Sounds better in Mono

Oops...no better place to put this thread, but what vinyl do you have that sounds better in mono...with a proper mono cartridge???
42oylnj8aod5.jpg
Played with an AT-Mono3/LP high-ish output moving coil cartridge.
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,819
    Pretty much anything early Beatles. Even the stereo releases sound better in mono.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 854
    Adding this:
    2dt4zm49ic3m.jpg
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,418
    rmmdh2vhllp4.jpg

Pet Sounds 1966 Mono LP Capitol Records T-2458

• Tony MTony M Posts: 8,274
    edited March 16
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Oops...no better place to put this thread, but what vinyl do you have that sounds better in mono...with a proper mono cartridge???
    42oylnj8aod5.jpg
    Played with an AT-Mono3/LP high-ish output moving coil cartridge.

I went to a Friday yard sale today and only bought a few things.

I did buy 2 Cds
    The double Cd of Woodstock

And the CD of your album. :D I don't think it's a mono version though. Maybe it is...

How cool is that?! :p

When the guy said that Cd was a good one, I said yea...it has to be if it has "House of the Rising Sun" to start things off.

His wife jumped up and said with excitement...That's the song we were trying to remember at that party the other night! :p

I asked, do you want it back? She said oh no, that's alright. You enjoy it.

I almost played it today but just had the TV on with a couple movies playing on cable while I re-organized some more out in the cottage.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 854
    Very coincidental @Tony M! Now imagine it on vinyl with a mono playback B)

• Tony MTony M Posts: 8,274
    edited March 16
    I would love to hear HOTRSun on vinyl! B)

How does mono sound on SDAs? :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,270
    Tony M wrote: »
    How does mono sound on SDAs? :)

Sounds like regular stereo
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • rpf65rpf65 Posts: 2,028
    Have ? and the Mysterians where 96 Tears is on the disk in both the mono and stereo versions. Can definitely hear a difference. This happens to be a song that recorded in both mono and stereo formats.

The stereo version sounds much better playing through 2-channels compared to the mono version, for what ever it’s worth