Norah Jones live from austin

This vinyl record from 2007 ACL has been sold out forever. Scalper prices for $150-$200 for unopened new ones. So I bought a used one for $75. A *5* STAR performance and a 5 Star recording. So glad I bought this, it's Just Heavenly.bwocq6efftib.jpg

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    edited March 2019
    Always nice to come across a reasonable opportunity on some of the rare albums when you're used to seeing high asking prices for a while.

I get a little tired seeing the same notifications from Discogs with a rare item from my Want List with a label stating "Good Deal!"

Sorry Discogs, 190 Euros isn't quite Good Deal enough :)

Side note: I just learned that Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar's daughter. Did you guys know this?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited March 2019
    I think it is pretty much common knowledge to Nora's fans that she is Ravi's daughter.

I am a fan.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Haha, damn, I had no idea! I can't call myself a huge fan, and only heard some of her stuff here and there.
    I disabled signatures.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I have Live In New Orleans DVD from 2002 (House of Blues) - very enjoyable. One of my favorite SACDs is Come Away With Me. They were very inexpensive not sure about now. I have several other of her CDs but no other SACDs and Come Away With Me is special.

g3f613g80bl0.jpeg
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Great addition to your vinyl collection enjoy. I'm a huge Nora fan.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Ducati Guy
    Ducati Guy Posts: 160
    do you guys know what month her new album is coming out this year?
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    msg wrote: »
    Side note: I just learned that Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar's daughter. Did you guys know this?!?

Yes, I did. It's an interesting factoid for sure. Ravi Shankar's performance at The Monterey Pop Festival is one of the best performances of all time, IMO.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Got the SACD box set in the mail yesterday and what I've listened to so far is fantastic.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Great addition to your vinyl collection enjoy. I'm a huge Nora fan.
    Really??? :p Sorry, man...couldn't resist. I meant to buy Come Away with Me as my first Norah record, but accidentally bought Not Too Late instead. There are some really challenging phono passages on Not Too Late. I think it's probably a mastering error, but can usually be tamed with a very fine stylus. If you want a challenge, give it a spin.

One of my favorite songs on that album is "Sinkin' Soon", with that cool trombone part. The story is they couldn't play the entire song initially in the studio, so went out for dinner and beers, came back, and nailed it on the first take. She said, "I guess we needed a little bit of that drunken sailor vibe."
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon