Reorganizing and Downsizing the cottage.

Options

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,014
    Options
    Most of the rest of my Cd collection is all in place now.
    7z4e15p76cmu.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Wow! That is a collection! @pumpkinman look out! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I just had to plug this in today! <3
    84xs2r1b2dxo.png

Oink Oink!!!

In with 37! :p

LOL. :D

I used to have 2 of these at once. They both just stopped working. One about 6 months after I sold it and mine about 12 months from selling the first one.

I sent mine in for repair and 3 months later I find out the guy is in jail! His wife brings it and it's brother a 502 back to me. I gave the 504 to another tech. He gives it back a month or two later saying the job is too big for him. He got one channel to work but not the other he said. No extra charge. I haven't tested it to see if he did get a channel to work. It was just a relay I believe for both to be brought back to life.
  • Tony M
    Options
    verb wrote: »

I'm following in his footsteps. sort-of. :p
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Options

I saw your post and thought your system has one like that I think and I loved your initial review of their quality of sound.

The bad thing is I have the money now to purchase that without credit needed and THAT's where I could slip into the rabbit hole real deep real fast. So I have to wait for SS checks to start coming in to judge what I have to play with in the near future.

But I sure do want that set because of your purchase of one similar and that review...AND the service you just received from Pass Labs. :);)B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    You will never even have the desire to buy another preamp. An offer of 2900 would be enough to take it home. Sell off some of the extra gear you have laying around and you wont be out of pocket a dime.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I hear you. ;)

I'm getting real close to start trying to sell full time again.

I will try real hard to keep track like I did for years , years ago.
    It will tell me the $ amount coming back in as time goes by!

I found my old spiral note pad that I used and I can ad to it now. I've missed logging in 2 years of sales though. I've sold a few things to friends and old friends but only about 10 things at the most.

• pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,512
    Options

jbqihn2p7csg.jpeg

Tony has a way to go @verb LOL
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • verb
    Options
    pumpkinman wrote: »

jbqihn2p7csg.jpeg

Tony has a way to go @verb LOL

Wow! That is impressive! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    akeujky8x856.jpeg

@verb the previous pic was pulled off the net and was a joke. Here’s my CD’s
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• verb
    edited March 2019
    Options
    akeujky8x856.jpeg

Got me! Although not implausible at the rate you feed the beast! Still impressive my man! :smile:
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    akeujky8x856.jpeg

I have ay least one of those racks full. I've been seriously of looking into a Boltz rack of some sort. Those are nice shelving units. Did you make those?
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    akeujky8x856.jpeg

I have ay least one of those racks full. I've been seriously of looking into a Boltz rack of some sort. Those are nice shelving units. Did you make those?

Yes I did. Look into buying a Kreg Jig. Easy Peasy
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Tony M
    Options
    akeujky8x856.jpeg

Did you take pictures of the construction of it? I have a kreg jig and accessories and screws too. ( Minty, from a yard-sale. ) :p:)
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    akeujky8x856.jpeg

Did you take pictures of the construction of it? I have a kreg jig and accessories and screws too. ( Minty, from a yard-sale. ) :p:)

Sorry I did not.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Tony M
    edited March 2019
    Options
    akeujky8x856.jpeg

Sorry I did not.

Darn, but that's ok. B) I see your picture and have an idea or two to duplicate it if I go that route with wood shelving for my CDs. Did you router the edges?

I'll just have to get out the Kreg instructions if I got them with this big kit from that yard-sale. :)

If not, I think there'll be a ton of videos online for me to look at. I'm pretty handy with woodworking tools so I'll figure something out easily one day. ;) I just found their website easy enough and this site LOOKS FANTASTIC for teaching newbies on how to use their jigs in so many ways.
    https://www.kregtool.com/get-inspired/videos.aspx

I switched out my window A/C window unit with the fantastic help from my neighbor. This summer and many more should be super cool again out there now.
    I better get something done about space this year!
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    @tonyb

Yes I used a router to chamfer the edge
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Tony M
    Options
    The new cooler is in place now.

The old.
    ob67gxkexelj.png
    The new.
    oisva25sdl43.png
  • Tony M
    Options
    I've done some more the past couple of weeks.
    9fhaoca437yc.png
    gwnj3ozjvpfx.png
    fc6mlxjqqa6t.png
    2npxw0rpo2zm.png
    0rxduu0fud0v.png
    khbpab1rlh4h.png
    ztzpo2kjchlk.png
    ps4505rbmlb5.png
    fbpwytycl981.png
    r5j6vufus5qp.png
    p4j0qsddobf4.png

Little by little... ;)

• verb
    Options
    Tony my man you got some cool stuff! Lots and lots of cool stuff! :smile:
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    It like speaker Jenga in there!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Jeez man; get the clutter off that exercise equipment and use it!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    It like speaker Jenga in there!

THIS is signature line material, right here, folks.

• JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Options
    I saved some of these pictures to show the wife next time she says I have too much stuff. Might get me out of a jam..
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • Tony M
    Options
    When you amass this much, It's easy to sneak new gear in. ;)

My wife still doesn't recognize the Triton Ones as being new acquisitions since last summer. :)
  • Tony M
    edited March 2019
    Options
    JPete wrote: »
    I saved some of these pictures to show the wife next time she says I have too much stuff. Might get me out of a jam..

I used to watch Hoarders with the wife and say...see, I'm not THAT BAD, am I?. :)

She would answer...no. But told me I was heading there.

I refuse to step on stuff to get to stuff! No No No...won't happen!
  • verb
    Options
    When you amass this much, It's easy to sneak new gear in. ;)

My wife still doesn't recognize the Triton Ones as being new acquisitions since last summer. :)

Funny! Operation Triton was a success! :smile:
  • Tony M
    Options
    10-4

All CLEAR...

RESUME POSITIONS.

B)
  • Tony M
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sold my Polk LS90s yesterday and my friend helped me put these Def. Tech. BP30s in their places. This same friend bought 4 other sets of book self speakers. It felt good. I also gave a set of bookies from the back room to another old friend who helped me out a bunch years ago.

I found another CD rack I forgot I have. Some pretty cool Cds in it too. I played a George Michael Cd from it. Great recordings and voice! I could've turned it up more but what's the point...

I've been doing outside work the last two weeks. The inside of this space was shifted around to get to the TV stand with the NAD receiver on it and to get to another chair.
    blfk8c9iwbem.png
    3zv1em0tdsxb.png
    j047f2mbqr9b.png

Here's that Cd rack on the floor I forgot I had. :s There's some more NICE Cds on the edge of that coffee table behind the rack too I forgot about. :#
    72a5npj1lbmv.png

I can now get to the right wall easily through this path.
    67n23w8pze9r.png

• Tony M
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I've done a little on the outside of my house and the porch of the cottage since it was so beautiful to be outside. The pollen was bad but I took a Benadryl before going out.

Before;
    06prso2sixf7.png
    x1zrqzr5c9nf.png

After;
    pzsd2lwz97rd.png
    pq3ap70ibfqt.png
    7oqvrnnw0qvo.png

:)
    Post edited by Tony M on