NICE Infinity RS IIIB floorstanding speakers

geppy1
geppy1 Posts: 3,071
edited September 2016 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I am selling my Infinity RS IIIB floorstanding speakers. The RS IIIB was made from 1985 to 1986 . I worked in the audio biz back then and we sold these for $1500. They are around 48 inches tall by 18 by 7. They weigh around 70lbs. The RS IIIB has two 10 inch Polycone woofers, 1 Polydome midrange and the famous EMT tweeter. There are level controls on back. See link to specs sheet.. Mine are in excellent shape and work perfectly. The four 10 inch drivers were refoamed last fall. I also added 4 small blocks inside to beef up the cabinet as that back panel is big and that helps control cabinet resonance. The cabinets are beautiful with two little and I mean little like 1/8 in marks on one side front edge where the fluting is. The bases have been drilled for spikes and an adjustable bolt for tilt back. The grills are in very nice shape but one badge is missing. This is. a turn key deal and needs nothing other then the badge.. I have RS 2.5s and just cannot keep them all. Local pickup. I am in the Twin Cities area and am asking $395 Thanks
PM for pictures
http://www.infinity-classics.de/technik/manuals/RS_IIIA_technical_sheet.pdf

Comments

• geppy1
    Now $365 I really do not want to part these out but it is getting to that point
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited February 2019

Oops... Wrong thread. Hangs head in shame.
    Post edited by scubalab on
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I owned these in the mid 80's, and if I were within 600 miles, I'd be all over it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • geppy1
    Long gone guys
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    scubalab wrote: »

Oops... Wrong thread. Hangs head in shame.

Nice job... 🙄
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus