Chemical Guys vs Adams Polishes.

Hey guys,
Any options on Chemical Guys detailing products? Recently I started using Adam's Polishes products and find them to work very well but I keep seeing Chemical guys stuff.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    Im interested in opinions too
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    McKees 37 products have done the trick for me
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    I have bought a few gallons of Chemical Guys stuff recently. The soap is so concentrated that you only need three caps full for four gallons. I use the polymer sealant and it is holding up great this winter so far. I also bought the spray detailer. Seems to work good after washes. Peace. Dk43gbimp3ew0.jpeg
    48jp5wv74ztq.png
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I have been using Adam's on my vette for about 5 years. I have had good luck with their products and i like the videos they have as well
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Dan,

Do a YouTube search for ceramic coating torture tests or comparisons. I found out that there are certain brands, both consumer and professional, that hold up well over a year or even two years. You can also see which products fail. Results can be surprising. Don’t limit yourself to just 2 brands. Go with the products that will protect and shine with the most longevity. Get the best bang for your buck.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited February 2019
    I'm a Chemical Guys fan. I use their soap, sealer, wax, TORQ Professional Foam Cannon, microfiber towels, microfiber mitts, applicators and microfiber soap. No disappointments.

I like the Honeydew Snow Foam soap. JetSeal Paint sealant. I like the 50/50 wax for the pop and love the smell. Like coconuts. I use their Wheel Guard Max Coat Rim & Wheel Sealant too.

They have waxes for every budget.

Made my old Malibu look good.

g65git13kit9.jpg

Use it on the Kia Hybrid now.

981a2xbh28w5.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I'm gonna give a few things a try, why not right?
    Dan
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Been a while since I detailed, but I liked Klasse polishing products back in the day.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    edited February 2019
    0000 steel wool for that trendy matte finish conversion. I did one of these at lunch one day on my boss's BMW 650.

Good info here, guys, I'm gonna try some of these things too. I'm overdue.

Dan what was that product set you used on your engine?
    I disabled signatures.
  • mantis
    Since I stopped detailing back in 1990's professionally, I have been using Maguire's and Mothers stuff. For engine cleaning I would pickup a gallon of Purple Power all purpose cleaner from Home Depot which is similar to Ardex Professional Power All purpose cleaner. Cut 10 to 1 for degreasing and 15-20 to 1 for interior cleaning, tire cleaning etc.
    I would then use a tire dressing rubbed in on the black plastic parts to give the engine a fresh new look.
    Dan
  • mantis
    I was driving home from work and decided to stop in Auto Zone Auto parts store to see if they had a horse hair interior brush. I'm probably just gonna order one from Adam's Polishes but I figured if someone local had one I'd grab it.
    Well They didn't have what I wanted but as usual I look at the detailing supplies and see if anything grabs me. Griots Garage has a form gun and cash wash soap there and I figured what the hell never used a foam gun and been wanting to try it. It's 61 degrees today and I'll go home and give the truck a wash.
    I picked up thishttps://www.griotsgarage.com/product/brilliant+finish+car+wash+64+ounces.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn
    And this
    https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/foaming+sprayer.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn
    Man in all my years of professionally detailing and doing it at home I never used one of these foaming spray guns. Now my pressure washer has this ability and now that i used a hose model I'm absolutely getting a pressure washer foam gun for it but let me tell you about this thing.
    You use about 3 oz in the bottle and fill the rest up with water. Cool I did it and connected it to my hose. I first wet the truck down as I usually do and then connected the foam sprayer. Man it's crazy how foamy it is. I basically colored my whole truck white. It sticks to your vehicle and runs slowly down pulling dirt and grime with it. Super cool and really makes for a better experience hand washing.So I used the entire bottle of the soap I made and basically had a blast doing so. I put a small about into my wash bucket and dudes this soap is crazy foamy. It feels like your wash fit is gliding around your paint with liquid bearings or something. Amazing feeling compared to using all the other car wash soaps I've ever used in the past. And the amount of soap I used is less overall then what I use to use from all the others.
    We live in good times people, if you have not used a foam gun and a high quality car wash soap like Griots then you need to experience this. It smells great and what a pleasure working with it. I know Adam's Polishes car wash soap is supposed to be the best out there. If it's at all better then Griots it's gotta be crazy because Griots is straight up amazing. I'm so pleased.
    Dan
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    No love for Zaino products?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mantis
    treitz3 wrote: »
    No love for Zaino products?

Tom
    Never used them, how are they?

Dan
  • SCompRacer
    edited February 2019
    The pressure washer foamer makes much better clingy foam than the garden hose foamer.

The pressure washer foamers are sold by gpm and pressure specs so you can match them to your pressure washer. I use two buckets, a smaller one with microfiber mitt to do the wheels. A larger bucket of foam with microfiber mitt to do the body.

lf6r1s3ppsi7.jpg

I started with a garden hose foamer. Length of hose and pressure affect foaming results. Either way better than just bucket washing IMO.

7865kakj47ke.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mantis
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    The pressure washer foamer makes much better foam than the garden hose foamer.

The pressure washer foamers are sold by gpm and pressure specs so you can match them to your pressure washer. I use two buckets, a smaller one with microfiber mitt to do the wheels. A larger bucket of foam with microfiber mitt to do the body.

lf6r1s3ppsi7.jpg
    Yeah I have a pretty nice Pressure washer in a Honda. It's gas powered and very good. It also has it's own soap feeder built in which I might try using car wash high foam soap and see how it does.
    Dan
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Someone had a similar thread on this a couple of years ago, and I was intigued by this as well, so I found a starter Chemical Guys kit from Costco for $69.99, it came with the wash bucket with the bottom thingy to trap the dirt (yup, it works), as well as Honeydew foam soap, Butter Wet wax, and a few other things. It also came with the foam blaster that hooks up to the hose. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, and makes washing the cars kinda fun now. I also picked up a few 24" x 36" micro drying towels, things I never thought could make a difference, wrong again. Last summer I picked up a small electric 1500psi pressure washer and a foam cannon, again I was pleasantly surprised at how well it all works. My cars never looked so good.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • SCompRacer
    mantis wrote: »
    Yeah I have a pretty nice Pressure washer in a Honda. It's gas powered and very good. It also has it's own soap feeder built in which I might try using car wash high foam soap and see how it does.

Like MC Hammer, a gas pressure washer, electric can't touch this...lol
  • SCompRacer
    polrbehr wrote: »
    My cars never looked so good.

My neighbor, who is 15 years younger, says why bother, just go to the car wash. Less than a year his clear coat has fine scratches in it that dulls the paint. My clear coat doesn't have scratches and shines, that's why I bother.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    mantis wrote: »

Like MC Hammer, a gas pressure washer, electric can't touch this...lol

For general purpose pressure washing like I do for customers, yes, no comparison
    between gas and electric. However, it's hard to beat the portability and light weight my electric affords me; and honestly, I bought it just to handle car washing chores. FWIW, I got the electric from Amazon for about $70 shipped. Can't touch THAT... ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • SCompRacer
    polrbehr wrote: »
    ]

For general purpose pressure washing like I do for customers, yes, no comparison
    between gas and electric. However, it's hard to beat the portability and light weight my electric affords me; and honestly, I bought it just to handle car washing chores. FWIW, I got the electric from Amazon for about $70 shipped. Can't touch THAT... ;)

I just have an electric. It's great for my needs. You are right, gas can't touch the price...lol