B&K AV 125.7 or Aragon 2007

CH46E
CH46E Posts: 3,521
edited February 2019 in 2 Channel Audio
I am picking up the B&K from a co worker tomorrow. Was wondering what people might have to say about this amp.

Good. Bad and ugly.

I will start with it in 2 channel and see if I like it better than the Parasound 2250 v2. If I like it I may use it to power the whole 7.2 system. It would be fed off a Yamaha Aventage RXA1050 (best reciever I have owned and I love it).

Right now the Yammy is powering the surrounds and overhead Atmos speakers. Have an Adcom bridged on the center and the mains on the Parasound.

Saving some space with 1 amp vs 3 would be a bonus.

There is also a Aragon 2007 local for sale. Any input on this one?

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited February 2019
    Aragon is a great brand and great amp.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    The 125.7 is an excellent amp. What are you paying for it?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • CH46E
    mantis wrote: »
    The 125.7 is an excellent amp. What are you paying for it?

I'm only giving it a trial to see if I like it. If I do we will talk about price. He seems a little hesitant though.
  • CH46E
    Listening to this B&K and have to say this is a nice amp. Imaging is fantastic.

I'm going to have to look for one to buy now. My co worker said he wont sell it. :(
  • EndersShadow
    He’s smart :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • CH46E
    edited March 2019
    This thing runs hot as schitt! Is that normal? I'm seeing temps as high as 162 degrees! Wth? Is this thing pure Class A or what?
  • CH46E
    edited March 2019
    And this is is the open under a ceiling fan with nothing on top. And at TV volumes.
  • EndersShadow
    Dont think mine (200.5) ever runs that hot. I do have a cooling fan on top of it, more for my piece of mind that needed.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    CH46E wrote: »
    This thing runs hot as schitt! Is that normal? I'm seeing temps as high as 162 degrees! Wth? Is this thing pure Class A or what?

That's not right. I have both the M200's and the AVR 307 and even driving them hard I can put my hand on the cooling ribs.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus