Dahlquist DQ 10 speakers

pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,163
edited February 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have a nice pair of Dahlquist DQ 10 speakers for sale. Of course, local pick-up only (Amsterdam, NY), for these large and heavy speakers. These are a mirror imaged pair. The speakers have the white/beige grill cloth and the woofers have been refoamed. Each speaker lacks the rear metal grill. Stands, which are pretty rare to find with these, are also included. Speakers work fine are in pretty good cosmetic condition with some minor surface scratches here and there to the wood panels (please see pics). I bought these about 5 years ago and liked the sound but unfortunately did not have the room for them. To sound their best, these speakers require a large room and a powerful amp (I'd say 200 watts at a minimum). They really excel at imaging and detail and shine with acoustic and classical and jazz and music of that type. The speakers are located at my bookstore in Amsterdam, NY. I am asking $340 for the speakers and stands (just about what I paid for them myself), which I think is a pretty good deal (current lowest price on the bay is $500) for someone who wants to check out these legendary speakers. I know the pics are not the best so please pm me if anyone would like to see more pics. I can take some more pics the next time I go to my shop. Thanks.

ezckbrb1bwod.jpg

Post edited by pglbook on

Comments

• pglbook
    I'm trying to add more pics but am having a hard time doing so...please pm me if anyone is interested as I have 4 more pics I can share via email at present...and I can also take more pics if needed the next time I go to my shop. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    edited February 2019
    I just found my records and discovered that I actually paid around $325 for the speakers and stands so price is now reduced to $325.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    That is a great deal. I wish i was closer.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    If I was anywhere near you these would’ve been gone in a New York minute
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Great deal for someone. GLWTS.
  • pglbook
    edited February 2019
    Bump..I will also be listing these on my local CL this weekend (at a slightly higher non-Polk Forum discounted price). I wanted to offer them here first and give a PF member a great deal but I know local pick-up only (Amsterdam, NY; about 25 miles west of Albany) limits things. Thanks to all for the positive responses. If any PF member in/near upstate NY wants these...please send me a pm. I'd rather they sell here and keep them in the Polk family.
  • reverb
    reverb Posts: 67
    I have one rear grill that the buyer can have - just pay shipping.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Great deal, there is a pair on Louisville CL with loose grill cloth on the back section and they're asking $500. GLWTS
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    are you coming to nyc any time soon? I am at NY/NJ border.
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • pglbook
    edited February 2019
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Great deal, there is a pair on Louisville CL with loose grill cloth on the back section and they're asking $500. GLWTS

Thanks. The lowest I have seen DQ 10s sell for is $500 and they regularly sell for around $600 or more, especially a mirror imaged pair with stands. I'd like to give a PF member a good deal on these (I also have them listed on my local CL for more money) but I know local pickup limits potential Buyers. Thanks again.
  • pglbook
    devani wrote: »
    are you coming to nyc any time soon? I am at NY/NJ border.

Sorry, as noted in the op, these are for local pickup only. They are definitely too big to fit in my car. Thanks
  • pglbook
    edited March 2019
    The DQ 10s are now SOLD. They sold yesterday (at a higher non-Polkie price) via my local CL. Thanks.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Congrats. Wish someone here could have snagged them, but it worked out better for your wallet that no one did :D
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • pglbook
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Congrats. Wish someone here could have snagged them, but it worked out better for your wallet that no one did :D

Thanks. I was really hoping a PF member could have grabbed these but I know that local pickup limited things. I played the speakers in my shop for about an hour before the CL customer arrived on Saturday and almost felt like not selling them after all, lol, as I had forgotten how great the speakers sounded. It had been some time since I had set them up and listened to them. But, in the end, I just did not have the room for them.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288

pglbook wrote: »
    But, in the end, I just did not have the room for them.

I think a lot of us fall into this category!

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.