RIP TonyB - A Polk Forum Roast.

treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,034
Okay, TonyB has unfortunately moved onto the Vanilla heavens. RIP buddy.

This thread is dedicated to the memory of our long lost friend (or enemy) and memories of him while at Club Polk. Time to Roast the guy!!! What are your favorite memories or worst experiences? Those that are buried in cement need not apply.

.....and GO!

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,774
    Wait Tonys banned?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,524
    Wait Tonys banned?
    He can no longer get logged in to his original tonyb account.
    2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,616
    The corporeal being that was @TonyB still walks this terrestrial globe... but in cyberspace,his bits have, it seems, all been reset to zero.

:(

We still hope for a digital resurrection.
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,034
    After winning the award for "Best in show" at LASF one year, Tony actually took a photo of my "rig" for his safekeeping. Last I heard, he will not erase that photo....it means so very much to him.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,495
    Lol he somehow discovered a security risk. How did he even force the database to update his email, some wonky json scripts running here.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,585
    Who?.....
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,030
    Wait Tonys banned?

witness protection bro
    Horse heads?
    Beds?

I actually think he's gone on the lam -- sittin' on a cache of black paint... but I am merely speculating.

• steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,987
    Keep talkin smack about Tony, and he's gonna have Vinny break your tumbs.
    dago wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Horse heads?
    Beds?

I actually think he's gone on the lam -- sittin' on a cache of black paint... but I am merely speculating.

Green paint Mark....you have to spray the ground after digging a hole to make it look natural again. :)

pro tip vqi2smz8uo1c.png
  • dagodago Posts: 38
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Keep talkin smack about Tony, and he's gonna have Vinny break your tumbs.

Yep, try scrolling your music selections with a cast on your tumbs.
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 6,553
    edited February 16
    He pulled up to the toll booth and the attendant disappeared and bing... the SHTF. If he only had EZPass...

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7704 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo UDP 203 | Sony PS4 Pro| Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's | Usher BE-616 Center | SVS Ultra Surrounds | SVS SB4000 Sub | SVS SB2000 Sub | Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life | Samsung 50" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office |Cocktail Audio X14 | KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 | Bluesound Node |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 |
    I had some Italian snow tires once...

I think that's all I can say, though.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,119
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I had some Italian snow tires once...

I think that's all I can say, though.

I had an Italian helicopter once.

I think that's all I can say, too. :p
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,034
    I bought an Italian Ice Cone one time. Turned out to be a waste of money. Damn thing melted within 5 minutes.

Went back to get a refund and the Italian wanted to break my tumbs. He stated that I should just Fuggett about it or some s***! The nerve of that guy.

Tom

msg wrote: »
    I had an Italian girlfriend once.
    Still kind of have her. Afraid to get rid of her.

:) :) That's the whole point now isn't it. lol
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,420
    At least put your picture back so I know who I'm talking to!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 ch. 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
    edited February 16
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I ate at Olive Garden once...
    Does that make me an Italian?

No, but if you went back a second time, that would make you a mas-o-chist. :p
    Vanilla says "NO!" to m-a-s-o-c-h-i-s-t. HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,774
    There once was a man named Tony
    Some dude called him an Italian phony
    now the guys dead
    From a bashed in head
    He will swim with fishies in the morning
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Don't quit your day job Dan. :D
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,524
    There once was a man named Tony
    Some dude called him an Italian phony
    now the guys dead
    From a bashed in head
    He will swim with fishies in the morning
    Were you beatboxing when you wrote that?

2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps