Cool and cheap component stands

dragon1952
dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
edited February 2019 in 2 Channel Audio
From Monoprice, I bought one so that I wouldn't have to stack my two LPS's on top of my power conditioner. $32.99 shipped and I am super impressed.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24795&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtP_iBRDGARIsAEWJA8iCIc2i4grIfocGR32_NCD6IDzmEbVNK9tj2PhH8yW_kJWB9ePFfpAaAg4EEALw_wcB
You can stack these and have about 4 and 3/4" , maybe 5" of clearance. Mine is shown without the spikes which, if stacked, fit into the receptacles of the bottom one. I've got about 4 and 1/4" clearance without spikes.wixx9vtsykuh.jpg
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited February 2019
    Looks like a decent stand but you need to put the spikes on. It is way to short and your power conditioner needs room to cool.

Another option is to put the conditioner on top and the other two smaller components under it.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Cool, I can think of a couple of places to use this.
    What are those things on top? LPs? Linear Power supplies?
    I disabled signatures.
  • dragon1952
    Yes, those are linear power supplies, one for my NUC and one for my external SSD dock.
    As for the power conditioner, there are no vents on the top or anything and it always runs cool. I've had my system on for over a week straight 24/7 to break in a couple new power cords and it's not even warm.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • msg
    Which power supplies are they, if you don't mind?
    I disabled signatures.
  • dragon1952
    edited February 2019
    delkal wrote: »

Another option is to put the conditioner on top and the other two smaller components under it.

Actually I hadn't thought of that :^ / The LPS's do have vents on the top but there would be lot's of clearance. The 19V gets slightly warm and the 5V stays cool to the touch.
    I may end up putting the spikes on but I need something to go under them because the shelves are glass (really thick glass).

• dragon1952
    msg wrote: »
    Which power supplies are they, if you don't mind?

Here's a link. Different seller than the one I bought from but probably the same entity. I think they use multiple accounts. They are very nice though and well-built with quality parts.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/222119517840?ul_noapp=true
  • msg
    Maybe some cheap spike discs?
    I disabled signatures.
  • dragon1952
    msg wrote: »
    Maybe some cheap spike discs?

Yeah that would probably work. I just got the shelf yesterday so I haven't had a lot of time to think about it.
  • dragon1952
    Looks like a decent stand but you need to put the spikes on. It is way to short and your power conditioner needs room to cool.

Better? :^ )

vnwhoat2zv76.jpg
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited February 2019
    dragon1952 wrote: »

Better? :^ )

vnwhoat2zv76.jpg

I am not sure how warm power conditioners actually gets............but YES, It looks like your Furman can now breath and it looks great! It was cramped in your first pic.

Nothing wrong with a cheap stand that doesn't look cheap. :)
  • dragon1952
    And I just noticed they now have these on sale for $24.99 vs the $32.99 I paid :^ /
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Thanks for the tip. I just ordered two.
  • dragon1952
    Cool!...let me know what you think (as long as it's positive :^ )
  • maxward
    Got them today (2 days) and they are surprisingly well made for something so inexpensive. They are now holding my Odyssey amps up.
  • dragon1952
    edited March 2019
    I agree....a ridiculously good deal. Picture please?
  • maxward
    Here’s a picture of the left side. The stands look like they could support my weight, but I didn’t try it. It’s a little cramped back there, so the amps are on much of the time.abj1d0tucgr8.jpeg
  • maxward
    Yes. The spikes fit nicely into the divots in the top of the stand. If I had longer speaker wires, I might try stacking them, but I like that the amps are unseen from the listening chair. The spikes have maybe an inch of adjustment, but the legs are a fixed length.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    DSkip wrote: »
    Are they stackable? Do they have different heights?

If you buy the full rack (four of these shelves plus one that's a bit taller) you can remove one shelf and double up two legs, I think. I looked at this very closely when I was buying a rack, but I liked the look and flexibility of the Salamander more. :)