Somebody say "McIntosh lifestyle products"?

2»

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,691
    Oh VPI. Nice play on words there! Dancing and skirting around the Made in China elephant in the room!
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 982
    I could deal with the Made in China elephant but VPI also turns a deaf ear to some well documented problems involving emi interference on my bud's tt. To me that's a fair amount of money sitting there looking nice but pretty much unusable unless you don't mind a very annoying hum.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,650
    I got an overnight (!) e-mail response from VPI. It was a typo, and it's been fixed already :)

gczk2kvpj8z0.png
    Well, glad we got that sorted out.

Back to the goiter turntable, McIntosh states on their FB page that: "They are made right here in our Binghamton, NY factory."
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    yes, but speculation in the trenches is running rampant 'cause of those Magic Marker "edits" on the boxes :|
    Yep, I agree. Makes no sense of why that part of the box would be censored like that, unless they have something to hide.
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Yep, I agree. Makes no sense of why that part of the box would be censored like that, unless they have something to hide.
    Just playing devil's advocate - they could have had a typo on the box. Like a misspelling or something.

But it does still certainly seem odd.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    Harman Kardon HK 3770 > JBL Studio 580 + SVS SB12-NSD or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,153
    erniejade wrote: »
    Its the console of 2019. Bring your own wood.

^ ^ ^ ^
    | | | |
    | | | |
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
    Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
    yeah, but there are folks already selling lifestyle consoles!

I don't think Mac ever got into the console thing at any level -- come to think of it.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,304
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    yeah, but there are folks already selling lifestyle consoles!

I don't think Mac ever got into the console thing at any level -- come to think of it.

They never made consoles, themselves, but did supply components to companies that made bespoke consoles.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

edited February 9
    ... and... yet another entry into the goofy vinyl lifestyle* product arena.

http://www.yankodesign.com/2019/02/08/a-record-player-thats-fit-for-the-modern-day/

w0allxkofmg8.png
    dvo28onsq29m.png
    pb2ugepzkpvv.png

as seen at:
    https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/new-bang-olafson-beofusion.4510/

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,544
    How the heck do the isolate that enough so it doesn't get feedback or a hum?
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Teac AI-3000, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

edited February 10
    How the heck do the isolate that enough so it doesn't get feedback or a hum?

Same way they did back in the old days :)

oaqqwbe7rmjx.png

Hum shouldn't be a problem per se.

I would think that in 2019 it would be possible to
    use DSP to generate out of phase data in real time to cancel out feedback, or maybe some sort of sophisticated notch filters -- the typical 21st Century brute force, high tech way to solve a problem created by poor design. B)
  • verbverb Posts: 4,801
    Whoa. These look interesting! :smile:
    yiu3q4681ezc.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    edited February 12
    It's not April First yet...

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/speakers/RS100

oh.
    my.
    stars.

• verb wrote: »
    Whoa. These look interesting! :smile:
    yiu3q4681ezc.png
    I've seen these on display at my local best buy.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    Harman Kardon HK 3770 > JBL Studio 580 + SVS SB12-NSD or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,183
    "The power is immense yet open and controlled. The clarity is spot-on. The level of bass is where it ought to be, and the balance between the top frequencies and the bottom is unbelievably sweet." - T3 Magazine
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    ... and the hits just keep on comin'.

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/new-products/RS200

139nidm37es0.png

298oz36qtjqj.png
    jarxi8kxub04.png

gsae2bsxlvsb.png

... actually, for what it is, it looks pretty nice.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,304
    So McIntosh has a sound bar with Alexa built in? What could possibly go wrong?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

So McIntosh has a sound bar with Alexa built in? What could possibly go wrong?

I just LOL'd -- big time.

:*
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,544
    It seems they are trying to keep up with the times but, at least they are not giving up on the true items that made them famous.
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Teac AI-3000, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• fastz28fastz28 Posts: 607
    oseqb4seht01.jpg
    polk 10bs--- prodigy hd2 modded Burson Audio opamps
    dcm time windows ---- parasound pre amp
    TDQ-1600 Broadcast Reference Tuner -- yamaha cd s700
    yamaha px-3 zu 103 cat2 --- audioquest ic sidewinders
    carver 1.5t--- audioquest cv-8 speaker cables
    ps audio 200cx--- ps audio phono pre amp
    sunfire sig 625 audio research sp-14
    audio research dac 7 klipsch rf -7111
    music hall Ikura carver m500t mk2 modded
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,349
    To me these products cheapen the name McIntosh spent so long building. I always viewed them as more of a no compromise high end company and these products go directly against that.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    It seems they are trying to keep up with the times but, at least they are not giving up on the true items that made them famous.

The future of the brand may well depend on the success of these new products bearing the brand name.

2»