Reorganizing and Downsizing the cottage.

Options
It looks I can post a new thread now. :) woohoo!

So maybe I'll document my progress here. I moved 460 CDs 3 ft. and 180* from where they were. From shelves to a CD rack. I used to have Cds in this spot before, years ago. I then found my boxes of cassttes the other night and I moved them to where the Cds were. I also found 2 boxes of CD collections I bought at yard sales. They're beach music and some jazz and old soul too. Here's some pics.
Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    zkecsaff0mf9.png
    kgjupqn1e5dn.png
    nxpgm560whd2.png
    c99e22avrwrt.png
    21fle2x1u3dk.png
    du2rtb304f0s.png
    1v7zx5fwy9no.png
    I had this rack sitting empty for years in here, always in the way. Now it's being used. I feel so idiotic for not seeing I could put this rack back up where a different one was before. 460+ CDs on this rack now. I'll post some other pics of my other CD collections but they're behind speakers right now. :s You'll get the idea though.
    x1iu4zfzwwbb.png
    6dpl0jkx3z7t.png
    qpp46htc1kal.png
    eo6kk6x45tga.png
    Most of these on this tower are relaxation Cds. I listened to a bunch of them during the dark days from my neck pain.
    3wd8o4ec6y8e.png

• Tony M
    Options
    I just copied this post from earlier today. I'm getting to do things out there again since the yard work is almost completely caught up and the painting is almost done too. This receiver was first on my list to look at again. I tried it months ago and no power. So I cleared off my table and took a look inside and outside. It was great to hear it in action this afternoon FOR SURE! :DB) I couldn't start a new thread this afternoon!

I still can't post a new discussion. My PC looses the internet windows. I'm still connected but any window I have open...disappears for good until I click back on them. So this is about that Sony ES receiver I posted about in the POST A PICTURE thread. Here's the scenario about it today...I was going to put it in a "needs an elec. prof. to look at area" but I JUST HAD TO HOOK UP JUMPERS AGAIN to reaffirm it wasn't the missing jumpers that is the reason for no sound. The receiver is like new and I just couldn't believe it didn't work with jumpers installed!

That Sony STR-6ESII receiver is working now.

I thought I'd try again with putting jumper cables where there was supposed to be some for functionality. I had put cables across the jacks the other night and I got nothing. So either the other cables are completely bad ( which I doubt highly ) or I was doing something stupid after they were in place to get no sound. This receiver is powerful and basic. It does have a bass boost button that increases the bass pretty well. This receiver is like new too, BUT it was filthy when I bought it along with some other things like that Monster Power conditioner and indicator. I'm smiling!

I love it when things become alive again! It's like in that Bride of Frankenstein movie where the scientist gets crazy and says " It's alive...IT'S ALIVE!" That's what I just felt like. :D
  • Tony M
    Options
    Here's the dirty Sony before a cleaning.
    3kyo5cdup4cy.png
    jhuqp5cf01ck.png
    ebhny1l4kz6c.png
    cq7496tf4r8r.png
    mpmzn8b1wz7h.png
    vhp0f1dgcofj.png
    The Monster power center that came with it. Filthy dirty too. :s
    p0ktbyjgp391.png
    sh6mshu1wvd8.png
    1sa0257x10i1.png
    8ks0g07fpou1.png
    wx2d1nnm9k1k.png
    After cleaning the top. B):) All the 4 pieces I bought that day were DIRTY but cleaned up to look like new again. :)
    oep9bdaugvd0.png

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    Tony I'm thrilled to hear that you're feeling well enough to go log a few hours each day organizing the cottage. It'll all be worth it when you get those GE Tritons positioned and singing!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    OMG Tony! You got a lot of goodies! :smile: Glad you’re doing better!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Options
    Thanks Drew.
    That thought is very heavy on my mind the past week.

I JUST looked over at the one Triton speaker that's just a foot away from where it will be today and thought..."A few more days my friend, a few more days."

It WILL happen before summer is here. ;) The other speaker placement will be more of a challenge. :#:)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Looking good Tony! Don't stall out while organizing, I can tell you from experience that it'll take forever to start again! Good luck. :)
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Keep getting better Tony!

Isn't that the truth mlistens03, lol.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I really do have a lot of goodies Dave! :p I'll post some pictures quite often now. ;)

f9z8zvsu7alb.png
    vrb107y8kszi.png
    43s4q2670ly8.png
    Going out there again right now. :p
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    You takin' pitchers in my basement, ol' son?

;)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Dude I'm coming over with my truck! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Come on over Dave and bring somebody with another truck with you too. ;)

You're building another garage that could use another system or three, right?

I just remembered this...RUSS , I think he was, maybe you too Dave, that mentioned a year or two ago about bringing a tractor trailer to help clear up some space here. Maybe a train car was mentioned also. :D

• Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    You takin' pitchers in my basement, ol' son?

;)

Is your basement stocked with a ton of spare receivers and speakers too?

I just had to walk through the back room and saw another shelving unit with about 5 more receivers on it. :s I know one doesn't work. I just don't remember which one now. I've got to organize areas into catagories. Receivers, Cd players, small bookies and large towers.

I counted my albums today. It's been 25 years since I've done that. I counted just over 700. :o I was freaking out as I passed 300 and I wasn't even half way though the row.
    I saw some I want to revisit asap. :pB)
    1zqw1hkigmw6.png
    6xh0uus8tm1e.png
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I got vacation in October that puts me down your way... I'll bring a trailer. ;)
  • Tony M
    Options
    That sounds ok to me. :)

I hope I have space by then so there might be slim pickins...but I've been saying that for 2 years now so who knows.

At least you'll get to hear the Tritons and the Newform Research speakers.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I went out and got to working on getting to my bad window unit so I can replace it before summer hits. It barely kept the room humidity free and comfortable. I've had it for like 20 years so it served me well.

Here is some progress pics. It's like a TETRIS game again out there.

An open floor space to work with, yea. :D
    6p4cyrp7hpd4.png
    72tr2xfl5j83.png
    l018hmfpipd7.png
    cuem51t1q87w.png
    n12pxqvs8r8r.png
    7blzaawcy5mc.png
    I can almost get to my organized CD collection again. YEA.
    o1dq5t2r7jyl.png
    My FIRST surround replacement job I believe. It could've been my second, I have 2 rare pair of Infinity's I worked on.
    ybj26cvtuu9l.png
    0ma7t9ih5are.png
    I'll continue in another post to break up the massive documentary pics. I'm taking.
    You have to see this to believe it. Pics or it didn't happen right?
  • Tony M
    Options
    Here's some more of the progress;
    uarhy2l65gli.png
    xp0j9y7u7dbz.png
    wufvafumoafl.png
    Kind-of rare Cerwin Vegas; I refoamed these too.
    zy7pzeww3ohc.png
    nlbpmcbye8z8.png
    q4p3e814kl58.png
    62qyz6zy0kkb.png
    q62xeszwli6t.png
    eavae14hwf8h.png

• Tony M
    Options
    Now to get to my Polk RT1000Ps and to move my Pinnacle center channel elsewhere for now. And these woofers out of MTS speakers I think they are. (?) The voice coil **** are sooo tight, I feel I need to do the 9 volt battery power signal to be able to center these things. Very tight tolerances!
    8bdjns7ufs8g.png
    qrlhwvjybk76.png
    3906vwyu4ad9.png
    7sxl1mzrsufk.png
    I'll get these woofers off that Pioneer as soon as I can tomorrow!
    f7jn8l53ehwc.png
    sgi06q2v9c2v.png
    fx6b4tjah3lv.png
    raupv1583l53.png
    16n86rhmju0j.png
    z4wlfza2qs5h.png
    7yacri0epfl3.png
    y7pls3y40qw7.png
    bhbrb1rpg5jn.png
    Now to pull the other Time Frame 350 out to join it's brother.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I'm almost getting to my old A/C unit!
    5yt9a4g07jmk.png
    4sdvca4cf6v0.png
    This Time Frame had this stain on it but for 40.00, I didn't care. I re-foamed their woofers too. Man do the sound great!
    8r650s7b4qho.png
    dn27muaezbz6.png
    My KEF Coda 9's. Very rare also. The previous owner f'd the tweeters up good...but they still sound ok but they're really trashed. I hope to replace those tweeters some day. The other KEF Coda is behind some other stuff at the moment. :s
    3yqaete47mxo.png
    d2v5i13vda4x.png
    I got these home-made bookies at a yard-sale for 5.00 pr. I gave her 20.00 because I knew how nice these are. These look like Drews new PMC's in size. The bases are attached to the bottom of the bookies. You can see the 5-ways on the bottom of the back on the pedestal. They sound pretty darn good too, but one tweeter sounds just a little funny.
    p35xa90aorpb.png
    ceqc4enet37z.png
    pydjwdk9lrn1.png
    zlrmbsvt9xbg.png

• Tony M
    Options
    My walkway got a lot tighter tonight. But it has to be done! ;) I'll have to move these speakers and other things to get a big path to replace the A/C.
    zemxd1mo0lyy.png
    3 boxes of stupid VHS tapes. :s They weigh a ton too.
    zbxfvozaio7o.png
    The other KEF in the back.
    dpz8urmnnfq1.png
    A great shot of part of my older CD collection. There's a lot more to the right and then that cool tower of relaxation Cds.
    we6wkcv1t9da.png
    om295d2fzsuq.png
    Found this GEM putting some Cds back into one of the racks below it. I had to pull it out and will play it on the Tritons for thrills. :pB):D
    cwd2h1hci43c.png
    03n5b87wcmy8.png
    There's a warning at the bottom stating speakers might blow up due to some dynamic musical portions that start soft but then blast a loud passage of bass. :D
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    I have that Time Warp CD too.
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Going back to the front door.
    isitrbu3ucs9.png
    This area still needs to be organized badly. There's a stereo rack right in the middle of the pic. in there with not much on it. I plan on putting some fine stereo stuff on it like the Pioneer Elite receiver and DVD player plus other units of course. ;)
    aoscu9rwj67o.png
    The other half of a hoard. Some very nice Pinnacle Gold 8" woofer towers in there. ;)
    auwat9lwsz7o.png
    Space, the final frontier...
    u3xcsmtvkyan.png
    b9w8lqhpupc1.png
    There is a Masonite or Medite ( it's a very hard composite of plastic and sawdust looking texture) stereo rack shelving unit shelves leaning on the right. I want to assemble it tomorrow to put some electronic units on it to get them from under the table and from in front of the A/C unit too. The back support rack with the cut-outs is by the front door behind my rack of Adcom 555IIs and older NAD system.

• Tony M
    Options
    Here is an area I've been working on also. Those 460 CDs in front of that window used to be on the shelves in the far bookcase. The Pioneers and other stuff are in the nearest bookcase.
    q0bv8p1o8d1c.png
    I want to put these somewhere else so I can see around the room but I haven't thought of where just yet.
    zb1avwqh4ey3.png
    My path to the space as of tonight before I came in. Kind-of tight isn't it!
    lwy9er1fkddb.png
    The main support section to those Masonite stereo stand shelves is just behind that Oriental bowl.
    gdp5uux46xlp.png
    dd6zy79fku4f.png
    n3x6t4xsk3f7.png
    More spaces to utilize. The 3 boxes of cassettes are on that one shelf stacked on top of one another. I haven't had space on these shelves in 2 years probably. I'm getting there!
    mcc8at8a149u.png
    a6o7ilfg5i44.png

That's all I did today in pics. for todays progress. ;)

I hope I didn't overload your senses of claustrophobia or OCD on cleanliness.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    YIKES!! That reminds me of my best friend's place that was left mostly to me after he passed several years ago. I do not envy you trying to sort through all that. It took me several years of selling and gifting truckloads of gear and dump and scrap yard runs (400lbs of audio transformers) to get to the bottom of it. What it did do is make me determined to never ever do that to anyone when it comes my time. Best of luck to you getting all that organized.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    I think we are beyond any sound treatments for the room ;)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    Options
    Haha...I like the bowfelx and dust mask. Typical of what people do with their machines and that dust mask well...
  • Tony M
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    I think we are beyond any sound treatments for the room ;)

Who needs room treatments when you can stack speakers in corners. :D:s

Years ago, there was just the right amount of speakers to absorb some bass waves and the center of the room or thereabouts sounded fantastic with home theater or the Polk SDA-SRS2's. Everybody loved how well music sounded in there. About a year ago I could sit on the couch at the tip of the pyramid with nothing in front of me to interfere with the SRS2's. An old friend said after listening to the whole album of Dark side of the moon, it was the best he had ever heard that album anywhere in his 36 years of life. That's a testimony to the SRS2's and that NAD integrated and the Ultech 100 Cd player and Master Audio Cd that a forum member told us was on sale years ago and I went and bought one. It does sound NICE.

Sorry for the memory rant. ;)
  • Tony M
    Options
    YIKES!! That reminds me of my best friend's place that was left mostly to me after he passed several years ago. I do not envy you trying to sort through all that. It took me several years of selling and gifting truckloads of gear and dump and scrap yard runs (400lbs of audio transformers) to get to the bottom of it. What it did do is make me determined to never ever do that to anyone when it comes my time. Best of luck to you getting all that organized.

I took the past 2 years to focus on getting this house and yard in shape in case the worst happens because my wife wouldn't be able to do it and it needed to be done in a bad way. I did what I could through the bad years and did just ok. But I def. got behind.

During the bad years I collected here and there and it slowly grew to be a larger collection than I ever had before.

But if the bad happens soon, my wife and step-daughter will surely give stuff away FAST. At least they won't have to pay somebody to paint the outside and inside of this house or the cottage either. There's a good 15 more years before maintenance of our house and yard will be really needed.

I also was doing GREAT with getting back to normal and WHAM...July 4th of last year I got really struck down with something...spazzing thyroid maybe, and it took 1 month to get better. Then 2 more months ( it was too hot for me try and be physical and hot after what I just went through) to be able to go out and try to finish painting the house and cottage. I'm ALMOST done now though.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and well wishing I'm receiving. It really helps more than you all can know. ;)<3
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Man, that's a lot of gear. I'll admit to having a few extra pieces in storage, but imagine what kind of gear you could have if you sold most of what you have & put the proceeds toward it.
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I've thought hard about it the past 6 months plenty of times and also over the years. As I reorganize, I feel an attraction to some of these rare speakers. I know I have some super gem towers also that most people would love to be their ONLY speakers. I have to get it into my mind to sell these lower class gems to aquire a GEM of an amplifier and Pre-amp to match it. I'm def. forcing that philosophy into my thinking quite often!

I have to get my A/C switched out first because that is weighing heavily on my mind more than almost anything now. I also want to clear off my front porch to the cottage to show/ audition items that I'll be selling. Tring not to let people see what's inside if I can help it. That's my plans to get this clearing plan going. The porch is in the shade until about 4:00PM everyday in the spring and summer. I hope to have their things playing when people pull up to the cottage to look at what they want to buy. :p:)

I'm taking pictures to show you all and will also use them to advertise in my local Craig's list soon.

A Parasound A21+ comes to the top of the list. And maybe a Parasound Pre-amp too.
    https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/parasound-a21-amplifier/
    na8ltt301777.png