RIP TonyB - A Polk Forum Roast.

Okay, TonyB has unfortunately moved onto the Vanilla heavens. RIP buddy.

This thread is dedicated to the memory of our long lost friend (or enemy) and memories of him while at Club Polk. Time to Roast the guy!!! What are your favorite memories or worst experiences? Those that are buried in cement need not apply.

.....and GO!

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Wait Tonys banned?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Wait Tonys banned?
    He can no longer get logged in to his original tonyb account.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,876
    The corporeal being that was @TonyB still walks this terrestrial globe... but in cyberspace,his bits have, it seems, all been reset to zero.

:(

We still hope for a digital resurrection.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,191
    After winning the award for "Best in show" at LASF one year, Tony actually took a photo of my "rig" for his safekeeping. Last I heard, he will not erase that photo....it means so very much to him.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Lol he somehow discovered a security risk. How did he even force the database to update his email, some wonky json scripts running here.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    Wait Tonys banned?

witness protection bro
  • mhardy6647
    Horse heads?
    Beds?

I actually think he's gone on the lam -- sittin' on a cache of black paint... but I am merely speculating.

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Keep talkin smack about Tony, and he's gonna have Vinny break your tumbs.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    dago wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Horse heads?
    Beds?

I actually think he's gone on the lam -- sittin' on a cache of black paint... but I am merely speculating.

Green paint Mark....you have to spray the ground after digging a hole to make it look natural again. :)

pro tip vqi2smz8uo1c.png
  • dago
    dago Posts: 38
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Keep talkin smack about Tony, and he's gonna have Vinny break your tumbs.

Yep, try scrolling your music selections with a cast on your tumbs.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited February 2019
    He pulled up to the toll booth and the attendant disappeared and bing... the SHTF. If he only had EZPass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roCcf5Vge0o
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mhardy6647
    I had some Italian snow tires once...

I think that's all I can say, though.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I had some Italian snow tires once...

I think that's all I can say, though.

I had an Italian helicopter once.

I think that's all I can say, too. :p
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,191
    I bought an Italian Ice Cone one time. Turned out to be a waste of money. Damn thing melted within 5 minutes.

Went back to get a refund and the Italian wanted to break my tumbs. He stated that I should just Fuggett about it or some s***! The nerve of that guy.

Tom
  • dago
    msg wrote: »
    I had an Italian girlfriend once.
    Still kind of have her. Afraid to get rid of her.

:):) That's the whole point now isn't it. lol
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    At least put your picture back so I know who I'm talking to!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Viking64
    edited February 2019
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I ate at Olive Garden once...
    Does that make me an Italian?

No, but if you went back a second time, that would make you a mas-o-chist. :p
  • Viking64
    Vanilla says "NO!" to m-a-s-o-c-h-i-s-t. HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    There once was a man named Tony
    Some dude called him an Italian phony
    now the guys dead
    From a bashed in head
    He will swim with fishies in the morning
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dago
    Don't quit your day job Dan. :D
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    There once was a man named Tony
    Some dude called him an Italian phony
    now the guys dead
    From a bashed in head
    He will swim with fishies in the morning
    Were you beatboxing when you wrote that?