Sounds better in Mono

Oops...no better place to put this thread, but what vinyl do you have that sounds better in mono...with a proper mono cartridge???
42oylnj8aod5.jpg
Played with an AT-Mono3/LP high-ish output moving coil cartridge.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Pretty much anything early Beatles. Even the stereo releases sound better in mono.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Adding this:
    2dt4zm49ic3m.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    rmmdh2vhllp4.jpg

Pet Sounds 1966 Mono LP Capitol Records T-2458

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited March 2019
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Oops...no better place to put this thread, but what vinyl do you have that sounds better in mono...with a proper mono cartridge???
    42oylnj8aod5.jpg
    Played with an AT-Mono3/LP high-ish output moving coil cartridge.

I went to a Friday yard sale today and only bought a few things.

I did buy 2 Cds
    The double Cd of Woodstock

And the CD of your album. :D I don't think it's a mono version though. Maybe it is...

How cool is that?! :p

When the guy said that Cd was a good one, I said yea...it has to be if it has "House of the Rising Sun" to start things off.

His wife jumped up and said with excitement...That's the song we were trying to remember at that party the other night! :p

I asked, do you want it back? She said oh no, that's alright. You enjoy it.

I almost played it today but just had the TV on with a couple movies playing on cable while I re-organized some more out in the cottage.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Very coincidental @Tony M! Now imagine it on vinyl with a mono playback B)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited March 2019
    I would love to hear HOTRSun on vinyl! B)

How does mono sound on SDAs? :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Tony M wrote: »
    How does mono sound on SDAs? :)

Sounds like regular stereo
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Have ? and the Mysterians where 96 Tears is on the disk in both the mono and stereo versions. Can definitely hear a difference. This happens to be a song that recorded in both mono and stereo formats.

The stereo version sounds much better playing through 2-channels compared to the mono version, for what ever it’s worth