Dishwasher?? Best to buy??

I am in need of a new dishwasher, looking for suggestions, anyone??

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Bosch is my favorite. LG is a good brand too.

Don't buy a Samsung. Purchased a Samsung with the waterfall feature. Did not install the Samsung and waited for a Bosch a week later. The installer from BBuy asked if wanted the Samsung installed. He mentioned many were returned. Found same info at HD.

Learned about the LG brand when top of line Samsung washer and dryer were sent back.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    edited March 2019
    I was looking at the 500 series online, looks nice..
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Kitchen Aid has been good to us. Bosch has issues with drying plastic because it does not conduct heat. That was a deal killer for us.

The kitchen aid to get is the one with the multi-arm base wash jets with the pro rinse along the sides and the water bottle jets up on the second level plus get one with a third rack.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    This is the one we have.

I am sure they have a kitchen aid that’s even better than mine.

https://www.nfm.com/kitchenaid-built-in-dishwasher-with-prodry-option
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    I love our Bosch. Agree with Joey about the plastic to a small extent, but overall, it's quiet and efficient. Cleans very well on the 30 min. cycle.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    Mine works well!

to9c5v8ynzg5.jpeg

But.... Does she make sammiches?....
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    In 20 years at Lowe’s, nothing beat Bosch for longevity and customer satisfaction. I have had two in the last 15 years (we moved and left our first one) and not a single problem with either. A little spendy up front, but well worth it.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    We have an LG with 3 racks. There is no drying element in it and it uses the heat it produces to dry. It does a decent job of drying a bit of water on top of mugs and cups with a little lip. But otherwise it does a great job of washing. I will admit the 3 hr wash time is long when we use the auto setting and high temp. But running it at night while we sleep makes that a non issue.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Joey_V wrote: »
    This is the one we have.

I am sure they have a kitchen aid that’s even better than mine.

https://www.nfm.com/kitchenaid-built-in-dishwasher-with-prodry-option

This is a nice one, my sister in-law has this model. I have had all KA appliances for the last 25 years, not a problem with any of them. Can't say that about too many brands today.

The Bosch mentioned is also nice, very good rep on them as well.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Bosch or Kitchenid are both very good. Bosch may have issues with plate sizes etc., but I think they now make more "American" ones. I personally have a Kitchenaid. It is extremely quiet. Only one small note, at one point in its "Pro" cycle it produces some quiet near sub sonic noise for a short while. I have heard some Bosch do the same. You have to be in the right spot(s) to hear it though.

I like the sani-wash/rinse, 1 hour wash, and top rack only functions. I never thought I would use the top rack only much, but its great for a quick light load.
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    We just bought a new Bosch 800 Series about a month ago. It's great. Washes much better than the Maytag it replaced. It's so quiet that my wife has a problem opening it while it's running.
  • Easy Runnin
    Easy Runnin Posts: 501
    Miele
    HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I had a Bosch and an ASKO... Returned them both for a KitchenAid which is what I wanted in the first place but was talked out of it by my friend who managed an appliance store.

Both the ASKO and the Bosch (premium brands) failed in the first 30 days (And I don't run it every day).

The ASKO repair company said I the part I needed was on back order for at least 30 days. I de -installed it and had the KitchenAid the next day.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    don't get a two-legged one, it might run off with your house and the pool boy.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    A four legged house keeper may be better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztO-OvzRyg
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    Mine works well!

to9c5v8ynzg5.jpeg

Question is, how hot does she get and does she clean up well.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Have used or kitchenaid daily for the last year, quiet and cleans well
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited March 2019
    Haven't used one since leaving Moms in the mid 70's......well we do use them for storage :) I cook and she cleans, takes maybe 5 minutes to actually wash the old fashioned way only 2 of us so works out just fine.BOSCH is what my son has been using for years and they love it
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    When we built our previous home we had KitchenAid's installed in both kitchens (we had separate living spaces for us and my parents) . Never a single issue in 10 yrs with either of them.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    So we ended up with a Bosch 800 series, I installed it today but have yet to run it, looks very nice, and I expect it to run very nice considering what we paid for it..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    Larry, are you aware there is no heating element? Drying takes much longer than those with a heating element.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Bosch. I had a Kitchenaid and hated it.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    Just throwing this out. My Whirlpool does a great job cleaning and has been trouble free for over 15 years.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Whirlpool. Great price on Amazon. $329.00. Installed myself. Very easy to install. Been great for eight years. Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited March 2019
    What’s the budget? If looser than most, you will NOT beat a Miele. We have had Kitchenaid, Bosch and Maytag. Some of the best “rated”, but nothing is quieter and cleans more efficiently with the best tech than our Miele. Not cheap. But we run ours two to three times a day and it’s a beast.
    Post edited by joecoulson on
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    So we ended up with a Bosch 800 series, I installed it today but have yet to run it, looks very nice, and I expect it to run very nice considering what we paid for it..

Good choice! We are getting a Bosch 800 series for our new to us home in Colorado. Bosch dominates the Consumer Reports ratings and are the quietest dishwashers on the market. The one we are ordering is rated at just 39 decibels! Sure, lots of folks have great results with other brands, but I have to trust the CR ratings since they show Bosch at the top, far above the others in reliability. I don't want to have to ever buy another dishwasher after this one, so I'm going with the better odds of the Bosch.

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited March 2019
    Miele’s run about 36-38db FWIW