Somebody say "McIntosh lifestyle products"?

2»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Oh VPI. Nice play on words there! Dancing and skirting around the Made in China elephant in the room!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I could deal with the Made in China elephant but VPI also turns a deaf ear to some well documented problems involving emi interference on my bud's tt. To me that's a fair amount of money sitting there looking nice but pretty much unusable unless you don't mind a very annoying hum.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    I got an overnight (!) e-mail response from VPI. It was a typo, and it's been fixed already :)

gczk2kvpj8z0.png
  • Clipdat
    Well, glad we got that sorted out.

Back to the goiter turntable, McIntosh states on their FB page that: "They are made right here in our Binghamton, NY factory."
  • mhardy6647
    yes, but speculation in the trenches is running rampant 'cause of those Magic Marker "edits" on the boxes :|
  • Clipdat
    Yep, I agree. Makes no sense of why that part of the box would be censored like that, unless they have something to hide.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Yep, I agree. Makes no sense of why that part of the box would be censored like that, unless they have something to hide.
    Just playing devil's advocate - they could have had a typo on the box. Like a misspelling or something.

But it does still certainly seem odd.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    erniejade wrote: »
    Its the console of 2019. Bring your own wood.

^ ^ ^ ^
    | | | |
    | | | |
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • mhardy6647
    yeah, but there are folks already selling lifestyle consoles!

I don't think Mac ever got into the console thing at any level -- come to think of it.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    yeah, but there are folks already selling lifestyle consoles!

I don't think Mac ever got into the console thing at any level -- come to think of it.

They never made consoles, themselves, but did supply components to companies that made bespoke consoles.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2019
    ... and... yet another entry into the goofy vinyl lifestyle* product arena.

http://www.yankodesign.com/2019/02/08/a-record-player-thats-fit-for-the-modern-day/

w0allxkofmg8.png
    dvo28onsq29m.png
    pb2ugepzkpvv.png

as seen at:
    https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/new-bang-olafson-beofusion.4510/

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    How the heck do the isolate that enough so it doesn't get feedback or a hum?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2019
    How the heck do the isolate that enough so it doesn't get feedback or a hum?

Same way they did back in the old days :)

oaqqwbe7rmjx.png

Hum shouldn't be a problem per se.

I would think that in 2019 it would be possible to
    use DSP to generate out of phase data in real time to cancel out feedback, or maybe some sort of sophisticated notch filters -- the typical 21st Century brute force, high tech way to solve a problem created by poor design. B)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Whoa. These look interesting! :smile:
    yiu3q4681ezc.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2019
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    verb wrote: »
    Whoa. These look interesting! :smile:
    yiu3q4681ezc.png
    I've seen these on display at my local best buy.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    "The power is immense yet open and controlled. The clarity is spot-on. The level of bass is where it ought to be, and the balance between the top frequencies and the bottom is unbelievably sweet." - T3 Magazine
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    ... and the hits just keep on comin'.

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/new-products/RS200

139nidm37es0.png

298oz36qtjqj.png
    jarxi8kxub04.png

gsae2bsxlvsb.png

... actually, for what it is, it looks pretty nice.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    So McIntosh has a sound bar with Alexa built in? What could possibly go wrong?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    So McIntosh has a sound bar with Alexa built in? What could possibly go wrong?

I just LOL'd -- big time.

:*
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    It seems they are trying to keep up with the times but, at least they are not giving up on the true items that made them famous.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mhardy6647
    It seems they are trying to keep up with the times but, at least they are not giving up on the true items that made them famous.

The future of the brand may well depend on the success of these new products bearing the brand name.

• mhardy6647
    edited February 2019
    https://www.audiostream.com/content/mcintosh-launch-rs200-wireless-loudspeaker-system

A little bit (very little) from a third party on the aforementioned wireless Mac speaker/amp thingy.
  • motorstereo
    If you're seriously looking for one Mark there's a newly listed one for $2G's on audiogon. 1/3 off retail; that seems like a deal to me.
  • motorstereo
    Woops........ I thought you were considering a purchase.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Lifestyles? are they ribbed and in assorted colors?

I see a trademark infringement suit developing
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mhardy6647
    Just black and blue -- which I don't think would work all that well for that other lifestyle product to which you refer.

:#