WTB cheap :) working HDCD-compatible CD player

I have a fair number of "HDCD" CDs but not a single player that can play HDCDs as such. I'd like to hear some HDCD CDs as HDCD; so I am looking for such a player.
It needs to be working and it needs to be cheap (including shipping, which I realize isn't particularly cheap any more!).

Let me know by PM if you have one that you'd be interesting in selling and your asking price.
Hoping to do business with a well established Polk Forums denizen (i.e., no newbies, please).

Thanks for your consideration!

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,217
    PM'd
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,247
    edited March 6
    So wait, just so I understand: you want a machine in which to place those shiny silver disks?!? To actually listen to?!? And they are not even standard shiny disks?!? I am bewildered...and own nothing of the sort. My apologies...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,246
    Oh, got several gizmos that can spin those little polycarbonate disks discs. In fact, I took an inventory last week, to see if I had one that would play HDCDs -- and I came up empty :p Crazy, huh?

@clipdat; thanks for the PM. Replied to.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,269
    @Clipdat tell me what ya got. I may be in the market for one
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,217
    Rotel RCD-1072
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • soundfreak1soundfreak1 Posts: 2,829
    edited March 8
    Look for an Oppo 83 or 93, good value, great sound and plays red book, HDCD,SACD and most rewrites. Did I say it sounds good! 250/-400.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
    Found one locally so I am all set; thanks, folks!

• CH46ECH46E Posts: 951
    edited March 15
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Cant leave it at that bro..... whatcha get? A Rotel?
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,269
    CH46E wrote: »

Yeah, sounds like you "found" it in someone elses house lol
    edited March 15
    CH46E wrote: »

yes, actually, if not ironically -- I have the model number in an e-mail but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

Won't cross paths with its current owner for a couple of weeks yet -- he actually has a few items from my hifi lending library to return, so we need to do a prisoner exchange of sorts... well, I guess not an exchange, as much as a drop. :#