Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    ^^^LOLOL
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    oldrocker wrote: »
    It was just awful, a neighbor saw what had happened, got me to stop running and quit pulling to get it to let go, he got it off of me. He took me to the Doc's with the snake in a bucket.

Dr. Kindell was our small town Doc and he was pissed over the whole thing.
    Thankfully it wasn't venomous so he just cleaned the bites and put on some band aids.

Been skittish of em ever since.
    Man. So it was clamped on there at the end? Yeah, I had no idea what a snake would do in a situation like that, whether bite and hold or keep biting you repeatedly. Doc Kindell sounds like the kind of man who had his hands full enough without the foolery of kids. I imagine that'd be traumatic for anyone, but especially for a kid.
    I could have got some as a few years back I did see this guy again as he was dropping off his grandson at the Dojo where me and my Daughter used to train, he brought up the whole thing but didn't appear to be making any jokes over it.
    Did he ever apologize?

I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    huk49yavu3l8.png
    I thought that this one was a tire that someone dumped when I rolled up on him. He popped like a tire when I ran over him. I used to leave them alone until I was hunting with my buddy and I said "look at what I almost stepped on" he came over and dispatched it toot sweet. I said why you do that? He said "that's one rattler that won't bite me. I kill em on sight now and they wash down to my back door in the spring when I start the sprinklers. Some hippie chick biologist at work told me the mutants without rattles are getting pretty common now because dumb asses only kill the ones with rattles. I used to use my snake stick to provoke them to strike and get a pic, surprise when you grab your camera that is already zoomed in lol. I damn near jumped out of my skin! I have had the pleasure of saying "howdy" to Sidewinders, Mojave greens and Western diamondbacks all in the same day. That fella in the pic is a Pacific. I sort of don't mind the Scorpions and Tarantulas, I used to let the Tarantulas walk up my arm. Very scary when they get past your elbow.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • afterburnt
    If you know that sound it will make your blood curdle just like their hemotoxin. BTW them Mojaves have both Hemotoxin and Neurotoxin fun. They are the most common.
  • msg
    man, crazy bits in that clip.

I liked that closing clip with the slo-mo of the rattlesnake coiling, presumably, for a strike. Fascinating, but glad to be on this side of the screen.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Badger badger badger

Mushroom mushroom
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    msg wrote: »
    It was just awful, a neighbor saw what had happened, got me to stop running and quit pulling to get it to let go, he got it off of me. He took me to the Doc's with the snake in a bucket.

Dr. Kindell was our small town Doc and he was pissed over the whole thing.
    Thankfully it wasn't venomous so he just cleaned the bites and put on some band aids.

Been skittish of em ever since.
    Man. So it was clamped on there at the end? Yeah, I had no idea what a snake would do in a situation like that, whether bite and hold or keep biting you repeatedly. Doc Kindell sounds like the kind of man who had his hands full enough without the foolery of kids. I imagine that'd be traumatic for anyone, but especially for a kid.
    I could have got some as a few years back I did see this guy again as he was dropping off his grandson at the Dojo where me and my Daughter used to train, he brought up the whole thing but didn't appear to be making any jokes over it.
    Did he ever apologize?

He didn't come right out and say he was sorry but he seemed to show some guilt when he mentioned it.

It bit me 3 times, it was hanging onto my shoulder when the neighbor took over.

Good ole Doc K. apparently he also spoke to the guys parents after my Mom voiced her opinion to them >:)
  • Mikey081057

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • CoolJazz
    CoolJazz Posts: 569
    A guy I found hanging around a work site a couple years ago.

CJ
    A so called science type proudly says... "I do realize that I would fool myself all the time, about listening conclusions and many other observations, if I did listen before buying. That’s why I don’t, I bought all of my current gear based on technical parameters alone, such as specs and measurements."
  • Mikey081057
    He'll leave an impression on you.

• Mikey081057

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Is a mongoose immune to the black mamba's venom?

That mongoose was chewing on the poison glands! :o

I thought their venom is SUPER poisonous and a neuro toxin if it gets in mucus membranes.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Tony M wrote: »
    Is a mongoose immune to the black mamba's venom?

That mongoose was chewing on the poison glands! :o

I thought their venom is SUPER poisonous and a neuro toxin if it gets in mucus membranes.

I do not believe they are completely immune to the poison. They're super poisonous and yes very much a neuro toxin
  • msg
    edited March 2019
    Jeez, Mike, that video with the Jack Russel was a little nerve racking. I kept waiting for the snake to hit it. Gotta wonder how the hell something like that even happens - Jack Russell and a cobra in a back yard?

2:43 on the Mongoose vid
    Mongoose: [Walks up, gets in snake's face]: "Are you no deed yet?"
    [bite bite bite. rest.]

Snake: "Owt Owt Owt! Alright, Alright! WTF man! Quit it!"

Mongoose: [bite bite bite]

wj14k17g1cnh.png

I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    You can drink snake venom unless you have a cavity or a cut in your mouth, it has to get into your bloodstream.
  • Mikey081057
    afterburnt wrote: »
    You can drink snake venom unless you have a cavity or a cut in your mouth, it has to get into your bloodstream.

I'm still not going to drink snake venom!

• msg
    I've really been meaning to try this. What if you have an stomach ulcer? Would that be unsafe?
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    With all the rain in SoCal this year we are going to have a snake problem soon.

Coyote's have eaten all the stray cats. No cats around there are lots of rodents. Snakes love rodents. Neighbors and I are doing what we can about the rodents but we can only do so much.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Tony M
    msg wrote: »
    I've really been meaning to try this. What if you have an stomach ulcer? Would that be unsafe?

I don't think a person would want to experience that unlikely scenario. :s:#:'(
  • Tony M
    edited March 2019
    mrloren wrote: »

Coyote's have eaten all the stray cats. No cats around there are lots of rodents. Snakes love rodents. Neighbors and I are doing what we can about the rodents but we can only do so much.

I hear ya. Cats are the ultimate rodents' nightmares! >:)

I had a few rodents take up living under my house this past summer. Talk about freakin out!

I bought a ton of Black Cat traps and they pretty much suck.

They did have a snap trap for rats and it's like a bear trap. I bought it when the reg. traps were getting snapped and the peanut butter liked clean and no rodent either. That thing disappeared the first night. It worked on something. I don't know what was the unlucky animal that got that thing stuck on it's nose or whatever but it had to hurt REAL bad.

I should've nailed it to a big board and put a small cover over it so a cat or other animal wouldn't get it's nose smashed to H**L. I never bought another one of those rodent bear traps for fear that our neibors cat would get injured. It showed up right after the big trap disappeared.

That cat STILL patrols our yard and another 2 yards at least. It's HUGE too!.

The real trap was when our neighbors' cat spotted them and that cat would crouch down low and wait...and wait...and wait and then POW. One down, 3 more to go. It took about 2 weeks before it killed the 4 of them.

On the news this morning I saw we have coyotes on Carolina Beach now. The news said let them be and told people to watch their trash cans and outdoor pet food bowls. But the coyotes had to have crossed a huge bridge to get over to the island. Or they swam but the currant is fast under that bridge. There used to be a lot of deer on that island but coyotes now? WOW! :o

I've seen red foxes around here every 10 years or so. That was cool.

• afterburnt
    Tony M wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »

I hear ya. Cats are the ultimate rodents' nightmares! >:)

I had a few rodents take up living under my house this past summer. Talk about freakin out!

I bought a ton of Black Cat traps and they pretty much suck.

They did have a snap trap for rats and it's like a bear trap. I bought it when the reg. traps were getting snapped and the peanut butter liked clean and no rodent either. That thing disappeared the first night. It worked on something. I don't know what was the unlucky animal that got that thing stuck on it's nose or whatever but it had to hurt REAL bad.

I should've nailed it to a big board and put a small cover over it so a cat or other animal wouldn't get it's nose smashed to H**L. I never bought another one of those rodent bear traps for fear that our neibors cat would get injured. It showed up right after the big trap disappeared.

That cat STILL patrols our yard and another 2 yards at least. It's HUGE too!.

The real trap was when our neighbors' cat spotted them and that cat would crouch down low and wait...and wait...and wait and then POW. One down, 3 more to go. It took about 2 weeks before it killed the 4 of them.

On the news this morning I saw we have coyotes on Carolina Beach now. The news said let them be and told people to watch their trash cans and outdoor pet food bowls. But the coyotes had to have crossed a huge bridge to get over to the island. Or they swam but the currant is fast under that bridge. There used to be a lot of deer on that island but coyotes now? WOW! :o

I've seen red foxes around here every 10 years or so. That was cool.

Yeah tell it to my cats, all they do is smoke weed and play video games. I can't wait till they are 30 so I can throw them out.
  • Tony M
    That's funny right there! ^^^^^^^^^^^^ :D