Hi turned my system on one day and zero sound. Changed my a/v unit..zero sound I have rti12s. Please

I have rti12s.switched my a/v from upstairs and no sound. Any suggestions on what this could be? I had a Denon 3300 hooked up. Any way to test the speakers b4 I go out and buy a new a/v unit? (Denonx3500h) thanks

Answers

• Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Any other source to test them?

Those are power hungry speakers. How loud do they get play? That 3300 will not have the power to drive them properly and will damage the unit or the speakers (any teenagers in the house). You will need an external amp even with the new AVR.

But my guess will be the A/V, some others will come in with more advice for sure.

I do have the 12s and i use a Pioneer SC-99 and I still use an external amp for them.

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Hey,any suggestions on amps? I must admit, I'm new and dont want to make costly uneducated decisions. I know there is diffrent types of amps. Could you give some advise about what I can use with my denon3500h? Thanks
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited March 2019
    Did you hit the REC. OUT button while moving it while it was on?

What are you listening for? FM, CD, DVD...what?

Also, you moved the upstairs unit down to the RTi12s. What speakers were you using upstairs? Can you bring one downstairs and hook the wires to the test speaker for each channel?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony m yes I did. I think I tried everything.... I feel like an idiot.
  • Tony M
    So is there sound now?
  • No sound I switched out with a old school reciever and heard some hiss very low. But that's it. Everyone says I need a amp along with my new avr. Any advice on amps?
  • Tony M ...thank you for taking the time to help out. I'm just starting to get back into my audio because I do not like home theater in a box set ups. However, so much has changed over the yrs. I feel like an infant.. lol
  • Tony M
    I think you need to find out if your speakers are working properly before buying a new amp.
  • Tony M...yes I think you are correct.thank you.