Oral surgery

Went in for my semi-annual dental checkup/cleaning and they found a cyst on my gums...about the size of a dime and I hadn't even noticed it. Evidently it's a tumor (benign) but they can actually grow to the point where they get behind the ocular nerve or even all the way to the brain so that they can't remove them. Anyway, I'm scheduled for this coming Tuesday and they're going to have to remove 3, maybe 4 teeth and "some bone". Depending on how much bone they remove you can end up with a cavity between your sinuses and teeth that can cause chronic sinus issues. I have never had issues with my teeth :^ / Not looking forward to this at all. Wish me luck. At least I get oxycodone, which I've found goes great with beer and weed :^ )
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    That sounds awful. Good luck. Hope it works out well.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Best of luck and God speed to you for recovery.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited February 2019
    Good luck on surgery. Enjoy the Oxy's n weed :)
    Randy/Maine
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Ha ha...thanks guys.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Good luck
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Best of luck! Get well soon!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Wishing you the best.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Get well soon.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Good luck with all that. Stay strong and take care of yourself. Keep us posted on your recovery. I hope it is speedy and with out drama .
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Good thing you went regularly and the dentist identified the growth early. I had a coworker years ago who did not catch a similar thing early and the consequences were really bad for him even though it was not cancerous.

Sinus perforations usually fix themselves, and there is bone grafting they can do as well if they need to when a tooth is removed. I had both of my top back molars removed in the last year. My tooth roots are terrificly long and a root canal failed on one leaving a chronic infection under a crown. There was a minor sinus perforation on one side because tooth roots can be close to the sinus cavity, but it healed itself and I had bone grafting material placed for implants and to speed the healing processes. Much better after getting that stuff done, although it does take time and money.

Good luck and heal well!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Good luck to ya! I too underwent oral surgery a month ago. Having an implant put in. Long story, but an old injury finally took it's toll on my tooth. So now I have to wear a retainer until healing process is finished. Ugh.

Hard for me to proclaim, but this guy and I now have something in common! :smile:
    lzxh3eyuqbop.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Good luck Dragon, the good news is that the mouth heals very quickly.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Yes, good luck! I start to sweat and the tech wonders why my blood pressure is so high when I go in for a small filling. Buy you a beer when you’re feeling up to one? I’m in S. Salem.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Best of luck with that. God speed with recovery...
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited February 2019
    I hope your surgery goes smoothly and you heal quickly. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Good luck mister
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Sounds scary, glad they caught it early and best of luck on the procedure.
  • dragon1952
    Thank you very much everyone. It means a lot :'(
  • dragon1952
    Ha ha...thanks! I remember that episode!
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Good luck and keep your spirits up.

Speedy recovery for sure.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Good luck dragon! I HATE dental work. But it’s better than the alternative! Best wishes for a seep day recovery!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dragon1952
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Good luck and keep your spirits up.

Yeah, who needs a whole face anyway :^ )
  • Hey, good luck and wishing you a very successful outcome.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Good luck, hopefully it won't be as bad as they told you.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • dragon1952
    Milito wrote: »
    Good luck, hopefully it won't be as bad as they told you.

Yeah that's always a possibility....thanks!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Best of luck for Tuesday. Let us know how everything goes.
  • Dang dude this sounds painful. To a successful, full recovery.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Good luck, buddy.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dragon1952
    Thanks guys....I appreciate the thoughts.