B&K 200.7 S2

Unloading my B&K.

Here's the deal: If I place my ear about 1" I hear a very slight static, like distant rain. Honestly, I never even noticed this until I started searching online to figure out a price. I've also read a lot of comments about this being really common in B&K amps. I was a bit torn about whether to even mention the static, since it so faint. Nonetheless, I like to be super transparent about the gear I move.

I'm asking $600.

Would really prefer not to ship. I don't have a box and the last time I shipped a heavy amp with professional UPS packing it was close to $300. However, I suppose if you insist I'd be happy to discuss.

zmodztlwbdr1.jpg
Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
Polk Center: CSi A6
Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
B&K Reference 200.7
TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
Oppo BDP-103

Comments

• JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 715
    Where do you reside? PM Sent...
  • badchad
    badchad Posts: 348
    Sorry, I'm in zip code 20833.
    B&K Reference 200.7
    Oppo BDP-103
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    My b&k has the same issue. Never notice it when anything is playing.

GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 560
    My B&K does that as well, and like rooftops comment, is not at all noticable when anything is playing. That's a great price for an awesome amp.
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Have one.

Love it.

At this price, this should sell before the day’s end!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    No Joke. I paid 550 shipped for my 200.5
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Man what an awesome amp for a great price. Let's see if it sells fast, if not I got issues. I don't even need it for anything and I want to buy it. I don't even live that far away. I live right outside of Philadelphia. I could meet and pick it up.
    Man someone buy this amp before I buy it and it sits in my basement along with all the other gear I don't use.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    I’m currently running Rtis and a Denon receiver so Im assuming this would jive well and be a good upgrade? I think Id like this and am somewhat close in regards to location.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Yes it would be.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • badchad
    I thought the B&K played nicely with my RTiA's. I'm probably not as experienced as other members here, but I preferred the B&K to the Sunfire Cinema Grand. Just sounded like it had a bit more punch.
    B&K Reference 200.7
    Oppo BDP-103
  • jflail2
    I really shouldn't be doing this, but PM incoming.

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Great price on that amp. I had one of the earlier 7270 II models I biamped into a pair of SDA-SRS. Fun stuff!

Regarding the minor hiss sound, I think that's the nature and character of the Mosfet output devices used in B&K amps. That's why they sound so smooth when underway. Mine did the same thing.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    I have the same amp in my theatre room and have had other B&K amps. The slight hiss is normal. Great price.
  • jflail2
    I'll take it. PMs to finalize things incoming.

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    I have had 2 of the 5 channel offerings by B&K. They were bulletproof and improved the sound quality exponentially. If I ever go back to separates it will be my first purchase. Whoever gets this will be impressed with the quality and performance - ESPECIALLY at this price point.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • badchad
    pending sale to jflail2.
    B&K Reference 200.7
    Oppo BDP-103
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    DollarDave wrote: »
    I have the same amp in my theatre room and have had other B&K amps. The slight hiss is normal. Great price.

Hmmm. Mine are dead quiet. Is this happening on a cold start up?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • jflail2
    Nice to meet you today Chad and thanks for meeting up. Havent hooked it up yet but appears to be in mint shape. Thanks man!