WTB cheap :) working HDCD-compatible CD player

I have a fair number of "HDCD" CDs but not a single player that can play HDCDs as such. I'd like to hear some HDCD CDs as HDCD; so I am looking for such a player.
It needs to be working and it needs to be cheap (including shipping, which I realize isn't particularly cheap any more!).

Let me know by PM if you have one that you'd be interesting in selling and your asking price.
Hoping to do business with a well established Polk Forums denizen (i.e., no newbies, please).

Thanks for your consideration!

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited March 2019
    So wait, just so I understand: you want a machine in which to place those shiny silver disks?!? To actually listen to?!? And they are not even standard shiny disks?!? I am bewildered...and own nothing of the sort. My apologies...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Oh, got several gizmos that can spin those little polycarbonate disks discs. In fact, I took an inventory last week, to see if I had one that would play HDCDs -- and I came up empty :p Crazy, huh?

@clipdat; thanks for the PM. Replied to.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @Clipdat tell me what ya got. I may be in the market for one
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Rotel RCD-1072
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    edited March 2019
    Look for an Oppo 83 or 93, good value, great sound and plays red book, HDCD,SACD and most rewrites. Did I say it sounds good! 250/-400.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    Found one locally so I am all set; thanks, folks!

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited March 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Cant leave it at that bro..... whatcha get? A Rotel?
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    CH46E wrote: »

Yeah, sounds like you "found" it in someone elses house lol
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 2019
    CH46E wrote: »

yes, actually, if not ironically -- I have the model number in an e-mail but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

Won't cross paths with its current owner for a couple of weeks yet -- he actually has a few items from my hifi lending library to return, so we need to do a prisoner exchange of sorts... well, I guess not an exchange, as much as a drop. :#