Reorganizing and Downsizing the cottage.

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    That's a lot of pics to look at, I can't imagine trying to organized all of that.

Better you than me Tony.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    For a second, i thought this thread was about the disaster after Hurricane Andrew... :D

I was scrolling through the pictures and saw that you had an ironic book stashed on one of your shelves.

"Feng Shui"
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Looking at those pics of all that cool stuff put a big smile on my face Tony! Love it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited February 2019

Dang that's right up the street from me.... good thing I don't have that kind of spare coin.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited February 2019
    mrbiron wrote: »
    For a second, i thought this thread was about the disaster after Hurricane Andrew... :D

I was scrolling through the pictures and saw that you had an ironic book stashed on one of your shelves.

"Feng Shui"

Yea, and I had it going on in there for years the best I could. I had fire, water, stones, reflective pieces placed in places that's supposed to ward off bad energy. I had a small water fountain going and a couple of candles too when ever I was out there which was quite often. :)

Maybe some incense 90% of the time. I burned a stick yesterday and today too. I had a candle ( scented of course) burning both days too. I burn Patchouli, Sandal wood and one other scent I can't remember right now.

I just had a friend tell me the other day he loves coming over and smelling this front room along with playing all kinds of Cds and albums. :D I had an oriental solid 4 panel screen set up too. I got a lot of compliments over those years! Music, room and friendliness were commented on a lot. B)
    abtshz1bbnx6.png
    iw6hs0arfrp2.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Did a little more today, well a lot!

I got to see all my Cds against the A/C wall and man do I have some real nice ones along that wall. I remember listening to a lot of them too!

Remember, the mission is to replace the A/C unit. But last night I stopped at a point where I was going to assemble a stereo shelving stand today to put those units that are under the table on it. I got the spine of the rack out fast enough BUT the screws weren't taped to it! :s So I started organizing looking for those screws the whole time. I moved everything else and no luck. So I just started moving more things to get ready to swap the A/C unit. Right around then, I saw some screws in a little magnet bowl right by the front door going in there on the front book case on the upper shelf. I thought NO WAY. They're supposed to be in a sandwich bag I thought. I pulled the bowl out and there they were! But I was too tired and had another plan where to put those units that are under the table.

Now to show some pics.
  • Tony M
    Wednesday's progress. :D
    cisutcfd7nfm.png
    5eorbcgi9ryj.png
    9mpd07s1slch.png
    ncg5nk5fk4hb.png
    Look at that little silver bowl on the shelf. The screws I looked for hours for are in there. :#:D
    kpkl73cpboos.png
    7yd4ee7dzciq.png
    91idtvkdmguy.png
    rjwee9f9xqc9.png
  • Tony M
    Now to move these speakers out of the way.
    pcro477uf51b.png
    my3aa763xa9w.png
    zs51cno49tpp.png
    n204pib4fgyx.png
    j9b8s6d2l2ye.png
    yof25mc6hypu.png
    863cl7qz738m.png
    36uvjbv83tj2.png
    1to57e1jin6k.png
    zyw533o0gn7q.png
    misawcay89a9.png
    291mpcbelpm4.png

• Tony M
    More organizing...
    7xllstnmgmjn.png
    The screw bowl;
    xzvcc9ayk1h8.png
    rf0snp4dap7t.png
    That rack spine;
    ldo3c47p12ct.png
    These need a new place to go to;
    hfhe7c9ckosj.png
    A lot of my chess set and chess board collections;
    lvzmansryam5.png
    bqhbqpvpmqbw.png
    wyelcehdzwlb.png
    4e2pz91gfofv.png
    38cz8wepiujm.png
    x91qajr4wf42.png
    t8mspkfcnujf.png

• Tony M
    Even more progress. I was on a roll today.
    4i84mrdith1b.png
    h3cky4o740j8.png
    bwk87vl0rlpw.png
    waqxtgcdnmcn.png
    I put those units in this rack. There wasn't much on the bottom shelves. They fit very well but the CD/DVD changer is 28" deep I believe and would've stuck out about 6" so I couldn't put it in there. Maybe on top some other time.
    jhf4bkh48ygs.png
    nui7dk51047z.png
    yrmnxn0lw9u8.png
    z7dart7czpqu.png
    tq40vs17t99a.png
  • Tony M
    Chess anybody?
    qm1i5ctnq503.png
    fk3451ck1nlc.png
    ct2ulv42ze7u.png
    n5hdesxs4ova.png
    6tcnozrldbij.png

This was my coffee table top out there for years. It's about 200 lbs. too and beautiful!
    ex4ya5cyl9bu.png
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Tony M wrote: »
    Even more progress. I was on a roll today.
    yrmnxn0lw9u8.png

You like playing Jenga? You need to get back in there and take that DVD player off the top.

Its making me nervous........ :o

• nooshinjohn
    I see a ton of stuff that would make for great karmas... that silver faced receiver among them. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Milito wrote: »
    That's a lot of pics to look at, I can't imagine trying to organized all of that.

Better you than me Tony.

Just imagine being bed ridden for almost 10 years. The times you do feel somewhat ok, you'd like to go to goodwill or to yard sales here and there. You find things at great prices and bring them home. Repeat. But in between, you check out Craig's list and FORCE yourself to go pick up great stereo related bargains. Repeat. 10 years of that I think it was. I hate with a passion deep in my soul how my doctors treated me through those years!!!!!!! They SUCKED!!!! >:) They LIED on their charts!!!!! I feel the need to call them all A** H**$s that should've been sued by me but feel they'd have snapped for having their careers f'd up by my lawsuit cases and then come and shoot me dead.

Back to my love... ;)

The LOVE I have for great sounding stereo and the curse of buying cool little things that are priced really low was given to me through my Moms blood I'm sure. She liked cool things and bought a lot of great bargains BUT we haven't had to step on anything we've held onto like hoarders do.

I'm glad to be above ground to do it. :) It's the way I'm feeling right about now. ;):p
    I was getting ready to meet my maker back in July for real. o:)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited February 2019
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    With a massive, I mean @#$&'n massive yard sale, you could be in Joey and bluefox territory with the money you pull in... ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    I'm just waiting for someone to quote one of these photo-laden posts to post a one-liner, and then I'll really be lost.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    msg wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for someone to quote one of these photo-laden posts to post a one-liner, and then I'll really be lost.

:) Post of the week, right here, folks!

I was just looking at the most recent updates to this thread and thinkin' might be time to go in there with a front-end loader. :*
  • msg
    Hey Tony, how much purging are you planning? I've been meaning to trim out the gear in my own organizingzation, but haven't started yet. Instead, I've taken to the Hardy Method of Wire Shelving, and making use of vertical space to sort of insulate my walls with stereo gear.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    msg wrote: »
    Hey Tony, how much purging are you planning? I've been meaning to trim out the gear in my own organizingzation, but haven't started yet. Instead, I've taken to the Hardy Method of Wire Shelving, and making use of vertical space to sort of insulate my walls with stereo gear.

I have a lot of books taking up wall space right now. I've gone vertical already BUT I think I could go higher in a few places but that will be way over the top with what I own. I have way too many speakers right now. Most are GREAT speakers too, Some are just ok. I plan to get rid of the just ok and a lot of the great ones too to regain space. I'll probably donate a bunch of books to goodwill BUT I have a lot of really nice books that I want to keep too.

I used to have 50% electronics and 50% speakers IN STORAGE. Now it's like 30%elec. and 70% speakers OR MORE. Speakers take up a lot more than elec. I can prove. I paid 50.00 or under for a lot of sets and those will be the first to go...one way or another. Maybe my RT3000P and Rt1000P center will be sold off soon if I can get a buyer. I want to put my Tritons in their place.
  • Tony M
    As to me breaking up my pictures into blocks.

I heard putting too many pics. in one post overloads some phones. That might not be the case now-a-days. Maybe I'll limit myself to posting one pic. a day from now on so everybody can see just an end result of that days progress. :)
  • msg
    Hehe, it's not the number as much as it is the size. Resizing images before posting can be helpful, depending on what we're showcasing, since sometimes you want to show full resolution for detail, like on a crossover damage photo or something.

Sometimes I'll use a photo-collage app to condense the presentation.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    I did just go back and see the tall pictures (portrait I guess) ARE REALLY too tall compared to the normal ones. I'll keep that in mind.

I don't know how to make a collage with my PC.

I tried to show steps in my progress as I went along, plus to get pics for selling in the near future too. I'm about done re-arranging things to get to everything and look for those darn screws that were just inside the front door the whole time. A little more to do this afternoon to make way for the new A/C if all goes well.

I also thought I had my camera set to the lowest setting. I'll recheck it asap.
  • msg
    Oh, sorry Tony, I thought you might have been doing this with a mobile device. A nice little image editor for the PC is FastStone Image Viewer. Got a bunch of tools built in for quick adjustments or even batch editing of multiple images at once. Sorry, getting off-track on your thread.
    I disabled signatures.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    So Tony I realized that my pickup might be a bit too small, so I'm ready to rent this baby for when I come visit! :smile:
    59twh1nb4e0o.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    That's just what I need to clear out this building! ;) And there's room for it here too. You could pull into my neighbors yard across the street, ( he's always let us use his front yard for neighbors' parties and off street parking when needed.) then back up into my driveway up to my cottages roof overhang, pull out the walk board and dolly and go to town! :D

But like on those hoarder shows, I'd be standing there saying....No, I want to keep those speakers. :p No, I want to keep that receiver... :s

The problem lies with me wanting to hold on to half of that trailer worth of stuff still
  • Tony M
    A little more done today. I took CDs from my house and brought them out here. Making space behind my desk chair and in front of a hutch.
    oylg2rro8qwy.png
    r3pux2bnv08c.png
    one box put up.
    ylqgckqtm544.png
    another box put up.
    oihfi9s53yz7.png
    this is what's left from this tub full of Cds I got at a yard-sale a year or two ago.
    I couldn't lift them all at once so I had to bring them out in that cardboard box until I could lift this.
    uvygn12s5cu2.png
    done for now.
    Now the A/C swap asap.
    h4drq2pxeoqo.png

• Tony M
    I just had to plug this in today! <3
    84xs2r1b2dxo.png
  • nooshinjohn
    Tony M wrote: »
    I just had to plug this in today! <3
    84xs2r1b2dxo.png

Oink Oink!!!

In with 37! :p