Omni Soundbar Volume Fluctuations

Anyone know why my soundbar is dropping the volume level to nearly muted on ALL audio except for the actual shows themselves we watch on DirecTV? Commericials, show previews, etc are all muted terribly bad and I don't know why. Has nothing to do with my TV sound settings either and it didn't do this with the previous Sound Bar we had that we replaced with the Omni. Plus I am ALWAYS having to adjust the center channel volume as shows and movies fluctuate a ton. Not real happy with the OMNI compared to the much cheaper Vizio SB we had that we replaced with the Omni.

Comments

• Mine does the same thing. Sent email to customer support and got no response. I’m so irritated for wasting so much money on this piece of junk.
  • joesephK
    joesephK Posts: 50
    edited March 2019
    I had same issue with magnifi sound bar and i switched my cable box from Dolby to PCM output and now everything sounds fine. I think it is the broadcasts themselves bc I think other products have this issue
  • I have the soundbar with Alexa ECHO built in. Mine seems to drop 1 sound channel at times. I am a NASCAR fan and discovered that the channel used for the radio communications is the same one that drops to virtually nothing on other channels as well. The frustration is that when you raise the volume to hear the lower sound, when the other channel is used OMG it is so loud. I have disconnected the soundbar and the sound from the TV is fine from both TV speakers and the sound level remains constant when switching between program channels on the TV.
    I have the HDMI cable connected to the HDMI ARC on the sound bar and the HDMI ARC on the TV.
    Anyone have a suggestion as to why this is happening and possibly a solution?
    I like the soundbar sound, just totally upset with the volume issues between channels.
  • joesephK
    joesephK Posts: 50
    short55w1 wrote: »
    I have the soundbar with Alexa ECHO built in. Mine seems to drop 1 sound channel at times. I am a NASCAR fan and discovered that the channel used for the radio communications is the same one that drops to virtually nothing on other channels as well. The frustration is that when you raise the volume to hear the lower sound, when the other channel is used OMG it is so loud. I have disconnected the soundbar and the sound from the TV is fine from both TV speakers and the sound level remains constant when switching between program channels on the TV.
    I have the HDMI cable connected to the HDMI ARC on the sound bar and the HDMI ARC on the TV.
    Anyone have a suggestion as to why this is happening and possibly a solution?
    I like the soundbar sound, just totally upset with the volume issues between channels.

try switching your set top box to output PCM instead of Dolby
  • Our Polk Cinema Soundbar keeps cutting in and out and sometimes sounds like it's under water. We did a factory reset and it's better but still cuts out some. Any suggestions?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    Not sure, I'll ask a friend at Polk what might be happening.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    Which model soundbar do you have?