngster lingo and would know if some young new member was calling me derogatory names by using some term I had never heard of, that became popular on an MTV reality show. And you'd be able to pick up on any inflammatory posts using out of date words last heard in black and white movies! :smiley:

I'm kidding, you'd make a good mod. My fear is someone new is going to come in and be extremely strict. It's no fun walking on eggshells, afraid that a joke is going to be interpreted wrong by someone that doesn't know us.
  • mhardy6647
    I'd be like the Queen of Hearts* as a mod.

pn1qof5op3wm.png

Not this one

https://youtu.be/P0DK-0fIKCw

or this one if you prefer :)

https://youtu.be/qy2HdKaP1EU
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    In my opinion, the forum was the best when Doro was the mod

You have got to be kidding!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    I think NAP was the mod when I first started here....
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Micah was the best mod. Justin wasn't bad either.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    F1nut wrote: »
    Micah was the best mod. Justin wasn't bad either.

I think both were way before my time.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I have decided that i will be the acting "Moderator" for the time being though i won't be able to delete/edit posts, ban individuals, help with Vanilla screw-ups, choice in words to be edited with ****'s, or basically any privileges what so ever.

BUT...For the time being, i will just accost you until you go away.

Deal?

I feel i should start a poll, but also feel the unanimous decision to select me as "Moderator" doesn't need that type of attention.

Let the moderating begin!

Dilly Dilly...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited March 2019
    Ironically, Micah is probably the most mature of all of us and he's the youngest of us all. Where's he been? Spring break? Orthodontist? Dermatologist? Or some other doctor of the teens? Bar Mitzvah... his own?
    Stopped using devices for a week or two, then went on a mission trip. Back now :)
    tonyb wrote: »
    I already threw my hat in the ring, as did John, but I could devote full time to it.
    That would be great. You and Micah, the oldest and the youngest! OHH! Micah would pick up on all the hip youngster lingo and would know if some young new member was calling me derogatory names by using some term I had never heard of, that became popular on an MTV reality show. And you'd be able to pick up on any inflammatory posts using out of date words last heard in black and white movies! :smiley:

I'm kidding, you'd make a good mod. My fear is someone new is going to come in and be extremely strict. It's no fun walking on eggshells, afraid that a joke is going to be interpreted wrong by someone that doesn't know us.

I'm not good at all the new youngster lingo, lol. I have to ask friends what a lot of it means... not being on YouTube for months now doesn't help my being "behind".

I'd not be opposed to being a mod. Probably is MUCH harder than it looks, but I could try and pull it off. :)

I've had a lot of fun here, and it'd be a shame if it were to shut down. Y'all have been a great help to me, and a lot of others, and I really appreciate it. :)
  • tonyb
    F1nut wrote: »
    In my opinion, the forum was the best when Doro was the mod

You have got to be kidding!!!

LOL....we had fun around here then. Micah and Justin were good too You have to remember though, back then....people didn't get upset over silly things like they do today. Put those same mods under todays conditions, we may have had a different outcome. Things were just starting to turn during Doro's rule, and he couldn't deal with that very well. In spite of some of the ...um....flaws in his decision making, we still had some fun.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Hermitism
    My comments were all in good fun tonyb! Although it probably works to your benefit to tell them that you're "older". Old people don't sleep much, if at all, which equals more time to moderate!
  • tonyb
    My comments were all in good fun tonyb! Although it probably works to your benefit to tell them that you're "older". Old people don't sleep much, if at all, which equals more time to moderate!

I know pal....and we "old people" sleep like babies btw. We don't worry about who's feelings got hurt or such B.S. Just sayin'....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's