Cool and cheap component stands

dragon1952dragon1952 Posts: 4,548
edited February 15 in 2 Channel Audio
From Monoprice, I bought one so that I wouldn't have to stack my two LPS's on top of my power conditioner. $32.99 shipped and I am super impressed.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24795&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtP_iBRDGARIsAEWJA8iCIc2i4grIfocGR32_NCD6IDzmEbVNK9tj2PhH8yW_kJWB9ePFfpAaAg4EEALw_wcB
You can stack these and have about 4 and 3/4" , maybe 5" of clearance. Mine is shown without the spikes which, if stacked, fit into the receptacles of the bottom one. I've got about 4 and 1/4" clearance without spikes.wixx9vtsykuh.jpg
2 channel - PS Audio Stellar S300 amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5 running Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC24, Matrix X-SPDIF 2 USB interface, Blackbird SSD dock with 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO, Tom Tutay modded EE Minimax preamp, Furman Elite 15 Pfi power conditioner, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL speakers, Kimber 4TC speaker wire, Gabriel Gold Reflection V2 IC's, VH Audio power cords, Wireworld USB cables
Computer - Windows 7/JRiver, Topping D10 DAC, Fostex PMO.4n monitors

Comments

• delkaldelkal Posts: 448
    edited February 16
    Looks like a decent stand but you need to put the spikes on. It is way to short and your power conditioner needs room to cool.

Another option is to put the conditioner on top and the other two smaller components under it.
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,699
    Cool, I can think of a couple of places to use this.
    What are those things on top? LPs? Linear Power supplies?
    I disabled signatures.
  • dragon1952dragon1952 Posts: 4,548
    Yes, those are linear power supplies, one for my NUC and one for my external SSD dock.
    As for the power conditioner, there are no vents on the top or anything and it always runs cool. I've had my system on for over a week straight 24/7 to break in a couple new power cords and it's not even warm.
    2 channel - PS Audio Stellar S300 amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5 running Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC24, Matrix X-SPDIF 2 USB interface, Blackbird SSD dock with 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO, Tom Tutay modded EE Minimax preamp, Furman Elite 15 Pfi power conditioner, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL speakers, Kimber 4TC speaker wire, Gabriel Gold Reflection V2 IC's, VH Audio power cords, Wireworld USB cables
    Which power supplies are they, if you don't mind?
    I disabled signatures.
    edited February 16
    delkal wrote: »

Another option is to put the conditioner on top and the other two smaller components under it.

Actually I hadn't thought of that :^ / The LPS's do have vents on the top but there would be lot's of clearance. The 19V gets slightly warm and the 5V stays cool to the touch.
    I may end up putting the spikes on but I need something to go under them because the shelves are glass (really thick glass).

msg wrote: »
    Which power supplies are they, if you don't mind?

Here's a link. Different seller than the one I bought from but probably the same entity. I think they use multiple accounts. They are very nice though and well-built with quality parts.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/222119517840?ul_noapp=true
    Maybe some cheap spike discs?
    I disabled signatures.
    msg wrote: »
    Maybe some cheap spike discs?

Yeah that would probably work. I just got the shelf yesterday so I haven't had a lot of time to think about it.
    Looks like a decent stand but you need to put the spikes on. It is way to short and your power conditioner needs room to cool.

Better? :^ )

vnwhoat2zv76.jpg
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 448
    edited February 27
    dragon1952 wrote: »

Better? :^ )

vnwhoat2zv76.jpg

I am not sure how warm power conditioners actually gets............but YES, It looks like your Furman can now breath and it looks great! It was cramped in your first pic.

Nothing wrong with a cheap stand that doesn't look cheap. :)
    And I just noticed they now have these on sale for $24.99 vs the $32.99 I paid :^ /
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 270
    Thanks for the tip. I just ordered two.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
    Cool!...let me know what you think (as long as it's positive :^ )
    Got them today (2 days) and they are surprisingly well made for something so inexpensive. They are now holding my Odyssey amps up.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    edited March 8
    I agree....a ridiculously good deal. Picture please?
    Here’s a picture of the left side. The stands look like they could support my weight, but I didn’t try it. It’s a little cramped back there, so the amps are on much of the time.abj1d0tucgr8.jpeg
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,471
    edited March 9
    Are they stackable? Do they have different heights?
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    Yes. The spikes fit nicely into the divots in the top of the stand. If I had longer speaker wires, I might try stacking them, but I like that the amps are unseen from the listening chair. The spikes have maybe an inch of adjustment, but the legs are a fixed length.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,494
    DSkip wrote: »
    Are they stackable? Do they have different heights?

If you buy the full rack (four of these shelves plus one that's a bit taller) you can remove one shelf and double up two legs, I think. I looked at this very closely when I was buying a rack, but I liked the look and flexibility of the Salamander more. :)
    Micah
    music on vinyl; https://www.discogs.com/user/mlistens03/collection
    Technics SL3200 turntable; Shure M97xE cart; Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2; NAD C352 integrated; KEF Q150 speakers; Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer; home-built stands, generic cables but will upgrade soon...

desktop; Lenovo G50 running Win10, Yamaha RX-v665 AVR, JBL e30 headphones
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.